Cargo Privacy Cover - Page 6 - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:58 PM   #76
WeirdG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtH View Post
Just bought a certified 2011 AWD with 15k miles. Dealer was exceptionally deceptive IMO. When I asked where the cargo cover was, he said Honda never included it since the beginning of time, but that it was an accessory. I asked him to point out the accessory in the Crosstour Accessory booklet, and of course it wasn't listed, after which they hemmed and hawed not knowing what to say, other than the new 2012 in the showroom doesn't have one. I asked why the slots for such a device were still clearly shown, and that cars from 1977 or so had a cargo cover included in virtually every non-basic hatchback known to man, they had no answer. It got worse. When we made it to the "finance guy," he allowed as how the bumper to bumper 36mo/36k warranty was no longer applicable, that the b to b coverage expired after 12 months, but that he had a "wrap" maintenance contract for $1900 that would cover everything. Having been through this type of purchasing routine before, but not at a Honda dealer, I managed to steal the car and not buy anything other than what already was on or in the car (which already had the beautiful $2400 chrome wheels, dura shield on hood and door edges, roof rack, unused snowboard attachments, wheel lug locks, cargo tray, & mud flaps). Bought it complete for $24,500. Won't be going back to this dealer for any service. Oh, and when filling out the financial paperwork, you know, the fifty sheets of stuff that they put in front of your face while waiting for you to not read or know anything about, well, the finance guy had included an "As is, Limited Warranty" which was 30 days/3000 miles. When I asked about this, he said all their used cars come with this; when I declared this seemed superfluous given that this was a Honda Certified car, he looked puzzled. I produced an iPhone image of the color ad they were running online indicating it was indeed a Certified vehicle, he was startled and had to show his boss in some remote location no one knows about; but upon return, allowed as how, yes, it was a Certified car, which as we all know, covers an additional 12mo/12000mi over and above the 36/36k regular warranty, plus the drive train etc. Rather than argue with this twit I simply got out of there with the car intact and paid for. I'm hoping for better relationships with another dealer.
Wow... sounds like a shady dealership. Maybe issue a complaint with Honda Canada/USA about the dealership. Explain the situation and what the dealership tried to do. You did get a great deal on your CT, but Honda should still be made aware of the BS you dealt with.

WG
WeirdG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #77
ellinj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtH View Post
Just bought a certified 2011 AWD with 15k miles. Dealer was exceptionally deceptive IMO. When I asked where the cargo cover was, he said Honda never included it since the beginning of time, but that it was an accessory. I asked him to point out the accessory in the Crosstour Accessory booklet, and of course it wasn't listed, after which they hemmed and hawed not knowing what to say, other than the new 2012 in the showroom doesn't have one. I asked why the slots for such a device were still clearly shown, and that cars from 1977 or so had a cargo cover included in virtually every non-basic hatchback known to man, they had no answer. It got worse. When we made it to the "finance guy," he allowed as how the bumper to bumper 36mo/36k warranty was no longer applicable, that the b to b coverage expired after 12 months, but that he had a "wrap" maintenance contract for $1900 that would cover everything. Having been through this type of purchasing routine before, but not at a Honda dealer, I managed to steal the car and not buy anything other than what already was on or in the car (which already had the beautiful $2400 chrome wheels, dura shield on hood and door edges, roof rack, unused snowboard attachments, wheel lug locks, cargo tray, & mud flaps). Bought it complete for $24,500. Won't be going back to this dealer for any service. Oh, and when filling out the financial paperwork, you know, the fifty sheets of stuff that they put in front of your face while waiting for you to not read or know anything about, well, the finance guy had included an "As is, Limited Warranty" which was 30 days/3000 miles. When I asked about this, he said all their used cars come with this; when I declared this seemed superfluous given that this was a Honda Certified car, he looked puzzled. I produced an iPhone image of the color ad they were running online indicating it was indeed a Certified vehicle, he was startled and had to show his boss in some remote location no one knows about; but upon return, allowed as how, yes, it was a Certified car, which as we all know, covers an additional 12mo/12000mi over and above the 36/36k regular warranty, plus the drive train etc. Rather than argue with this twit I simply got out of there with the car intact and paid for. I'm hoping for better relationships with another dealer.
Please learn how to use paragraphs and your enter key. I tried reading this but gave up.
ellinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #78
Buckeye

Exclamation

I am looking for a privacy cover for my 2010 Crosstour. If I can find a used one cheaper than a new one I'd prefer to go that route.

Anyone here who has one they're not using and would like to sell it, please contact me and we can reach a deal.

Thanks!
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #79
gyost

Default privacy shelf

I just bought my second CT (both EX L6 w/o navi). Wife drives a 2011 and I've just got the 2012. Both came with that privacy shelf. It only comes in black. We found an advantage to having the shelf in two pieces. On a long road trip with four adults and fully loaded, we removed the part of the shelf which was immediately behind the rear seat and put it on top of the luggage under the rear shelf. We put a cooler in the cargo area behind the left rear seat. This would allow rear seat passengers access to iced beverages without having to share the seat with the cooler.
gyost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:09 AM   #80
Jag

Default Cargo cover

I just got a 2013 Crosstour EX-Nav and it did not come with a cargo compartment cover unlike my CRV EX that came with it. Is this maybe an accessory. I did not seem to notice it in the list of acc unless I missed it. So far I like it and the features. Still trying to get use to the gadgets.
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #81
gyost

I bought my 2nd CT on New Years Eve and did not even realize that the cargo cover was not there until I read the posts on this site. I went to the dealer to ask and found that they have deleted this as standard equipment. The sales person said that she would ask the parts department and call me when she got an answer. A week went by and I visited the dealer and spoke to the sales person face to face and told her that I was disappointed that I had not received a phone call. Long story short - she called me this morning and said that I could get it and installed for $200 and then a 20% discount. For $160, that is a good deal so it is on order. I also have a 2011 CT and the cover is standard equipment on that. I know the disadvantage of limited cargo space and difficulty in removal, but also know the advantage of hiding whatever I am carrying from public view and reducing the possibility of a breakin to get something that is in sight.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #82
gyost

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmct12 View Post
So, good news, i think... my dealer talked with the manager and they've agreed to get one for me, but they're locating one. (we'll see how that pans out, but it's a good sign.) I asked if they were going to try to match the color, and he said that actually, the privacy cover came in only one color, no matter what color the interior of the car. i would just like to check to see if that's accurate. my car is the gray (metallic metal something) and black leather inside, and a gray-carpeted cargo area. i think if the piece is black or gray, i'd be ok, but i don't want anything like beige, white, red, or hot pink. anyway, thanks again.
They only come in black, but that is a match to the interiors of all CT's.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #83
CES1951

Here's a link to a dealer that has the "kit" for the cargo privacy shade organized on one web page, and at a decent price:

http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/p...es/cargo-cover
CES1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #84
PAUL1910

Default Cover

They where standard for 2010,2011 not 2012. I had to buy mine also no big deal real easy to install and when I trade my 2012 for my new 2012 I took ot out and put it in the new one along with my window visors,bumper cover, all season mats, cargo tray, door jamb sill plates, K&N typhoon intake. No reason to spend money when you don't have too
PAUL1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #85
PAUL1910

And ArtH. I just paid 28212 for a brand new EX-L 4 WD v6 with nav. So I don't think your deal was that great
PAUL1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #86
postmanone

My 2012 didn't come with one. And what I have seen, I do not want one. I have decided to have a panel made for the area out of smoked plastic from Tap Plastics. I will use small section of velcro for securing it on the flat rail at each side.
It will be strong enough for a cargo deck or if not needed, laid flat on the floor.
I wish the cargo panels that came standard had locks.
postmanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #87
BlackBetsy

Is there a good aftermarket screen?
BlackBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #88
BlackBetsy

If so, can someone post the link.
BlackBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #89
milesf

Default 2013 Cargo Cover

Just got a '13 CT EX-L. I love the car, but disappointed both that there is no cargo cover and the fact that none of the Honda literature shows it as an option (yet the 'grooves' are there for using a cover). Dealer was stumped as well. Does anyone know if the 2012 cargo cover will fit the 2013? I don't think there have been dimensional changes to the trunk.

Thanks!
milesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #90
Xaque

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesf View Post
Just got a '13 CT EX-L. I love the car, but disappointed both that there is no cargo cover and the fact that none of the Honda literature shows it as an option (yet the 'grooves' are there for using a cover). Dealer was stumped as well. Does anyone know if the 2012 cargo cover will fit the 2013? I don't think there have been dimensional changes to the trunk.

Thanks!
I believe it is exactly the same screen.

I want to say I remember a member on here who traded in their 1st Gen CT for a 2nd, saved their privacy screen, and it fit perfect.
Xaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement