Front Brake Pad Upgrade - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Wheels, Tires & Suspension

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
L8Apex

Default Front Brake Pad Upgrade

I've had my 2012 Crosstour EX L for about three weeks now. As a performance driving instructor and general track junkie, my reaction is that the brakes fade too early under hard application.

Accordingly, I want to install higher bite front brake pads. The only higher bite pads that I have been able to find on the Internet are the EBC "Yellow Stuff".

I've never been an EBC fan when it comes to high performance brake pads. So, I'd like to know if anyone has found a pad compatible to the Crosstour front calipers from anyone else like, Carbotech, Porterfield, Hawk, Performance Friction, or Ferrodo?

I don't see a DIY on changing the brake pads here. Is one needed?
L8Apex is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
ogbatman

To get more bite out of the front brakes I switched to slotted rotors. Made a world of difference.
ogbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
dtexan

I'm wondering the same thing. I have a brand new set of centric rotors sitting at home. I wonder if any other honda's use the same pads as the crosstour?
dtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:22 AM   #4
L8Apex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbatman View Post
To get more bite out of the front brakes I switched to slotted rotors. Made a world of difference.
After more than 40 years of race track instructing and a short period of racing, unless the braking system is specifically designed around modified rotors, I stick with plain, vented rotors. I do have slotted rotors on my S2000 but that's for show. When I go to the race track with it, I swap to plain, vented rotors.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:47 AM   #5
L8Apex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtexan View Post
I'm wondering the same thing. I have a brand new set of centric rotors sitting at home. I wonder if any other honda's use the same pads as the crosstour?
I've done some research and cross-checking on the part numbers. The part number for the front brake pad set for the 2010-2012 Crosstour is 45022-TP6-A60 for all versions.

This part has no other model-equivalent in the Honda parts catalog.

Using that part number for online search, the only equivalent aftermarket performance part that I could find is the EBC Yellow Stuff from a USA vendor but on searching the EBC site earlier today, they do not even show the Crosstour in their product compatibility listings.

I've sent an email to their sales department over in England and hope to receive a response soon. I'll post that response here.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
dtexan

Awesome, great job on getting the ball rolling!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #7
friedrice19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbatman View Post
Same here. After 15,000 miles, my rotors started warping (steering wheel shaking when braking). I swapped mine out for a set of 4 Powerslot slotted rotors from Tirerack.com, while keeping the stock pads. What a difference it makes! Better initial bite. More linear brake feel throughout the brake pedal travel. I stop shorter. My pads don't annoying rub in the cold morning any more. Nor do the pads squeak after I wash my car and wheels. I find they don't fade, which is especially noticeable when stuck in highway traffic.

Best of all, they cost exactly the same amount as buying the factory rotors, from the website listing in previous post.

Mods:
HID, lows, 50W H11, 4300K w Clear lenses
HID, fog, 35W H11, 3000K
EXLedUsa-DRL Premium switchback
Slotted brake rotors
OEM Cargo cover
Acura TL Swaybar
exLEDS interior
VLEDS Tritons V3-backup and turns
JBL GTO 608C, front
Pioneer TS-CX7, center
OEM, rears (to keep Active Sound Control)
Sound deaden floors + doors
Silent Running in wheel wells
AudioVox Mediabridge
Lloyd Mats

Future
RV6 v.3 J Pipe (w type S badge)
Footwell lighting
friedrice19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
L8Apex

Having an email conversation with EBC. I'll report on my findings. They think that the pads on the V6 and I4 versions may be different.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #9
L8Apex

After several exchanges in our conversation, the following is the result of that conversation with the representative from EBC. As a result of this conversation, I'm going to order a set of YellowStuff pads for the front. I'll try to report on my impressions shortly thereafter.

THE LAST EXCHANGE WITH EBC:

For your Crosstour the Yellowstuff part numbers are-

DP41743R (Front)
DP41193/2R (Rear)

I was emailing our UK tech about these pads last week and he was able to confirm that regardless of the 2011 and 2012 Crosstour’s engine the pads will remain the same. The backing plates will be designed to fit all of the models.

The Redstuff part numbers are-

DP31743C (Front)
DP31193/2C (Rear)

Thank you for sharing the information I provided on the forum and please let me know if you have any other questions. Please also feel free to leave my email address in your post in case any other forum member has a question.

Kind Regards,

Brendan Cashman
www.ebcbrakes.com
EBC BRAKES USA, Inc.
brendan@ebcbrakesusa.com
Old 12-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
L8Apex

I just ordered a set of front YellowStuff from Autoplicity for $104 - shipped.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #11
dtexan

Great find so basically the Odyssey brakes are the same?
Old 12-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
L8Apex

As near as I can tell they are saying that they are the same as the 10-12 Accord (45022-TA0-A60), 07-11 Acura RDX (45022-SHJ-A50), and 05-12 Odyssey (45022-SHJ-A50).

Just out of interest, I'll compare them to my 2003 Accord V6 pads (45022-SEA-J11). I have those because I converted my S2000 front brakes to these larger calipers last year. The car is in storage but my track pads (Hawk Blue) are in my parts bin.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #13
deathwish

Default On the subject of upgrades . . .

Has anyone looked at doing a rotor/caliper swap with an MDX/ZDX. They have 13" rotors up front. There is a ton of space inside my stock 18's. Any chance their caliper brackets would bolt on to the CT knuckle? Since the platform is similar, it just might. Rockauto even shows some remanufactured twin piston calipers with brackets fitting 2012 model MDX/ZDX.

http://www.rockauto.com/
http://www.buybrakes.com/c-80_acura-mdx_brake-kits.aspx
  • Prior ride, 1990 Prelude Si-ALB, Red/Black, (really miss that one)

Last edited by deathwish; 01-01-2013 at 10:48 PM.
deathwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #14
BlackBetsy

Good info, thanks for posting guys
BlackBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #15
Leolo007

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
I'm going to order a set of YellowStuff pads for the front. I'll try to report on my impressions shortly thereafter.
Any feedback on the pads?

Im also considering EBC rotors since the originals seem to be warped.

They sell kits on autopartswarehouse.com but they have too many to choose from. Im considering the "Premium Street Kit".

Although they are the cheapest EBC kit (pads and rotor) at $266 they are still double the cost of Powerstop OE replacement kit on the same website.

Is it worth spending the extra cash?
Leolo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement