Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Intake spacer question

5K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  ogbatman 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Your motor already has more power than theirs. Intake spacers are a myth, and of course everyone who says it works hasn't posted any dyno numbers. Just google "intake spacer myth" and see what you find. They work about as good as those "chips" on ebay, that just lean your motor out and are nothing more than a resistor altering the signal to the pcm.

#4 ·
The numbers that those guys are claiming can literally be the difference betwee nit being cool outside in the morning and warm in the afternoon.

A j-pipe won't do any good since there aren't any tuners for the V6 Accords, so you'd end up with a CEL and the car wouldn't run right.

There really isn't all that much that can be done. It's not a sports car, and the import performance world doesn't support the Honda V6 very well.

#5 ·
You don't think the stock ECU would compensate for the J-Pipe? Also is there is an 02 sensor on the 3rd cat? Could it be as simple as using a defouler to mount it if so. I just want a little more oomph this thing can be pretty slow at times.

Maybe I just need to stop driving my wifes IS350 lol.

#6 ·
Like Ryan said car is not a sports car also there isnt much support for the motor. If u had the 4 banger then you may have a chance.
If you want to get alittle more out of it try lowring springs and a CAI.

The reason I say lowering springs because alot of Tq is lost thru weight shift during accel. A stiffer spring would reduce body roll to the rear and allow alittle more power to go to the wheels.

#7 ·
Having gone thru my "tuner" phase in my 30's on my poor '02 maxima, I truly DO understand the want/need/desire to "pimp-z-ride".

really guys....I DO. :eek:

With that said -- it's a friggin' CROSSTOUR! :cool:

Buy a Camaro, A mustang, A Subaru WRX, or a HOST of other tune-boy cars out there....but just leave the Crosstour ALone!!! :D

You are just gonna mess it up, and Honda has already over-tweaked the V-6 with VCM.
You are NOT gonna win messing with THIS engine.

gr

#9 ·
This isn't a "tuner's" forum. It's quite sleepy imho.

You want tuning info, go to driveaccord.net -- or keep following that forum you quoted.
only a handful of guys who visit here semi-frequently that have done ANY modding to their CT's....and MOST of their modding is of the cosmetic / exhaust/suspension variety.

U wanna start messing with Sasquatch and tweaking the motor...i don't think you are gonna get much love here.

...just sayin'... :cool:

gr

#11 ·
Kinda hard to do anything on a car that has very little Mod Support. I mean just trying to find lowering springs and a camber kit only gives you 2 companys that make them.

I my self have a mustang modded from top to bottom and when I looked into do anything for the CT. There isnt much but lowering springs and a CAI. You try going beyond that your looking at alot of custom made stuff which will get $$$$ quick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.