Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Instant MPG Gauge

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ang 
#1 ·
I am the new owner of a 2012 Twilight Blue Metallic EX-L. One of my very few initial complaints about the car (that was cured with the 2013 redesign) was the lack of an instant MPG gauge. I try to drive for fuel efficiency, and the gauge helps immensely. Fortunately, I found a cheap and very effective fix: a $25 BAFX bluetooth OBD II reader that sends instant MPG, average MPG, and all the data you could dream of to the Torque Pro app on my Android phone. The reader plugs into the OBD port by the driver's door under the dash and runs off the vehicle's power supply. All of the controls are through the app on the Android device (I don't think the BAFX works with an iPhone, but other bluetooth readers do). And as an added bonus, it reads error codes, too. Great, simple upgrade for anyone with a 2010-2012 Crosstour desiring an instant MPG gauge (or anyone looking for a cheap code reader).

#3 ·
My

My 2010 crosstour has one built into the gps I use it all the time. Also can watch for the green eco light. I can get 27 mpg when not leaving car running at work in winter to stay warm or driving like an ***
The Eco light has nothing to do with MPG It simply means VCM is enabled and destroying your engine

Reactions: Mash1020
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.