Folding Keyfob - Page 2 - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #16
pgarci01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaque View Post
Just wanted to chime in here...

I've been checking FCC IDs and doing a lot of research...

The '09, '10 Acura TSX flip has the same transponder as our Crosstour remotes.

It has a trunk release button, but a replacement faceplate from the RDX remote will fix that.

It's a $$ solution, but it would mean a genuine Honda/Acura OEM part. (I've ordered the Ebay solution pictured in this thread, and I'm staring at it wondering if I want to take my chances)

TSX Flip
Part # 35113-TL0-A00
(That is for Driver 1, For Driver 2 replace the last bit with "A10")

It's $177 from the Honda eStore, but I've found it for $100 if you shop around online.

RDX Faceplate replacement
Part # 35118-STK-A01

That will run about $12

You would have to get it cut and programmed at the dealer, and I've heard quotes for this anywhere between $35-$90.

If I decide to pull the trigger and go for this (which I'm sure I will eventually... I may wait for pay day) I'll keep everyone updated.

Here is a picture of the Acura Flip Key (right) I'm hotlinking to from another forum. It should give you an idea of what it's like:

Is this a good deal? Looks like he does everything for you for 124. I sent him an email.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-08-ACURA-TL-SWITCHBLADE-KEY-02-06-ACURA-RSX-/130324344771?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item1e57efafc3

Current Mods:
[XenonDepot Xtreme 4300K HID Low Beams w/ Phillips Bulbs] [XenonDepot Xtreme 4300K Fog Lights] [35% Front Window Tint] [Interior Wood Trim Kit] [White LED Interior Upgrade] [White 24 LED Reverse Lights] [Blackout Front Grille] [De-badged] [Muffler Blackout] [Viper Alarm System w/ Remote Start]

Last edited by pgarci01; 10-26-2010 at 12:44 PM.
pgarci01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2010, 04:38 PM   #17
K3RMiTdot

i think thats a bit costly. i think theres cheaper ones

Follow me on Instagram- k3rrmit
K3RMiTdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:08 AM   #18
Xaque

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgarci01 View Post
That key WILL NOT work with our Crosstours.

You need one from the 09-10 model year. (Because of the way the key is cut. Look at the picture of the ones I posted)

Once you purchase it, it will have to be cut (have the grooves cut in it to match your current keys) and it will have to be programmed.

In programming, there are 2 aspects:

1) The buttons need to be programmed to the car. This is something, through a sequence of key and lock button manipulations, should be able to be done by the end user.

2) There is a transponder in the key that prevents the car being started by an "unauthorized" key. The proper way to program this is the dealer must change the car computer to recognize the new key. The improper way around this is to crack open the valet key, remove the transponder chip, and place it in the new key.

As far as price, the blank Acura key is going to run about $120 all said at done. (I spoke to a parts guy at an acura dealer that would sell it to me for that... negotiated down from his MSRP price).

Then, to get it cut, and programmed for the car at the Honda dealer is going to run anywhere between $35-$90 depending on where and the mood of the tech. (This is what I've been hearing on line, I don't know this first hand.)

I just ordered an Acura key, and I'll keep everyone posted as to my success or failure, and the prices I've paid.

-Zack
Xaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:52 AM   #19
pgarci01

All right cool... the seller didn't even respond to my email lol. keep me updated cause that key is awesome and would love to swap it... if the price is reasonable tho...

Current Mods:
[XenonDepot Xtreme 4300K HID Low Beams w/ Phillips Bulbs] [XenonDepot Xtreme 4300K Fog Lights] [35% Front Window Tint] [Interior Wood Trim Kit] [White LED Interior Upgrade] [White 24 LED Reverse Lights] [Blackout Front Grille] [De-badged] [Muffler Blackout] [Viper Alarm System w/ Remote Start]

pgarci01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #20
WeirdG

Thanks for the post OP. I bought the shell off eBay for $13 shipped, and got one of the local dealerships to cut it. There's one dealership just outside of my city that doesn't charge anything to cut keys. They only charge money if the transponder needs to be programmed.

Going to finished putting the module from my OEM key into the shell tonight when I get home from work.

WG
WeirdG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #21
apinect

this is pretty sweet ! will this one work ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flip-Folding...43a175&vxp=mtr

Last edited by apinect; 02-25-2013 at 06:48 PM.
apinect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #22
L8Apex

What is the advantage of doing this?
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:55 AM   #23
dtexan

Default Folding Keyfob

I would imagine a different profile in your pocket as well as a coolness aspect.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
dtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:53 AM   #24
Xaque

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
What is the advantage of doing this?
Mainly personal preference.

Here is my write-up for using the OEM Flip Acura key:

(The trunk button even works)

http://www.crosstourownersclub.com/f...read.php?t=503

Last edited by Xaque; 02-26-2013 at 01:57 AM.
Xaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement