Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Custom CT. What does your CT say about you?

14K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  crosstour480 
#1 ·
I've had 22"s, yellow calipers, amp & sub, smocked tail lights, and HID headlights on my CT since the beginning of 2010. Probably won't do much else to it. Simple. Clean. Versatile. Too much costumization makes it look cheap, in my opinion... And I don't sound like a whoopi cushion driving down the street, I *don't have to go 1 mph over speed bumps, nor do I have to back out of sloped drive ways diagonally. Haha. Im a pro photographer and never thought of taking photos of it until I came across this forum. Shot this a couple of days ago (July 13th, 2012). Hope you guys like.

See less See more
#4 ·
I can't remember how many photos I used, but it was more than six. I added some thickness to the tires because I was tired of repairing the rims from the LA potholes. I think it adds a little "toughness" to the look, and I prefer It to the "riding on rubber bands" look. The tires are within the wheel well so the width is fine. Thanks for your critique, though.

#5 ·
Post the original photo!

Good call on the less lower-profile tires. I always wonder if the car owners of 23"+ wheels ever regret their decision on the wheels? I personally like +1, or +2. That's the most I'd go on any car. My Accord's got +1 from factory, and sometimes I already dread doing so...

You should post your original CT picture! I liked the lighting on it. Not bad. I'd love to see how it was lit, even if it was not your car, or picture.

BTW, good job overall. I think if you tone down the picture overall, it may be more believable. Tone down the skyline to be more like 7:30PM than 5:30PM right now, and tone down your car respectively, and perhaps your car would pop more. Still, I think you did a good PS job.

#7 · (Edited)
Good call on the less lower-profile tires. I always wonder if the car owners of 23"+ wheels ever regret their decision on the wheels? I personally like +1, or +2. That's the most I'd go on any car. My Accord's got +1 from factory, and sometimes I already dread doing so...

You should post your original CT picture! I liked the lighting on it. Not bad. I'd love to see how it was lit, even if it was not your car, or picture.

BTW, good job overall. I think if you tone down the picture overall, it may be more believable. Tone down the skyline to be more like 7:30PM than 5:30PM right now, and tone down your car respectively, and perhaps your car would pop more. Still, I think you did a good PS job.
It would be difficult to post the original photo since this one is a composite to 7 photos (which you knew already). I took multiple photos with a portable studio light and stitched them together. Here is the method that I used: http://vimeo.com/30363913 I wanted it too have that surreal, car ad look. It was exactly what I was trying to achieve. Thanks for the critique... again. I come across critics all of the time in my profession. It's interesting, but the critics seem to usually be the people that desperately want others to believe that they are very knowledgeable on the subject or an expert in the field that they are talking about... as though pointing out imperfections (in their "expert" opinions) in other people or things will bring them that much closer to perfection. I get a feeling, however, that they most likely do it in an attempt further themselves from their true selves that they try so hard to hide from others.

#9 ·
Thank you, very much, YankeesFan9090. A couple of other people have mentioned that, as well. I just have to quit procrastinating and contact someone from Honda. There's no better time than the present... But I've decided that I'm still going to procrastinate for now. Haha.

#13 ·
A couple questions about the photo....first of all, That photo is amazing! I want to get into HDR photography. Is this photo similar to the HDR effect? forgive my ignorance on the subject. What software did you use to edit this photo? About how long does it take to produce this type of image?
Also I agree with the others in this post. You should do ads for Honda! :) it's better than the one in the video for sure!

#16 · (Edited)
Now I'm thinking about 22's instead! What size tires are those and do you have any issues? What spacers did you use? Where the tires rubbing when going over speed bumps or even under heavy acceleration?

#17 ·
I know a few people have done 22s... but unless you're building it for show or building the CT into something that's "low and slow", I'd not recommend going 22s.

1) Much heavier unsprung weight
- I got 20" TSW Nurburgring, which are actually lighter than stock 18" rims... but even though the Nurburgring are considered light weight rims, the 22s are +31 lbs...
- So if you go with a different rim / brand, you could easily get into high 30s and +40s for weight... which means horrible acceleration (I love my V6 and would never put up with it).

2) Tire selection is horrible (see link below)... So if you're not a fan of anything listed you're out of luck... (and yes, I've looked at all comparable sizes for 225mm (stock) / 235mm / 245mm (suggested max) widths that is even close to the original stock diameter (and no matter which you choose, you will definitely affect the odometer and possibly abs with 22s)

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator/225-60R18/245-30R22/235-30R22

3) For those of us running 245/45R20 we've got roughly 4.3 inches of side wall... for 245/30R22 you're looking at 2.8 inches... so your roads better be perfect, and you better never see a 4-6 inch pothole like I do here in NY.

4) Offset is not really an issue, you can check out my other threads to look at a more conservative 8.5 inch rim with a 40 offset... vs. 7th Sign which I believe is 10inch rim with a 30 to 35 offset (sticks out to the side a lot more than mine)
- As far as rubbing, you won't really have a problem with this... as 245/30R22 will have almost 1 inch smaller total diameter (resulting in more wheel gap), so even if you slam it with a coilover like 7th (~2.5 - 3 inch drop) you'll actually have more space than him...

That's my honest advice... but to each his own.
Best of luck with your mods.

#20 ·
Good point GL84! I will diffly keep that in mind. Looks like 20's and dropped some ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.