Driving in snow - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Shelldave

Default Driving in snow

I drove to the Truckee area in NorCal today in heavy snow. The CT did great with 4 wheel drive! Never felt out of control and loved not having to stop and put on chains!
Shelldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Popurhedoff

Gratz, the CT 4WD handles extremely well in heavy snow. Lots of ground clearance so you dont end up plowing the snow. A good set of winter tires and you can handle almost anything. I live in Canada and drive a lot in heavy snow, the CT is great in adverse conditions and is sexy to drive to boot.

Cheers
Pop
Popurhedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
dave230

Looking forward to it. Bought ours in February but we never had any snow at all last winter in the Saratoga County part of NY, even up into the Adirondacks. Hopefully this year we're back to normal and get to go out and play in six or more inches of snow once in awhile. I'm expecting this thing to be pretty capable.
dave230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
chefmark
Super Moderator

Posted this picture a while back, I was very happy with the CT in the snow. I had no problem lugging through the snow. Of course when traffic is like in the picture it's kind of fun to drive in snow
chefmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:04 AM   #5
CrosstourJed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelldave View Post
I drove to the Truckee area in NorCal today in heavy snow. The CT did great with 4 wheel drive! Never felt out of control and loved not having to stop and put on chains!
Here is Seattle when it's snowing the CT performs very well! Now I don't have to be jealous of the Audi Drivers who use to past me up when I had to park my bmw and walk.
CrosstourJed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #6
Hondaconvert

I agree with everyone, the CT grips the slick snow like racing slicks on hot pavement. I love it!

It's off topic, but does anyone get the excited stares from Acura ZDX passengers? It's like I'm the one driving the upscale version of Honda's unique, new age hatchback.
Hondaconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:03 AM   #7
jimmyjack

A member PM'ed me and said it would be good for everyone to know I have the 2010-2011 Volumes 1 & 2 Honda Maintenance Manuals for the CT. I mentioned this in my newbie message, but I guess this is the more appropriate place. So for what it's worth, please feel free to ask me any questions regarding the CT. I'm sitting on over a thousand pages of stuff (trim panel removal, headlight replacement, torque values, fluid quantities, engine removal and overhaul... Everything!)
women's red leather jackets women's red leather jackets
jimmyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #8
Shelldave

Thanks Jimmy, that's great to know!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #9
ghostrider990

Had my first WINTER drive in MY CT this past few days...have to say, SO impressed!

Damn thing is nearly unflappable EVEN on the OEM Michelin Lattitudes.

Didn't do so good in the DEEP snow drifts, but a set of snow tires would cure that. I was going to order a set of Blizzaks, but we really don't get enuff snow to justify that, around here.

Really, I cannot be happier with the OEM snow performance of this car.

The ONLY 4wd car that performs better (imho) in the Honda lineup, is the 12/13 CR-V with it's updated Electronic Steering, and Upgraded electronics VSA/ABS pkg, and AWD vectoring system.

If the CT got THESE upgrades, it would be just THAT much better!

Enjoy the winter....i AM!

gr
ghostrider990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #10
Milagro3

Default No chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelldave View Post
Just to clarify, the dealer told us never to put chains on the CT. He said it can use the plastic kind but no chains. I even had to sign that I read the disclaimer about no chains. Not much to worry about in California unless I go skiing.
Milagro3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #11
Shelldave

Check out pg 365 in the owners manual (2010) about using "Tire Chains". Seems crazy for you to sign something like that.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #12
Steve In Wa

Thumbs up Second ever Snow drive

I'm still dealing with a Step Dad who has dementia. A couple of Saturdays ago my Mom was just loosing it, so I threw Mom and the Step Dad in the car and headed to Snoqualmie Pass. What a GREAT drive, Mom slept, read, watched the views and relaxed. The Step Dad sat in the back and behaved the whole trip.

The trip was snowy, others were chaining up, we whizzed by AWD activating once and a while, it was great, SOLID handling on the road the whole trip. This is why I bought the car! I love it.
Steve In Wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #13
PattyBags

Not much snow here in NYC so far this winter. We had one Noreaster that left a few inches on the floor, and the CT was very impressive in the snow. Also hit some heavy snow driving through Ohio a few weeks back, and the CT did not disappoint. So far, the CT has handled better than expected in the snow.
PattyBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:48 PM   #14
PattyBags

I added a new phrase to my weather vocabulary this winter, "Polar Vortex."

Anyways, we have gotten pounded in NYC with a parade of snow storms. The snow plows left my Crosstour surrounded by a wall of snow up to my window. This morning, all I had to do was hit the gas the Crosstour muscled out of this pile of snow like a CHAMP!

Holy freakin cow, the Crosstour is a BEAST.
PattyBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #15
kjh780

I feel you on that. I live in Detroit, and we've been having a real rough winter. Proud to say that the CT has not let me down.. First winter of many to come!
kjh780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement