Windshield wipers - Page 2 - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #16
Xaque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberwilhelm View Post
I actually have a beef with the wipers. Not the blades themselves, but the arms. The driver side arm doesn't put enough downward pressure and once I get over 65-70 it doesn't clean for crap. Has anyone else come across this? I was contemplating just bending the arm a little but haven't tried it yet.
I can safely say that I do not have the same problem you describe, in fact I have been quite happy with their effectiveness at highway speeds. (I had an impala who's wipers would start to lift up at speeds above 60mph)
Xaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #17
vintageflyer

Default CT Wipers in a heavy rain

My dealer checked out the wipers on my 2011 CT because I can hardly drive the car in a heavy rain. It's not that the wipers don't weep the water away, its that the passenger wiper throws all of its water in front of the driver and by the time the arm swings back the rain has obliterated the vision once again. There seems to never be a clear moment - fast, slow.. In a hard rain what do my fellow CT drivers find? We've not purchased a second CT because of this issue. Wonderful car otherwise.
vintageflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #18
Xaque

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageflyer View Post
My dealer checked out the wipers on my 2011 CT because I can hardly drive the car in a heavy rain. It's not that the wipers don't weep the water away, its that the passenger wiper throws all of its water in front of the driver and by the time the arm swings back the rain has obliterated the vision once again. There seems to never be a clear moment - fast, slow.. In a hard rain what do my fellow CT drivers find? We've not purchased a second CT because of this issue. Wonderful car otherwise.
I have never experienced this problem at all.

Not sure what's different.

Have you tried an aftermarket blade? I switched over to the RainX single element curved ones...

(That said, I don't recall having your problem even with the OEM blades.)
Old 02-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #19
dtexan

Default Windshield wipers

So I tried some Goodyear blades from Costco and they were horrible. One of them flew off when I was driving down the highway. There is a little plastic piece on the factory arm that has broken off of both sides.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
dtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #20
Xaque

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtexan View Post
So I tried some Goodyear blades from Costco and they were horrible. One of them flew off when I was driving down the highway. There is a little plastic piece on the factory arm that has broken off of both sides.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The factory arm should just be a metal hook/loop. No plastic piece.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #21
dtexan

it has a plastic piece that outlines the arm.
dtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #22
Xaque

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtexan View Post
it has a plastic piece that outlines the arm.
Ah got it.

(I was thinking just the attachment point.)
Old 02-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #23
ArtH

Location: On a hill overlooking the Grays River Valley and Columbia River in SW Washington State

Re: Rainex; would NEVER use this product as it is in fact a film; it has to be. But as a film, it causes that inevitable, momentary fog each time the wiper crosses over the glass; it's highest and best use is for boat windshields without wipers. I agree with the poster who likes it that you don't need to use the wipers as often, but when you do, the resulting smear-look with each swipe is just too distracting, especially at night. Plus it's terrible to try to remove Rainex if you try. Nothing seems to work other than a razor blade.
ArtH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #24
L8Apex

I use Rainex on all of my vehicles and don't find it objectionable at all.

As a matter of fact, I recommend to all of my performance driving students that they use it on their windshields to assist in removing track rubber and grime between driving sessions. I even bring the large bottle of it to the race track so that we can apply it to their windshields there if necessary. I also bring a roll of wide painter's tape to cover their headlight lenses.
L8Apex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #25
durment

I use rain x on all my windows and all my cars that stuff is awesome,been using the blades as well been having great results with them.I get them at Costco.Even on the fairly flat reaer window on the Ct the stuff just slides off.It helps as I tinted over the factory tint
durment is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement