Adjust Low-beam Headlights? - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
melchor1106

Default Adjust Low-beam Headlights?

Does anyone here know how to adjust the low=beam headlights on the crosstour? I want mine up just a bit more...

2010 Honda Crosstour EX-L 4WD, White with Black Leather.

2004 Honda Accord EX-L v6, Gray with Gray Leather.

2003 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc, Candy Orange with Pearl Orange Ghost Flames.

1995 Ford F-150 4x4 Eddie Bauer Edition, Blue over Tan with Tan Cloth. (351cu v8)
melchor1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
CCT
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melchor1106 View Post
Does anyone here know how to adjust the low=beam headlights on the crosstour? I want mine up just a bit more...
Had to use a small quartz pinlight to see them but the adjusters in the holes have a slot for a slotted screwdriver. (about 1.5 inches down)
If you slide the screwdriver straight down and 'feel' with the end, you'll find the slot .. follow the directions for adjustment.

Mine need adjusting up a bit too but I'll wait for my HID install to do so.

C.

Tango EX-L 4WD Black int.-sold
Taurus SHO - Red Candy - Livernois tune and Intake.
----------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
CCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
CCT
Premium Member

I've solved the mystery of the so called headlight adjuster holes.....the ones with the adjustment diagrams and directions on, and those don't access the adjusters at all.
I've taken pics of the actual adjusters which are in plain view after the plastic covers are removed (see pics).
Each adjuster has three pics showing it and its location on the Driver's side and Passenger side and can be seen with a little contortion past the battery on D's side and past the power steering reservoir on the P's side.
Once you find these adjusters it's just a matter of using the proper sized screwdriver to rotate the adjuster wheels which are about the size of a silver dollar and have teeth.

See pics. The D's side is easy to see, but the P's side is not so easy -- use a small light to illuminate the area.

Driver's side Adjuster:

Driver's side Adjuster:

Driver's side overview:

Passenger side Adjuster:

Passenger side adjuster (can't see but it's the correct view)

Passenger side overview:

..........and finally a pic of all the plastic covers removed....The white hexagonals show the position of the 2 clips that are slightly different from the rest.

C.

----------

|
|

Old 08-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
melchor1106

Thank you so much.

1995 Ford F-150 4x4 Eddie Bauer Edition, Blue over Tan with Tan Cloth. (351cu v8)
Old 08-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
CCT
Premium Member

Quote:
Thank you so much.
No problem, glad to help.
C.

----------

|
|
Old 08-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #6
melchor1106

I just raised my low beams a bit. I'll have to check them after dark to see if they need to be adjusted back down any. Plus, using a long phillips head screw driver, I was able to do it without removing the covers. Thanks again for you advice and work.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #7
CCT
Premium Member

Quote:
I just raised my low beams a bit. I'll have to check them after dark to see if they need to be adjusted back down any. Plus, using a long phillips head screw driver, I was able to do it without removing the covers. Thanks again for you advice and work.
No worries, M., I also adjusted mine and moved each adjuster about half a turn. I too will have to check if it's too much or not.

Cheers
C.

----------

|
|
Old 08-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #8
melchor1106

Quote:
And as far as I can tell, they are now perfect. They are up a bit from where they were, but not so high as to be blinding to other cars. However, if I start getting "flashes" from other drivers, I'll adjust them down a 1/4 turn.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:35 AM   #9
CCT
Premium Member

Quote:
And as far as I can tell, they are now perfect. They are up a bit from where they were, but not so high as to be blinding to other cars. However, if I start getting "flashes" from other drivers, I'll adjust them down a 1/4 turn.
Melchor, what was your initial adjustment? I'm trying to gauge my half turn adjustment with yours that appears to be slightly high.

Cheers,
C.

----------

|
|
Old 08-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
melchor1106

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCT View Post
Melchor, what was your initial adjustment? I'm trying to gauge my half turn adjustment with yours that appears to be slightly high.

Cheers,
C.
I did a full turn up at first. Then I sat down in a lawn chair about 20 feet in front of it. It seemed too bright. So I went down a 1/4 turn. That seemed to do it. However, my initial setting and you initial setting may be different. We may have started from differnt places....

