Honda Crosstour Forums banner

missing paint around tail lights. anyone???

6K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  calvin 
#1 ·
WTF, is this more proof of the vibration?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Something is up with the alignment of those light units. Mine sit more flush with the fender than that.

#5 ·
yea those taillights should not be that far out. They may not be locked into place.

#6 ·
Yesterday, I had a conversation with the old guy that owns the local Honda dealership. He and my dad are old friends. Anyway, this gentleman said that many of the early-build CT's came to his lot with loose or incorrectly installed taillights. He said that Honda even sent the dealers a memo earlier this year requesting that they add "inspect taillights" to the dealer prep list. He's in his 80's, he doesn't actually go into work at the dealership anymore, but he does tend stay in touch with things.

-fred

#7 ·
I have the same issue on both driver and passenger sides of my 2012 Pearl White Crosstour. The dealer is re-painting the rear section of the car this week under warranty. I am glad they stepped up to acknowledge and fix the problem but I hope that it does not return in the future.

Seems the paint issues pointed out in this thread have not been resolved:
http://www.crosstourownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213

#10 ·
Hello I just recently bought a 2012 CT. After I got it home and inspected it a bit closer. I found missing paint (chipped) around the tail lights as well. So being as I hardly have 400 miles on it, i was a little annoyed. But would be happy w/ just touching it up...... That is until i returned to the dealer. After returning to the dealer, i looked at the remaining leftover 2012 CT's on the lot. Every single one of them has the same issue. No matter the color(you just have to look harder) every single one brand spankin on the lot w cracked/chipped paint around both the left and right tail lamps toward the front of the vehicle. I received the touch up kit from them at no cost, but am debating on if i should have the rear 1/4's painted.

#11 ·
I have had my Crosstour fora little over 2 weeks. Because of this thread, I went out and checked mine. Sure enough, one of my rear lights has chipping also. Just curious if they are doing anything to avoid this such as adjusting the rear light or tightening it. If not, I see this as a recurring issue...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.