Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Adjust Low-beam Headlights?

23K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Kenzi 
#1 ·
Does anyone here know how to adjust the low=beam headlights on the crosstour? I want mine up just a bit more...

#2 ·
Had to use a small quartz pinlight to see them but the adjusters in the holes have a slot for a slotted screwdriver. (about 1.5 inches down)
If you slide the screwdriver straight down and 'feel' with the end, you'll find the slot .. follow the directions for adjustment.

Mine need adjusting up a bit too but I'll wait for my HID install to do so.

C.

#3 ·
I've solved the mystery of the so called headlight adjuster holes.....the ones with the adjustment diagrams and directions on, and those don't access the adjusters at all.
I've taken pics of the actual adjusters which are in plain view after the plastic covers are removed (see pics).
Each adjuster has three pics showing it and its location on the Driver's side and Passenger side and can be seen with a little contortion past the battery on D's side and past the power steering reservoir on the P's side.
Once you find these adjusters it's just a matter of using the proper sized screwdriver to rotate the adjuster wheels which are about the size of a silver dollar and have teeth.

See pics. The D's side is easy to see, but the P's side is not so easy -- use a small light to illuminate the area.

Driver's side Adjuster:

Driver's side Adjuster:

Driver's side overview:

Passenger side Adjuster:

Passenger side adjuster (can't see but it's the correct view)

Passenger side overview:

..........and finally a pic of all the plastic covers removed....The white hexagonals show the position of the 2 clips that are slightly different from the rest.

C.

#4 ·
Thank you so much.

#6 ·
I just raised my low beams a bit. I'll have to check them after dark to see if they need to be adjusted back down any. Plus, using a long phillips head screw driver, I was able to do it without removing the covers. Thanks again for you advice and work.

#12 ·
Sorry bring this back to life lol... Would anyone know if adjusting the low beams possibly straighten the beam after an HID installation? My old cheap HID kit produced a straight beam only because one of the 3 clips that hold the bulb in broke lol... This is the beam produced by the broken bulb which I posted before...

#13 · (Edited)
I adjusted my low beams up a little bit last night (Thanks for the pics CCT). Mine do not have a philips head. Mine have a 10mm hex head adjuster screw. I was able to get to my adjuster screws without removing the cover.

The tools I used included a ratchet wrench, 6 inch extension, 3 inch extension, universal joint and 10mm socket. before adjusting mine I marked my starting point with a sharpie. Good thing that I did... because the first time I adjusted them (during the day) I adjusted them 3/4 of a turn down. Not knowing which way (clockwise or counter clockwise) I should be turning to go up I actually adjusted them down by accident. FYI. Since access is a little bit difficult, if you are considering adjusting your low beams, turning the adjuster counter clockwise will bring them up. Turning clockwise will point them down. I ended up adjusting mine 3/4 of a turn counter clockwise and am very happy with the result. I can now see further without needing the high beams.

#15 ·
Many thanks, Montauk, and apologies for coming back on this old thread. Your suggestion of a 10mm socket etc., was very helpful. My headlights DRLs actually, were so far out of wack, d-side was looking for low flying aircraft, and the p- side was trawling the ditch looking for roadkill. The screwdriver in the slot would have taken forever to bring them back into reasonable condition. Now to get some HID lights installed..
Many thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.