Still Learning my Crosstour - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > New Member introduction

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
TBelle

Default Still Learning my Crosstour

I just purchased a 2012 used EX-L. I've driven a 2 door Mercedes CLK 430 for more than 10 years and it was time to upgrade me from single status to now married with 2 kids and what a lovely transition. I had never considered a Honda before and am not disappointed at all. Coming from a V8, the ride and power are actually more than I expected. My kids love the roominess of the backseat. They were tired of me yelling at them to stop kicking the back of my seat; but they couldn't help it cause their poor feet were squished in with no leg or foot room for them. ;-(

I just have a few questions that I hope others can help me with.
1. Should the 2012 have come with a privacy cover for the cargo area? My parts department told me it was probably removed since the car is used.
2. I really want a backup camera and navi system and rear seat entertainment, but am told that if you don't buy with these options already installed, then you can't have added later. If this is true, does anyone know of systems that are compatible with my make and year that I can have installed from a 3rd party?
3. Is it worth it to have the dealership install door protectors/guards or is that something that can be done fairly cheap at autobody shop?
4. What's the best cleaner for the interior? I have tan interior and those little fingers are already starting to scuff up the door handles and seats.
TBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
deathwish

Welcome! Here's some quick answers to your questions . . .

1: No, the cargo cover is not standard on the 2012. If you really want one, do a search here, there is a parts list available to fit one in. Two simple screws and its in there, no drilling or modification necessary.
2: Short answer, no. For Navi, I opted for a TomTom instead of Honda Navi. There are a lot of companies that make rear seat entertainment systems that will go on that back of seats for the kids. Everything from systems that hang on the headrest pillars to systems that are mounted into the seatback. A visit to a local car stereo shop should find some options. As to the b/u cam, my 2012 EX-L came with one in the rear-view mirror, yours should have too . . . maybe it's turned off? (button on mirror).
3. The body side moldings are simple. The Honda kit includes templates and alcohol wipes. They come color matched as well. You just use masking tape to put the template on, wipe down the area, then peel and stick the moldings. Door edge guards are a little trickier, they are in essence nothing more than thick mylar tape.
4: Vinyl or Leather surfaces? For leather, I like Lexol. http://www.lexol.com/
  • Prior ride, 1990 Prelude Si-ALB, Red/Black, (really miss that one)

Last edited by deathwish; 01-07-2013 at 02:53 PM.
deathwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
rlrawalt

It should come with a backup camera as deathwish mentioned. Look by the handle of the hatchback to the right I believe. You should see a camera there. Maybe it's just not working properly. Hope this helps.
rlrawalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #4
Dimples129

I have a 2012 without navi. The backup camera is in the rear view mirror. I know there is a power button on the mirror, but I don't know if that turns off the camera or not. Also, mine was purchased new and it didn't come with the cargo privacy cover.
Dimples129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:37 AM   #5
WeirdG

The 2012 models didn't come with a cargo privacy cover. Honda dropped it for some reason.
WeirdG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
TBelle

This was very helpful. Thank you so much.
TBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:55 AM   #7
L8Apex

I believe that the privacy cover was dropped because several consumers complained to the NTSB that it restricted the rear view too much to be safe. So, the consumer is now allowed the option of purchasing it from the OEM and installing it rather than having the vehicle be sold off of the lot in potentially "unsafe" condition. It sounds like a Legal Department decision to me.
L8Apex is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement