TOWING: Honda OEM Vs. Uhaul - Page 2 - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour How-To

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #16
bek

Default Where have others run the wiring?

Also, I'm curious where others have run the trailer hitch wiring. Through the trunk and hanging out the back, or is there a way to get it out and under the car? Thanks.
bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #17
J. Peterman

bek, If you read my posts in this thread, you'll see that I received three hitches and all three had problems. The last one (that is presently on the car) was the best of the three but it wasn't manufactured correctly. Curt Hitches and I were emailing until I sent them pictures that proved that the hitch was not manufactured correctly and then they suddenly stopped corresponding so I complained to Amazon and the third hitch was sent. Without Amazon, I would have had to pay someone to attempt to correct the problems on the first two hitches and it would have destroyed the powder coated finish.
*As to your question re. the wiring, I have a 2013 and the wiring comes out on the right rear quarter panel through a removable rubber plug that is replaced with a rubber grommet with a hole for the wires. Then, I wire tied it to the hitch supports and ran it directly next to receiver tube. I've read where the 2010-2012 models had the wiring on the opposite (left side). If the earlier models are otherwise identical, there will be a removable plug that will be visible once you've removed all of the panels that are required to install the wiring. It's not difficult but it will take a full hour of your time to take apart, install the loom and reassemble the panels.
J. Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:20 PM   #18
sxlova07

I know I'm bumping an old thread. However my question is relevant: where are people getting the honda factory wiring harness from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sxlova07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2016, 12:52 PM   #19
J. Peterman

I bought mine from a Honda dealer in 2013:
08L91-P6-100A HARNESS, TRAILER HITCH $105.11
Old 04-08-2016, 11:17 PM   #20
Jagermiker

Does the Honda harness use a flat 4 pin connector?
Jagermiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:24 AM   #21
J. Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermiker View Post
Does the Honda harness use a flat 4 pin connector?
Yes, it terminates to a common, flat, 4 pin connector. Unfortunately, it's not a quick job to install due to removing the rear seats & backs and lowering the exhaust but it's not difficult; just time consuming. I got both of my adult sons to help (all of us are very mechanically minded) and it took the better part of 1 1/2 hours. If someone installed these on a regular basis (on the same model of car), it could probably be completed in around 45-50 minutes.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:17 AM   #22
sxlova07

I got the hitch and wiring kit installed this past spring and I'm more than happy with the results. Ended up using the CT over my wife's rdx when trailering my bikes just because of the mpg, storage, and ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sxlova07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:52 PM   #23
jviss

I need a hitch, too; 2013 CT. I kind of like the Torklift hitch. Looking at the OEM trailer wiring harness instructions, it seems a bit nightmare-ish to install. Is a 'generic' wiring harness any easier? Do both really require so much disassembly?

Instructions are here: https://www.hondapartsnow.com/installation/AII50457.pdf

Thanks,

jv
jviss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:47 PM   #24
mana_80611

I also just purchased the Torklift 2" hitch. It is more pricier than the U-Haul or Curt, but I want the 2" hitch. Look great. very easy to install. Took me about an hour to install. The only change I would recommend is changing the bolts that come with it to a Grade 10 bolt. Other then that, I love this hitch.
mana_80611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:36 PM   #25
jviss

Great, thanks for the report! I like what I see about the Torklift, too.

What did you do about the wiring?

Thanks,

jv
jviss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:53 AM   #26
CanadaCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jviss View Post
I need a hitch, too; 2013 CT. I kind of like the Torklift hitch. Looking at the OEM trailer wiring harness instructions, it seems a bit nightmare-ish to install. Is a 'generic' wiring harness any easier? Do both really require so much disassembly?

Instructions are here: https://www.hondapartsnow.com/installation/AII50457.pdf

Thanks,

jv
Great stuff. Thanks. I had a Hidden Hitch installed but could not get a 2" receiver. I think it sticks out too far, but it is what it is !
Many 4Runners -gone
CanadaCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement