2013 EX-L Speaker Upgrade and Subwoofer Install - Page 2 - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > In Car Tech Gear

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #16
txcrosstour

Great post! I just joined the forum... had a 2010 Insight that I upgraded all the speakers and added a sub... traded that in...now I have a 2013 EX-L i4...

What gauge of speaker wire is in the Crosstour? I'm planning on t-taps off the sub like this awesome post... I would guess 18GA ??

thanks!
txcrosstour is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2017, 11:36 PM   #17
kangi26

Time to resurrect this thread
I just picked up my new toy, a 2013 CT EX-L w/nav. And there really are some not so great things about the audio/nav system in the vehicle. I agree that the mid in the stock system leaves a LOT to be desired. While doing the software mod I found on youtube "seemed" to help a little bit. It doesnt really address some of the down side to the electronics package as a whole.
I'm really looking into a speaker change and even a sub install. I currently have a Focal 13" that I may look into a possible custom enclosure in the rear left or right side. But the ones you have installed look great and I might make the quick swap (And reasonably cheap too)
My bigger disappointment is the complete lack of Android support. I'll be doing some research on system change out when the $$ starts to flow again
kangi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:37 PM   #18
jviss

My 2013 has a subwoofer. Does yours not?

Also, I am confused by your statement, "complete lack of Android support." I have a 2013 CT and an Android phone, and it connects via Bluetooth, the phone features work, the music streaming via Bluetooth works, text messages work.

What Android support is lacking?
jviss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #19
kangi26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jviss View Post
My 2013 has a subwoofer. Does yours not?

Also, I am confused by your statement, "complete lack of Android support." I have a 2013 CT and an Android phone, and it connects via Bluetooth, the phone features work, the music streaming via Bluetooth works, text messages work.

What Android support is lacking?
Yes I do have a factory sub. And oddly the sound itself isn't TOO bad, not the greatest, but decent enough. (I might look at replacing the speakers at some point)
I am totally able to use the bluetooth functionality with my android, phone, stream audio etc. I'm more frustrated at the lack of support for Android Auto (Connecting the phone to the USB and getting the "unsupported" display).

I think the more I've been playing with the system and understanding where some of the limitations are, I think I'm a bit surprised at, what appears to be, a lack attention/importance Honda had for the electronics system in general. I did however, just pick up a 128gb usb drive yesterday and loaded a CRAP ton of music on it. Now I need to figure out how to arrange the folders a little better, scrolling thru all 500+/- folders is horribly painful......
All that being said, I have to make sure I'm not placing 2017 tech expectations on a car made in 2013
kangi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement