DIY: step-by-step rear swaybar & endinks upgrade - Page 3 - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Wheels, Tires & Suspension

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #31
JubileeJack

Default Now selling the 19mm rear Swaybar $50

I am now selling the 19mm rear sway bar (RSB) for $50 w/ bushings...i upgraded to a 22mm RSB

For sale thread is here: http://www.crosstourownersclub.com/f...4915#post14915
JubileeJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #32
EddyF1

Hello JJack,
which 22mm Rsb did you go with?
Part # ?
Thanks Eddyf1
EddyF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #33
JubileeJack

i got it from Progressive, past # now escapes me
Old 11-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #34
brohammer619

does anyone know if the larger progress swaybar that's 24mm fits on the AWD crosstour? Looking at my car I don't see any reason it wouldn't, but on progress' website it says it does not work on the AWD acura TL which worries me. JubileeJack, do you have a AWD crosstour? I'd like to go with the biggest rear bar as I can
brohammer619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #35
JubileeJack

the biggest RSB you can install on our AWD is 22mm, Progressive is correct in their statement. Anything thicker than 22mm will interfere with the vehicle 's underpinning including exhaust components.
When i went from OE to 19mm, i could tell there was not match more room to install anything much thicker, i was happy to have found the 22mm Progressive RSB. remember, when Honda engineered the rear suspension, it was set at 14mm OE so they felt no need to leave much room for anything drastic since this is not a car that enjoys a huge aftermarket following such a Mustang, Impreza, etc...the CT is aimed at empty nesters.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #36
mtbrider24

Jack - I'm curious where you got your progressive rsb? Is that the mfr. name? I googled it and mostly came up with ATV stuff under the Progressive name. I saw others listed under Progress name. Is it still one that fits the Acura TL AWD? I found a 22mm Progress rsb but it is for a 09-11 TSX....would that be what I'm looking for?

I just bought my CT about two weeks ago (coming from an Audi A4) so I'm interested tightening up the handling on it a bit. Thanks.

Last edited by mtbrider24; 12-03-2012 at 12:10 AM.
mtbrider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:27 AM   #37
JubileeJack

http://throwdownperformance.com/inde...products_id=43

I ordered it through Throwdown Performance (link above) but like I said, awful service: no email replies, they don 't pick calls, and took me 3 weeks to get my part. Hope you have a better experience....when you do the RSB upgrade, get yourself some decent endlinks, the OE ones are way too forgiving. If you don 't do that, no matter what sway bar you get, it will still feel bad. Basically, don 't bother doing anything unless you're willing to upgrade the endlinks too.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #38
mtbrider24

Thanks Jack, that's the one I found. I was planning to do a swap (perhaps this spring when it's a bit warmer) just as you had outlined, including end links and was trying to track down places to get the correct parts with the numbers you provided.

Last edited by mtbrider24; 12-29-2012 at 03:40 PM.
mtbrider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #39
WeirdG

Hi JJ,

I was look for the 2010 TL AWD sway bar, and I couldn't find one with the part number you list. I was able to find a sway bar with the following part number: 52300-TK5-A02

Can you please confirm and correct your original post if the part number is incorrect?

Thanks,
WG
WeirdG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #40
JubileeJack

WG,

The part numbers are correct but I can sell you that Acura AWD RSB (19 mm) as I took it off after i upgrading to 22mm from Progressive. The Acura one looks like new, no scratches, A1 condition. If interested it 's yours for CDN $50 obo (you pay shipping) and i still have the box it came in so it won 't get dinged during shipping. Since we're both in Canada, shipping will be low. if you pm your postal code, I can give you a shipping quote and you can just pay via paypal or Interac e-transfer.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #41
WeirdG

Did you noticed much difference between the Acura and Progressive sway bar? Any reason why you went with the Rallitek Front Endlinks versus the Cusco or Kartboy Front Endlinks?

I'm considering getting these Front Endlinks since they're cheaper with shipping and have a 5/5 rating.
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Cusc...Front-Endlinks

WG

Last edited by WeirdG; 01-20-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #42
JubileeJack

going from stock to 19mm was great but like all things, i got used to it and this 22mm is the biggest (thickness) you can install otherwise it will rub against the exhaust etc. going from 19mm to 22mm has fun but less noticeable and that 's what we call the 'scale of diminishing returns'.

Cusco endlinks are very familiar to me as I had 4 Subarus before but i would never install their end links, i would rather got for Rallitek but ultimately everyone ended up using KartBoy for obvious reason and you get what you pay for.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #43
Charlievice

Jack, I like your idea and I'm gonna' go for it. It's funny how your 2011 project is still helping members. I have a 2010 (not AWD), What do you think about the 2010 TL strut swap on this 2010 CT? It is shorter and lower the rear slightly. Thanks for the help.
Charlievice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:02 AM   #44
JubileeJack

^thank you for the above and I am glad others have found it helpful...and here i was thinking of switching and getting a Tacoma.

The TL 's struts are calibrated for lighter vehicle than out CT so I would not recommend it. Some have dropped the CT but that prematurely wears out the suspension but more importantly, the rebound rates are incorrect. If you do end up dropping the vehicle, be sure the redo your wheel alignment as the entire suspension's geometry will be offset.

I did contact Blistein this past summer to see if they have a solution but they do not. It is my understanding that the CT 's OE shocks/struts come from KYB but I fail to see anything in their catalogue that would accommodate out CTs

If you live in a climate with no winters, go with a quality coilover setup, more money but will handle like a dream.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #45
WeirdG

Hey JJ,

Not sure if u noticed but I PM'd you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement