2015 vs. 2013 CT - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #1
WomanDriver

Default 2015 vs. 2013 CT

So I found a 2015 CT EXL with $14,000 miles and clean carfax from a dealer. I drove it with intention of buying to replace my 2013 CT EXL with lease expiring next month. The 2015 one was spotless inside and outside. But when I drove it on highway and side roads (smooth and rougher roads), it had a very rough ride...small vibration in the front end. I've had same with condition with my 2013 in year 3 of the lease (but worse), and dealer said it was my unevenly worn Michelins. I LOVE CT but don't want to buy this newer one and have to replace the tires! Could there be something else happening here? Could the 2015 be that much stiffer and rougher than the 2013? Hoping this smart crowd here can offer some insights. Thanks so much for all the great advice!!!!
WomanDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2016, 06:13 PM   #2
JOsworth

No difference between the 13 and 15. Do not take delivery of any vehicle that does not perform to your standards. Tell the dealer it vibrates and make them fix it. Tell them you will stop by and test drive it again once they fix it. Don't fall for the "just sign here and we will fix it" ploy.

Modern cars are very finicky when it comes to balance issues. So, they need to make sure a car with only 14k miles rides like a brand new car.... if not... move on...

Remember, discontinued or not, the Crosstour has a very limited appeal. It is not like they have customers lined up to buy one. They may say they do, but they don't.....

Jeff

2010 Honda Crosstour EX-L AWD
2015 Nissan Altima 2.5S
1985 Dodge 600ES Turbo Convertible (41k and holding)
JOsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:32 PM   #3
Merlin

Just have the wheels balanced. Should fix it.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2017, 10:02 AM   #4
leew102

I was never a huge fan of the stock Michelins.

I always thought there was a rough ride on them. Could just be the tires.
leew102 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement