Crosstour Vibration / Flutter 20 - 25 mph - Page 3 - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #31
Honda Everything

Update on my CT. Driver side front wheel bearing was replaced, pasenger side front axel replaced.Flutter is gone so is "woop woop" sound, and overall front suspention feels much tighter and smoother. I hope it will last.
Honda Everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #32
Army Dad

[QUOTE=Honda Everything;14937]Update on my CT. Driver side front wheel bearing was replaced, pasenger side front axel replaced.Flutter is gone so is "woop woop" sound, and overall front suspention feels much tighter and smoother. I hope it will last.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the update. Per chance was the bad wheel bearing emitting a nasty burning grease odor? I'm going round and round with thw dealer, they are cooperative but shrug a lot on answers. Had a half shaft replaced but the odor is as strong as ever. Only on the right wheel well, lift the hood and not as strong. Tire is not hot, nor are the brakes. Nothing obvious leaking, doesn't reach the ground anyway.

I'll listen for the woop woop too, wife drives it most of the time but I think I'll return and get them to check the wheel bearing.
2012 Ridgeline RTL/ w Navi
Army Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #33
davyboy

Default weird smell?

Don't laugh but, after going for a drive I can smell a horse manure smell coming from the car? could that be a burning grease odour?
davyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #34
Honda Everything

I never smell enything and no grease leak. BTW dealer sugested replasing rear controll arm with adjasible, because slight adjustment is needed. They said that they have been installing those on accords for about 1.5 years with sucsess. It will be aftermarket part but they say it is good quality.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #35
ghostrider990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Everything View Post
I never smell enything and no grease leak. BTW dealer sugested replasing rear controll arm with adjasible, because slight adjustment is needed. They said that they have been installing those on accords for about 1.5 years with sucsess. It will be aftermarket part but they say it is good quality.
Why would they replace a rear control arm?
I'd be cautious with this....never heard or seen this - and can't believe it'd be covered under warranty, now or later.

gr
ghostrider990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #36
Honda Everything

There is another topic on this forum talking about problems with suspention geometry.That is why. I did not metioned this to dealer, they sujested it. Adjustable arm will give you possibility to adjust toe and chamber, wich is not possible with factory setup. And you are right, this is not covered under warranty $180 per side.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #37
seaaggie

mine had this issue, and the transmission update fixed it
seaaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:08 AM   #38
mddaddy

Unhappy Same flutter issue, software update seemed to make it worse

I bought my 2010 Crosstour used two months ago, still under warranty with 23000 miles. I love the size, comfort, ride and power. I did not notice the flutter between 20 and 27 MPH until reading through this forum.
I took the car to a dealer, and they applied a transmission software update. They also turned the front rotors and suggested I have the tires balanced. I had the tires balanced and rotated soon afterward.
We took a family road trip, and I noticed that the flutter had turned into a more pronounced vibration, not felt through the wheel, pedals, or shift lever, but throughout the chassis. Eventually, the vibration began occurring at any speed, though only after the car is warm.
Another trip to another dealer resulted in an unable to duplicate diagnosis, yet I can still feel it. One only needs to drive the car from cold and let it get to operating temperature to feel the difference, but they said they found no problem. They called a Honda representative who also denied a problem.
I intend to take it back once more; one step at a time. Is this a trend in a range of VINs? if enough of us complain to the NHTSA and Honda, maybe they will acknowledge and address the problem.
mddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #39
BMC

2012 new CT...I love it. Got 4K miles on it so far with no "shuddering"...will totally keep an eye out for it now. Great forum here. Thanks, gents and ladies.
BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #40
Dimples129

I traded my 2008 GMC Acadia for a 2012 CT. My Acadia had started to do some sort of a shudder at about 20-27 MPH as well, being more noticeable on an incline. I was going to have it checked and put new tires on it, but a trip to the Honda dealer about my Odyssey changed that! Now that I have a new CT, I hope it doesn't start that shuddering too!
Dimples129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #41
jerbonen

I always believed at that speed it is the computer locking the torque converter
jerbonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #42
Pearson303

Default 22 MPH Flutter

Just purchased a 2010 crosstour with 28,000 miles... and the 22mph flutter. I'll keep you posted... seeing the dealer tomorrow.
Pearson303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #43
Honda Everything

I've contacted honda customer care thru twitter and told them about flutter.They said that they didnt hear about this problem (????? after all that was described here- involving regional servise managers etc.) Told them that problem got better but not totaly gone. They told me to take it back to dealer for more checks and test. Now they keep asking me in the emails if i took it back ( i have not yet). Maybe everybody that have this problem should twit them so the word is out and, maybe, some action will be taken on corporate level?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #44
Pearson303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearson303 View Post
Just purchased a 2010 crosstour with 28,000 miles... and the 22mph flutter. I'll keep you posted... seeing the dealer tomorrow.
They acknowledged the vibration...
went in for a 30,000 mile check-up; changed differential fluid, tranny fluid, cleaned injectors, and the usual stuff. Tranny fluid looked darker than normal. Tires were worn, had a new set put on and aligned. So we changed all the stuff that I would do anyway. So I now know what it can't be. Dealer thought vibration was from a broken belt in a rear tire. Vehicle only shuddered after driven for a while and only between 22 and 30mph on occasion up hill (acted like there was mud on the inside of the rim). Drove back from dealer in a snowstorm... snow on rims. Will report back in a week or so.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #45
Pearson303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearson303 View Post
They acknowledged the vibration...
went in for a 30,000 mile check-up; changed differential fluid, tranny fluid, cleaned injectors, and the usual stuff. Tranny fluid looked darker than normal. Tires were worn, had a new set put on and aligned. So we changed all the stuff that I would do anyway. So I now know what it can't be. Dealer thought vibration was from a broken belt in a rear tire. Vehicle only shuddered after driven for a while and only between 22 and 30mph on occasion up hill (acted like there was mud on the inside of the rim). Drove back from dealer in a snowstorm... snow on rims. Will report back in a week or so.
Didn't take a week (1 day). Shudder is still there. It acts as if it is in the tranny or torque converter. Not CV joints... shudder disappears when transmission shifts.

What say you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement