Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Side Door Moldings???

10K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Charlievice 
#1 ·
Thinking about adding body side moldings to our one-month old CT (4WD EX-L, Opal Sage). Had them on our previous Accord sedan and really, really liked the appearance of the lines on the car. In three years we had no nicks; perhaps the molding prevented that??? Not really sure about the CT? For sure we want to avoid any ding in the side, usually caused by a careless parking space neighbor. But is the CT's side molding effective? What do you think of its looks on the side of the car? How about the cost? Can it be self installed easily? Interested in your experiens and opinion.

#2 ·
Side Moldings

Had the moldings applied to my Silver CT and they looked great. already saved the passenger side door. Some carless A-----e nicked the molding which I touched up. Wanted to install the clear strip to the door edge but they couldn't install after the molding had be installed.

#5 ·
Thinking about adding body side moldings to our one-month old CT (4WD EX-L, Opal Sage). Had them on our previous Accord sedan and really, really liked the appearance of the lines on the car. In three years we had no nicks; perhaps the molding prevented that??? Not really sure about the CT? For sure we want to avoid any ding in the side, usually caused by a careless parking space neighbor. But is the CT's side molding effective? What do you think of its looks on the side of the car? How about the cost? Can it be self installed easily? Interested in your experiens and opinion.
They help for sure on protecting sides but they seem to nick easy cause I opened door on other car in garage and barely hit the trim and nicked paint off strip...used touch-up paint and no big deal. Told my wife and she said "what would have happened without it." She had a good point.

#6 ·
Thanks to Leek69

After viewing the photo of your CT with the side moldings, I ordered them from Honda Parts Super Store after an Internet search. I also ordered door sill trim plates. I have an ivory interior and the door sills are always dirty and scuffed looking.

#7 · (Edited)
After viewing the photo of your CT with the side moldings, I ordered them from Honda Parts Super Store after an Internet search. I also ordered door sill trim plates. I have an ivory interior and the door sills are always dirty and scuffed looking.
Glad to help ya out. My brother says the CT has alot of lines whatever that means...guess I added one more on each side huh? I added the chrome pillers as well shown in picture...for what its worth.

Yes the door sill trim plates are a great idea as well

#13 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.