-fred

Old 08-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #11
CCT
Premium Member

Quote:
I did a full turn up at first. Then I sat down in a lawn chair about 20 feet in front of it. It seemed too bright. So I went down a 1/4 turn. That seemed to do it. However, my initial setting and you initial setting may be different. We may have started from differnt places....

-fred

Agreed that the initial settings may have been different, and may have even been changed or knocked, but I'm assuming that they are set the same at the factory and keep their settings and we both were thinking that the initial setting was too low.

It's the only quick reference we have to go by.
So you went a complete turn; I went half, and you ended up in between at 3/4.
Sounds like my half turn would be a good start for me and possibly going another 1/4 to finish...

I may have to readjust once my HID's are in this coming week, I'll see.

Thanks, that's a big help, Fred
Colin.

----------

|
|
Old 12-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #12
pgarci01

Sorry bring this back to life lol... Would anyone know if adjusting the low beams possibly straighten the beam after an HID installation? My old cheap HID kit produced a straight beam only because one of the 3 clips that hold the bulb in broke lol... This is the beam produced by the broken bulb which I posted before...

Current Mods:
[XenonDepot Xtreme 4300K HID Low Beams w/ Phillips Bulbs] [XenonDepot Xtreme 4300K Fog Lights] [35% Front Window Tint] [Interior Wood Trim Kit] [White LED Interior Upgrade] [White 24 LED Reverse Lights] [Blackout Front Grille] [De-badged] [Muffler Blackout] [Viper Alarm System w/ Remote Start]

pgarci01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #13
Montauk17

I adjusted my low beams up a little bit last night (Thanks for the pics CCT). Mine do not have a philips head. Mine have a 10mm hex head adjuster screw. I was able to get to my adjuster screws without removing the cover.

The tools I used included a ratchet wrench, 6 inch extension, 3 inch extension, universal joint and 10mm socket. before adjusting mine I marked my starting point with a sharpie. Good thing that I did... because the first time I adjusted them (during the day) I adjusted them 3/4 of a turn down. Not knowing which way (clockwise or counter clockwise) I should be turning to go up I actually adjusted them down by accident. FYI. Since access is a little bit difficult, if you are considering adjusting your low beams, turning the adjuster counter clockwise will bring them up. Turning clockwise will point them down. I ended up adjusting mine 3/4 of a turn counter clockwise and am very happy with the result. I can now see further without needing the high beams.

Last edited by Montauk17; 01-02-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Montauk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 04:40 PM   #14
CanadaCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCT View Post
Had to use a small quartz pinlight to see them but the adjusters in the holes have a slot for a slotted screwdriver. (about 1.5 inches down)
If you slide the screwdriver straight down and 'feel' with the end, you'll find the slot .. follow the directions for adjustment.

Mine need adjusting up a bit too but I'll wait for my HID install to do so.

C.
Yes - it's an old thread, but many thanks regardless. Very helpful.
Many 4Runners -gone
CanadaCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 04:02 PM   #15
CanadaCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
I adjusted my low beams up a little bit last night (Thanks for the pics CCT). Mine do not have a philips head. Mine have a 10mm hex head adjuster screw. I was able to get to my adjuster screws without removing the cover.

The tools I used included a ratchet wrench, 6 inch extension, 3 inch extension, universal joint and 10mm socket. before adjusting mine I marked my starting point with a sharpie. Good thing that I did... because the first time I adjusted them (during the day) I adjusted them 3/4 of a turn down. Not knowing which way (clockwise or counter clockwise) I should be turning to go up I actually adjusted them down by accident. FYI. Since access is a little bit difficult, if you are considering adjusting your low beams, turning the adjuster counter clockwise will bring them up. Turning clockwise will point them down. I ended up adjusting mine 3/4 of a turn counter clockwise and am very happy with the result. I can now see further without needing the high beams.
Many thanks, Montauk, and apologies for coming back on this old thread. Your suggestion of a 10mm socket etc., was very helpful. My headlights DRLs actually, were so far out of wack, d-side was looking for low flying aircraft, and the p- side was trawling the ditch looking for roadkill. The screwdriver in the slot would have taken forever to bring them back into reasonable condition. Now to get some HID lights installed..
Many thanks.
Many 4Runners -gone
CanadaCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement