Spoiler/rear crossmember interference damaging paint? - Page 12 - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:49 PM   #166
pizzle

Cool Mine too

Checked mine, same problem confirmed. I will take it to the dealer to document. Perhaps if enough of us document tis issue Honda will address it with some sort of recall or fix.
pizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #167
DraEagWol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraEagWol View Post
Well the dealer did just that... put a dab of touch up paint on each corner.. said they "adjusted" the spoiler... and that's it... I guess we'll see in a few weeks / months how well it holds up.

Well almost ten months later and I've got a pair of spots rubbed off again. I'll have to go back through all the hastle and hopefully this time they will listen to me and put some spacer's / shim's on the spoiler to prevent it from happening again.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #168
Aceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo38 View Post
Honda definitely knows about this spoiler interference problem, because they have recently redesigned the bottom edge of the spoiler.
The inside edge of the lower lip has been undercut such that it does not so heavily interfere with the cross member below it.
The earlier 2012 models had the old design, but the brand new 2012 models do have this redesigned spoiler.
I saw it on a brand new one yesterday at Germain Honda in Naples, FL.
It would be nice if we could get good high quality photos of old spoiler and new spoiler side by side. . .I've been looking on the web at 2011 and 2012 models and I can't identify a difference that I'm sure someone more familiar with this problem easily could.
Aceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:52 AM   #169
JubileeJack

i had this addressed last winter and after they repainted the affected area, my Honda 's bodyshop has put in some raisin to prevent it from re-occuring.
JubileeJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #170
tsigos

I just took my 2012 Pearl White into the dealership to have them repaint the area at the front of the taillights where the paint was missing. They are going to re-paint the entire rear area under warranty. I hope it will resolve the issue.
tsigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #171
Pearson303

Default no issues on my 2010 CT

Sorry about your problem. I think an easy fix after the paint is repaired would be to stuff some sort of a shim between the two surfaces (out of rubber, felt or silicon). Be creative... some sort of surface protector with adhesive on one side.
Pearson303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:05 AM   #172
WeirdG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubileeJack View Post
i had this addressed last winter and after they repainted the affected area, my Honda 's bodyshop has put in some raisin to prevent it from re-occuring.
Did the raisins work? lol... j/k

Just checked my 2012 CT, and I didn't get the new spoiler some of the late 2012 models received but I also haven't run into the problem yet. I thinking of putting something between the spoiler and the panel to prevent it from happening. Even though my CT is under warranty, I don't want to deal with getting the paint re-done. Maybe install something like this:

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/clos...er-tape/947895

I've noticed Honda tends to skirt many problems with there vehicles, and only choose to address the ones that prove to be a hazardous to driving. My 2005 Acura TSX had a door actuator problem hundreds of other owners had, and there was never a recall. That's prolly how Honda is able to tell it's customers they have the fewest recalls of any manufacturer.

WG

Last edited by WeirdG; 01-25-2013 at 01:23 AM.
WeirdG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #173
LoveOurCrosstour

Default Simplest solution since purchased June 2010 ....

try closing the hatch gently instead of heaving it shut like it's an American SUV whale. My wife and I bring it down to within five inches of closing and let it drop into place with no impact. Has worked for 2 1/2 years ... figured it out in the first week. No brainer.
LoveOurCrosstour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #174
Ronn L

Was this an issue with just the 2010 ? Does anyone have 2011 - 2013 with this problem...just wondering if it was resolved
Ronn L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #175
Ronn L

you have a 2013 doing this ? I thought the problem was resolved from 2010 which most of these post have been
Old 02-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #176
Ronn L

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnyrx View Post
I noticed it this week on my CT, and stopped by the dealer. They offered to touch it up, but I question the value of that at this point. They were genuinely interested in finding a fix. They offered to have the regional rep see it next time he comes through. Maybe we'll have a fix yet!
You have a 2013 doing this ? I thought the problem was resolved with a different sized spoiler so it won't rub ?
Old 03-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #177
ellinj

I am starting to notice this problem on my 2012
ellinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:21 AM   #178
1Honda

Anyone w/ a 2013 notice this going on?
1Honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #179
Brett K

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsigos View Post
I just took my 2012 Pearl White into the dealership to have them repaint the area at the front of the taillights where the paint was missing. They are going to re-paint the entire rear area under warranty. I hope it will resolve the issue.
I have the exact same issue with my 2012 pearl white...the front of the rear tail lights. The lift panel and tight tolerances don't mix we'll when things flex.
Brett K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #180
apowell63

Default Spoiler/Rear Paint Damage

So, I just walked out to my 2013 Crosstour which I have had since January 2013 and no paint damage what so ever.
apowell63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement