19" TSW Chicane Rims +40 Offset, Any Issues? - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Wheels, Tires & Suspension

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-20-2017, 03:37 PM   #1
leew102

Default 19" TSW Chicane Rims +40 Offset, Any Issues?

I just ordered a set of 19" TSW Chicane Rims with a +40 Offset. I plan to put 245/50/19 tires on them.

My question to you guys who have experience with aftermarket wheels on a Crosstour, do you think there is going to be any issue with fitment and how far they are going to stick out past the fenders?

I will post pictures once I have the wheels installed, likely early March when I take my dedicated snow tires off.

link to a picture of the rims: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/02...g?v=1415652588
leew102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2017, 06:15 PM   #2
leew102

i should also add that they are 8.5" widths.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:41 AM   #3
GL84

You can look up my old TSW Nurburgring posts, I have the 20" but I believe they fit the same for the 8.5"... Basically, the rear is now more flush to the body than OEM, but the front protrudes a bit from the body... particularly when you have a stiff side wall tire that really shows (245/45R20)... I've gotten over this... but the next set I buy will probably be 19" rims and 245/50R19 for the added comfort.
CSS Custom Springs +20% Spring Rate | PB-Brakes BBK F 380mm 8Pot / R 356mm 6Pot | 20mm Rear Swaybar from Acura TL
20" TSW Nurburgring (Gunmetal) Wheels | 245/45ZR20 Continental Extremecontact DSW Tires
GL84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2017, 07:09 PM   #4
Discount Tire

GL84 is right, this purposed fitment is going to poke approximately 1/2-inch outside of the fender, so you may have some rubbing.

If you're not 100% set on these wheels, you may try going less aggressive with say a wheel that is 8-inches wide and has an offset +40mm or higher.

Shop Wheels by Vehicle | Discount Tire Direct

Shoot us a PM if we can be of any assistance

To Your Door:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Useful Links:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Discount Tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:27 PM   #5
leew102

Thanks for your replies.

GL84 - Do you experience any wheel rub? I think your set up has a slightly bigger circumference than stock. The set up I am looking at should be very near identical to stock circumference.

I have already placed the order for the rims so I'll just have to wait and see.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:24 PM   #6
GL84

With 245/45R20 (virtually the same as 245/50R19) you will not have any rubbing or turning issues with stock suspension.

I did get fender rub (and thus inadvertently rolled my fenders) when I tried a Coilover with custom softer springs (and then hit a dip in the road).

With stock suspension, I feel like you'd have to be max weight and hit a +3 inch dip in the road with speed in order to experience the same kind of rub... so I wouldn't worry about it for normal circumstances... also to note, I've not had any issues with a 1,000 mile road trip with roughly 650-700 pounds in the car weighting it down (but this affects the rear more than front).

If you do lower using KSport Coilovers (or similar) do NOT go below 16KG/mm (and even that is cutting it close, and you'll likely hit the bump stop now and then... since all the Aftermarket Coils are made for the Accord (500lbs less without passengers and gear), you're going to want to have stiffer custom spring options even if you go coils.

I gave up on Coilovers and went with custom springs since then... I have +20% Front and Back without lowering the car very much (maybe 1/4 inch), and it corners very well.

I don't know what you're going for, but I would recommend +15% Front spring rate, and +20% Rear Spring Rate. for a moderately aggressive ride.
CSS Custom Springs +20% Spring Rate | PB-Brakes BBK F 380mm 8Pot / R 356mm 6Pot | 20mm Rear Swaybar from Acura TL
20" TSW Nurburgring (Gunmetal) Wheels | 245/45ZR20 Continental Extremecontact DSW Tires
Old 02-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #7
sittinguy

pictures March!? TEASER! At least roll the rim next to the car, and give us a pic.
sittinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:46 PM   #8
leew102

GL84 - Thanks for the super informative reply. I do plan on doing some sort of suspension modification in the future, maybe an air system, but will most likely not happen until I have another car in my garage allowing me to do all these tweaks. Did your wheels come with hub rings? I ordered my wheels from AutoAnything, who don't carry hub rings and customer support told me I would have to buy my own from somewhere else. The update I got for the order processing was that the wheels were on order from the manufacturer and would ship via FedEx, so I imagine TSW will be shipping them. TSW's site claims their wheels come hub centric based on your car and there are varying experiences online on whether or not the wheels come hub centric.

sittinguy - I will definitely post pictures as soon as I can. I just ordered the wheels a couple days ago and likely will be putting them on shortly after. I'm hoping the matte gunmetal goes well with my car. I have a 2013 in Polished Grey.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:06 PM   #9
Discount Tire

Quote:
Originally Posted by leew102 View Post
GL84 - Thanks for the super informative reply. I do plan on doing some sort of suspension modification in the future, maybe an air system, but will most likely not happen until I have another car in my garage allowing me to do all these tweaks. Did your wheels come with hub rings? I ordered my wheels from AutoAnything, who don't carry hub rings and customer support told me I would have to buy my own from somewhere else. The update I got for the order processing was that the wheels were on order from the manufacturer and would ship via FedEx, so I imagine TSW will be shipping them. TSW's site claims their wheels come hub centric based on your car and there are varying experiences online on whether or not the wheels come hub centric.

sittinguy - I will definitely post pictures as soon as I can. I just ordered the wheels a couple days ago and likely will be putting them on shortly after. I'm hoping the matte gunmetal goes well with my car. I have a 2013 in Polished Grey.
Your wheels have a 76.10 center bore diameter, so hub centric rings will be needed, 76.10-64.1 to be exact. As far as I know, TSW does not include hub centric rings with their wheels. If you need a set, let me know by PM and I'll take care of you.

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

Old 02-22-2017, 08:33 PM   #10
leew102

Message sent. Thanks for the help!
Old 02-23-2017, 10:26 AM   #11
Discount Tire

Quote:
Message sent. Thanks for the help!
PM coming your way

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

Old 02-23-2017, 04:28 PM   #12
GL84

No, I E-Bay bought multiple sets of Hub Centering rings... (the plastic ones, not the metal ones, and they work fine). I keep a set of rings handy in the trunk of car if ever the wheel guys or mechanics break one when taking a wheel off.

Quote:

Old 03-09-2017, 10:11 PM   #13
leew102

Here is a quick photo of my new wheels. Cars not the cleanest but will definitely post more when I can take better photos.

Thank you all for your help and shout out to Direct Tire for hooking me up with proper Hub Rings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	7257  
Old 03-10-2017, 09:25 AM   #14
GL84

Awesome, can you get me a straight on side shot of front and rear? I'd like to check the side wall ratio and gap!
Old 03-10-2017, 01:01 PM   #15
Discount Tire

Quote:
Here is a quick photo of my new wheels. Cars not the cleanest but will definitely post more when I can take better photos.

Thank you all for your help and shout out to Direct Tire for hooking me up with proper Hub Rings.
Thank you for the shout out. Your car looks Great.

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement