Custom CT. What does your CT say about you? - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Picture / Media Posts

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
AGolstonT

Default Custom CT. What does your CT say about you?

I've had 22"s, yellow calipers, amp & sub, smocked tail lights, and HID headlights on my CT since the beginning of 2010. Probably won't do much else to it. Simple. Clean. Versatile. Too much costumization makes it look cheap, in my opinion... And I don't sound like a whoopi cushion driving down the street, I *don't have to go 1 mph over speed bumps, nor do I have to back out of sloped drive ways diagonally. Haha. Im a pro photographer and never thought of taking photos of it until I came across this forum. Shot this a couple of days ago (July 13th, 2012). Hope you guys like.
AGolstonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
rusty

photo is awsome !
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Old 07-26-2012, 01:37 AM   #3
XDreamMachinaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGolstonT View Post
Im a pro photographer and never thought of taking photos of it until I came across this forum. Shot this a couple of days ago (July 13th, 2012).
Six pictures! This picture is put together with 6 pictures?! Yeah?

I think the wheel is one inch too big and tires are just a tad wide. But hey, it's your car! Sweet!
XDreamMachinaX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
AGolstonT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDreamMachinaX View Post
Six pictures! This picture is put together with 6 pictures?! Yeah?

I think the wheel is one inch too big and tires are just a tad wide. But hey, it's your car! Sweet!
I can't remember how many photos I used, but it was more than six. I added some thickness to the tires because I was tired of repairing the rims from the LA potholes. I think it adds a little "toughness" to the look, and I prefer It to the "riding on rubber bands" look. The tires are within the wheel well so the width is fine. Thanks for your critique, though.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
XDreamMachinaX

Default Post the original photo!

Quote:
I can't remember how many photos I used, but it was more than six. I added some thickness to the tires because I was tired of repairing the rims from the LA potholes. I think it adds a little "toughness" to the look, and I prefer It to the "riding on rubber bands" look. The tires are within the wheel well so the width is fine. Thanks for your critique, though.
Good call on the less lower-profile tires. I always wonder if the car owners of 23"+ wheels ever regret their decision on the wheels? I personally like +1, or +2. That's the most I'd go on any car. My Accord's got +1 from factory, and sometimes I already dread doing so...

You should post your original CT picture! I liked the lighting on it. Not bad. I'd love to see how it was lit, even if it was not your car, or picture.

BTW, good job overall. I think if you tone down the picture overall, it may be more believable. Tone down the skyline to be more like 7:30PM than 5:30PM right now, and tone down your car respectively, and perhaps your car would pop more. Still, I think you did a good PS job.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:46 PM   #6
XDreamMachinaX

Default Whoa, now that's low...

Did anyone see this? Scooped this out of my daily surfing of different sites:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ho...ery-47836.html

Pretty interesting.

Obviously not my car...
Old 08-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
AGolstonT

Quote:
Good call on the less lower-profile tires. I always wonder if the car owners of 23"+ wheels ever regret their decision on the wheels? I personally like +1, or +2. That's the most I'd go on any car. My Accord's got +1 from factory, and sometimes I already dread doing so...

You should post your original CT picture! I liked the lighting on it. Not bad. I'd love to see how it was lit, even if it was not your car, or picture.

BTW, good job overall. I think if you tone down the picture overall, it may be more believable. Tone down the skyline to be more like 7:30PM than 5:30PM right now, and tone down your car respectively, and perhaps your car would pop more. Still, I think you did a good PS job.
It would be difficult to post the original photo since this one is a composite to 7 photos (which you knew already). I took multiple photos with a portable studio light and stitched them together. Here is the method that I used: http://vimeo.com/30363913 I wanted it too have that surreal, car ad look. It was exactly what I was trying to achieve. Thanks for the critique... again. I come across critics all of the time in my profession. It's interesting, but the critics seem to usually be the people that desperately want others to believe that they are very knowledgeable on the subject or an expert in the field that they are talking about... as though pointing out imperfections (in their "expert" opinions) in other people or things will bring them that much closer to perfection. I get a feeling, however, that they most likely do it in an attempt further themselves from their true selves that they try so hard to hide from others.

Last edited by AGolstonT; 08-01-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #8
yankeesfan9090

this picture is amazing.. good work

you should send it to honda to get your photos out there.. its really nice and would look good on a billboard or something for honda..

ur work is really good and you could maybe make some $$ if honda uses this. what do u think
yankeesfan9090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
AGolstonT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan9090 View Post
this picture is amazing.. good work

you should send it to honda to get your photos out there.. its really nice and would look good on a billboard or something for honda..

ur work is really good and you could maybe make some $$ if honda uses this. what do u think
Thank you, very much, YankeesFan9090. A couple of other people have mentioned that, as well. I just have to quit procrastinating and contact someone from Honda. There's no better time than the present... But I've decided that I'm still going to procrastinate for now. Haha.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #10
XDreamMachinaX

Quote:
It would be difficult to post the original photo since this one is a composite to 7 photos (which you knew already). I took multiple photos with a portable studio light and stitched them together. Here is the method that I used: http://vimeo.com/30363913 I wanted it too have that surreal, car ad look. It was exactly what I was trying to achieve. Thanks for the critique... again. I come across critics all of the time in my profession. It's interesting, but the critics seem to usually be the people that desperately want others to believe that they are very knowledgeable on the subject or an expert in the field that they are talking about... as though pointing out imperfections (in their "expert" opinions) in other people or things will bring them that much closer to perfection. I get a feeling, however, that they most likely do it in an attempt further themselves from their true selves that they try so hard to hide from others.
Wow, cool. Thanks for spilling the beans for us. Really appreciated the link. Although, I have to say, I think you did a better job lighting your CT than those guys lighting their A4. They did an awesome job showing the process, though.

BTW, did you say your CT's got 22"s? I'm trying to figure out how big is too big, and I'm confused.

The Vossen wheels in this link says that those were just 20". Standard CT comes with 18"s, right?

Now, why does your 22" look smaller than the 20" Vossens? Or, I should say, the Vossens look bigger than your 22"s.

Do you think the guy who wrote the story got the wrong info and it's actually way bigger than 20"?! Or were they truly 20" but they put on some skinny tires on it?

How is your ride, by the way? And if you were to do it over, would you still opt for 22"?
Old 08-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #11
AGolstonT

Quote:
Wow, cool. Thanks for spilling the beans for us. Really appreciated the link. Although, I have to say, I think you did a better job lighting your CT than those guys lighting their A4. They did an awesome job showing the process, though.

BTW, did you say your CT's got 22"s? I'm trying to figure out how big is too big, and I'm confused.

The Vossen wheels in this link says that those were just 20". Standard CT comes with 18"s, right?

Now, why does your 22" look smaller than the 20" Vossens? Or, I should say, the Vossens look bigger than your 22"s.

Do you think the guy who wrote the story got the wrong info and it's actually way bigger than 20"?! Or were they truly 20" but they put on some skinny tires on it?

How is your ride, by the way? And if you were to do it over, would you still opt for 22"?
Thanks, XDreamMachinaX. I appreciate that.

The Vossen tires don't seem to look thinner (though, they could be), but I think because the car is stance (lowered) and the actual tire itself tucks/hides underneath the wheel well, it may give the illusion that the wheel is bigger than it is.

My ride is great. In the beginning, I had to watch the occasional bump in the road, but the I put spacers in the back shocks. It unfortunately lifts the rear end a bit, but I would much rather have that than have to slow to a creep if I were to approach a speed bump or a sloped drive way.

If I were to do it again, I'd do still go with the 22's. 20's or less will obviously look even small unless you stance the car, which I would never do (unless I were in high school).
Old 12-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #12
BMC

Those 22s look mighty boss.
BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
Dimples129

A couple questions about the photo....first of all, That photo is amazing! I want to get into HDR photography. Is this photo similar to the HDR effect? forgive my ignorance on the subject. What software did you use to edit this photo? About how long does it take to produce this type of image?
Also I agree with the others in this post. You should do ads for Honda! :-) it's better than the one in the video for sure!
Dimples129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #14
jc8161L

Absolutely beautiful picture!!!!!
jc8161L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #15
kdwilkerson

Default Great,

Quote:
I've had 22"s, yellow calipers, amp & sub, smocked tail lights, and HID headlights on my CT since the beginning of 2010. Probably won't do much else to it. Simple. Clean. Versatile. Too much costumization makes it look cheap, in my opinion... And I don't sound like a whoopi cushion driving down the street, I *don't have to go 1 mph over speed bumps, nor do I have to back out of sloped drive ways diagonally. Haha. Im a pro photographer and never thought of taking photos of it until I came across this forum. Shot this a couple of days ago (July 13th, 2012). Hope you guys like.
Man, I love the wheels, cool pic, thanks,
kdwilkerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement