How To: Replace Your Headlights
First of all, this is for the 2014 Model, I am not sure if this is exactly the same for the 2010-12 Model (It'd be great if someone can confirm).
Being that YouTube is of no help in this matter, I decided to make my own Video.
I got some help from others here on this forum to help make sense of the manual and overcome several obstacles.
Low Beams / Fog Lamps:
Bulb Used: H11 (Sylvania Silverstar ZXE)
1) Read the Manual.
2) Turn the wheel to the opposite side of the one you want to work on.
3) Remove more screws / clips than the manual suggests to get better access to the lights
4) If you're just doing the fog lamps, you might want to try going through the bottom (see video).
If you've never done this before, look up other YouTube videos to get the general theory of it, and then look at mine for Crosstour specifics.
Bulb Used: H3B/9005 (Sylvania Silverstar ZXE)
1) Open Hood
2) Remove Intake Cover (In front of the battery, see Video)
3) Remove Intake Rubber Tube (below the cover)
4) Disconnect Cable
5) Twist and remove the bulb
6) Install new bulb (twist it into place first)
7) Connect Cable to bulb
8) Put back intake parts
Note: If you've got big arms / hands, reaching in from the air intake area can be a problem...
I have very slim hands and I had plenty of trouble with it
1) Open Hood
2) Remove Radiator Coolant Reservoir (optional: this gives easier access and grip)
3) Disconnect Cable
4) Twist and remove the bulb
5) Install new bulb (twist it into place first)
6) Connect Cable to bulb
1 x Phillips Screwdriver
1 x Flathead Screwdriver
1 x Pliers (if your clips get stubborn)
Pair of Latex Gloves
First time: 2-3 Hours
Next time: 45 mins - 1 Hour
- Do this when the engine is cool (and OFF)
- Do this with the parking break ON (especially if you want to get the fog lights from below)
- Don't be afraid to pull at the plastic covers a the wheels, they're pretty tough
- The plastic clips in the wheel section can be very annoying... I had to use a pair of pliers to remove some of them...
- You do not have to jack the car up (jacking the car up does not turn the wheel more to give you more room... it may only help if going for Fog Lamps from the bottom)