Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Back up camera angle changing

15K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  JBur82281 
#1 ·
It's been a great 1st week with CT. I am noticing an issue with the back up camera. Initially it used to show just the edge of the bumper. Now I am noticing that it is showing a part of the license plate too (including part of the actual license plate numbers). Has anyone had this issue. I don't have the navi, so mine shows in the rear view mirror.
I am afraid if something is loose in the camera housing, it might go completely out of focus after a while. Has anyone had this issue or tried to adjust the camera angle by themselves.
I am planning on taking it to the dealer and have them check it when I get a chance.

#2 ·
This might sound crazy but, has there been an outside temperature change? Here is my theory; we all know metal expands and contracts when subject to temperature changes. Then if there is a difference in the temperature outside then it lends itself that there would be a slight variation in camera angle.

OK, maybe not.....

#6 ·
mine shows the same thing when it works.................camera has been an issue since new which is only a week old been to the dealer twice going back for a third time they are replacing the mirror i get a blue screen now they think there is a short in the mirror also check engine light is also on now to many little issues to soon

#7 ·
Just purchased a new 2012 and have experienced the same problem as mneleventhirty reported over a year ago. The camera angle has changed. Does anyone know about repairing it? Regardless of why the angle has changed, the Honda service department in Jacksonville, NC says it cannot be adjusted. The 2013 has an adjustment knob, but the 2012 doesn't. Thank you.

#8 ·
Dammit, this just happened to mine today. Nothing obvious to cause it, no one slammed the hatchback and no one hit the car. All of a sudden this morning I've got the license plate frame, part of the plate itself, and the bumper in the camera display. It all feels tight... can't understand this, but I certainly don't like it much. 2012 car, almost two years old.

#9 ·
Back-up Camera Angle Shifting

Have a 2012 CT and am experiencing a similar situation. Not a big change or something that makes the back-up camera useless, but a shift none the less. Talked with my local dealer last week about it and the Service Advisor I worked with said that there isn't any adjustment of the actual camera angle they can do short of tearing open the hatchback and replacing the camera...is their input.

#11 ·
Hello everyone,
Got the same exact problem as mneleventhirty and some of you.
I wonder what's going on now? Have you guys find the way to fix it?
It happened about 2 months after owning it and right after I installed the stainless steel rear bumper protector.
I did not have any bumper protector before. Maybe the sun ray (reflected by the stainless steel bumper) burned something very sensitive in the camera:confused:

-White 2013 Crosstour EX V6

#14 ·
I am new to this group but I joined because I too had the same issue ...the back up camera angle changing. My CT is 2012, and I love it. For 5 years I have had the same angle view when backing up until recently and it changed for no reason. I took it to dealer, I have the extended warranty and they replaced the camera. Still no change in the angle. They told me there was nothing that can be done, they even called Honda to see about it. I personally think Honda knows this is an issue and they do not have a fix for it, because starting in 2013 I understand that there is an adjustment. My question is did any of you ever find a solution to the problem? With the design of the CT you definitely need the camera to aid in backing up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.