Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Potential CT buyer

5K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  gyost 
#1 ·
Hey everyone.

Just looking for a little insight. I'm looking to get a 2010 or 2011 CT with around 20-30k miles. After owning a 2003 Acura that had constant tranny issues (went through 4 trannys) I'm a little leery of Honda's right now.

But I test drove one today and was impressed.

I just wanted to know if there was any issues that you owners have been coming across that I should be concerned about. I know nothing is perfect, but want to avoid a known issue that owners have that I cant find elsewhere.

So to buy or not to buy? Any help is appreciated...

#2 ·
I recognize that it's the longer-term owners that you wish to hear from on this topic. I"ve only had my CT for two months now but I'm exceedingly pleased with it.

I admit that there is a family bias towards Honda. We used to be a BMW family but many years ago I bought an Integra GSR sedan that is clearly the best car that I have ever owned and as a result we converted over to Honda. We have the CT, an Accord, a CRV and an S2000 now.

Sorry to hear about your Acura. Bad luck stinks.

#3 ·
Like L8Apex, I'm a new owner . . . I started out looking at 2010 CPO cars, and ended up buying a new 2012 'leftover' for nearly $9k off sticker. There are still some to be had, I only bought mine the week of Christmas. :D

#5 · (Edited)
Which Acura did you have? I remember the 3.2TL models from 1999-2003 all had tranny issues for the most part. I believe there was an engine part that needed to be replaced, because the factory part was made out of a material cheaper material. The dealerships needed to replace the part with one made of a more durable material. My folks have a 2003 3.2TL still, and they've never had a problem with it.

I was driving a 2005 Acura TSX up until a few weeks ago, and it was rock solid. I was the first and only owner, and I never had any problems with it. The only major repair required was with one of the HID lights failing. I had to replaced the bulb and the light socket. The light socket actually burned out.

I think the engine problems Acura/Honda might have had are loooooong gone. The Crosstour is using a proven engine (J35Z2), which has been used in the Accords since 2008. Check some specs here:
http://www.crosstourownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1160

The other thing you need to consider when buying a car that has some mileage on it, is how the previous driver drove the car. My NEW demo model had just under 10K KM on it when I purchased it. It was driven by one of the dealership's managers, and upon my inspection it was clean and in excellent condition. No dings, no scratches, etc. At least with a used car, you can take it to a garage and have it inspected by a mechanic before buying.

#6 ·
Just one problem - wheel alignment

I have 52K on my 2010 CT EX-L 4WD.

The only issue I have had is misalignment from the factory which caused excessive cupping on my tires within 16k miles - Honda aligned it and replaced the tires.

I'm starting to hear some road noise again, but the factory Lattitude tires may be the issue. I'll replace them with Michelin Primacy's next fall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.