Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Annoyances with the Crosstour

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  SoonerMock 
#1 ·
I've had my CT for a week now, and I just found my first annoyance. There's a lot of snow where I live, and as I drive all the slush from the roads builds up underneath the doors.

The other day as day as I was getting out of my CT, the top of my foot brushed the bottom of the door. When that happened, some of the slush from the bottom of the door rubbed off onto my shoes and my pants. It also got under the bottom of my pants and onto my sock, making my foot wet. This happened to me about 3-4 time yesterday, before I actually remembered to open my door wider. The problem is, it's not always easy to open the door wide especially when you're in a parking lot full of cars, and you have a limited amount of space beside you.

Are there any other things I should expect?

#2 ·
Have you put on the splash guards? Having had mine only a week as well, and having driven in a small storm, with the accessory guards in place all my snow build-up seemed to be in the wheel well.

#8 · (Edited)
Was just playing around with the stereo, and it seems the front speakers are too powerful. When I set the fader to +5 in the rear, I can hear the rear speakers and the sub and the front speakers aren't as overpowering. Is there anyway to increase the power to the rear speakers and the sub?

For now I'm going to set the fader to r5-r7 for a while and see if the rear speakers just need to be burned in. I've run into that a few times with home theatre speakers, so I'm hoping that's all it is.

#10 ·
The rear speakers are really very underwhelming, and they are only small mid drivers with no tweeter in them. They are basically good for little more than rear fill.

#9 ·
i-MID fault 2013 Crosstour EX-L (and Accord)

I bought a 2013 EX-L 4 cylinder three days ago, on Dec 31, 2012, and returned it yesterday. The dealership, McDavid Honda Frisco, was kind enough to refund the entire purchase and return my trade. I only have praise for McDavid Honda, from our sales rep Lexx to the General Manager. Thank you.
I am a 2010 Crosstour owner, albeit for only 2-3 months. I bought the 2010 used, it is still in warranty with only 24,000 miles, and in two months has given me more problems than my 2000 Civic did in 8 years of ownership. I love the car's design, but it is a drivability nightmare. But that is another story.
On Monday, we took delivery of the 2013, and at the time of delivery, our sales rep noticed that some i-MID commands failed, all in the Vehicle Settings category. Door lock/unlock, forward collision warning, those sorts of things, all returned "unable to complete".
Since we had a long day at the dealership, they were crazy busy, and the weather was cold and wet, we took the car home and agreed to revisit the problem on Jan 2.
We returned to the dealer Jan 2, and after spending several hours with the car, the service writer called to tell us that the i-MID problem we were experiencing was a known issue with the new Accord, though Honda had not told the dealer about it. The i-MID software vendor, Alpine, would release a software fix in 6 to 8 weeks. Since my woes with the 2010 were still recent and painful, and after some discussion with the dealership sales manager and GM, I decided this was my last shot at Honda, and returned the car. The dealership negated the deal, and returned our trade. Again, McDavid dealerships, thank you.
I also noticed a couple of fit and finish nits - damage to the rear spoiler painted over at the factory, some carpet padding exposed where the belts pushed through the carpet. Factory should have caught these, IMHO.
You make your own decisions about Honda quality, but I have made mine. No more Honda for me; Honda corporate apparently doesn't care about customers (look up 2010 Crosstour "shutter" and "vibration" posts in this forum), and no longer builds quality cars. Good luck out there - buyer beware.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.