Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Folding Keyfob

13K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Xaque 
#1 · (Edited)
This is probably the easist mod. Just want to share with everyone how it looks.

See less See more
#4 ·
Cool...so the blade is perpendicular to the fob? Just compared the Honda blade to our Acura MDX fob where the blade flicks out like a switchblade. Looks like it'd take a really wide fob to accomodate a blade flicking out that way.

#5 ·
Agreed, this is a very cool Fob. I wish Honda would start looking into keyless entry/engine start... but until then this is great.

I did a search on ebay and saw one for the late model Accords for $14.99 starting bid and it mentioned having to cut the key. Where did you go to do that?

#9 ·
I cut the key @ local Honda dealer. they charge $30 for the labor fee.

The keyfob case is purchased from ebay. It is just a case, nothing more. I took the driver#1 key and disassembled it. Took out the remote part and put it in the case. It's direct fit.

However, believe or not, transponder doesn't get close enough to pass the Immobilizer. It seems I have to take the transponder out and move it to the edge of the case.

#12 · (Edited)
Just wanted to chime in here...

I've been checking FCC IDs and doing a lot of research...

The '09, '10 Acura TSX flip has the same transponder as our Crosstour remotes.

It has a trunk release button, but a replacement faceplate from the RDX remote will fix that.

It's a $$ solution, but it would mean a genuine Honda/Acura OEM part. (I've ordered the Ebay solution pictured in this thread, and I'm staring at it wondering if I want to take my chances)

TSX Flip
Part # 35113-TL0-A00
(That is for Driver 1, For Driver 2 replace the last bit with "A10")

It's $177 from the Honda eStore, but I've found it for $100 if you shop around online.

RDX Faceplate replacement
Part # 35118-STK-A01

That will run about $12

You would have to get it cut and programmed at the dealer, and I've heard quotes for this anywhere between $35-$90.

If I decide to pull the trigger and go for this (which I'm sure I will eventually... I may wait for pay day) I'll keep everyone updated.

Here is a picture of the Acura Flip Key (right) I'm hotlinking to from another forum. It should give you an idea of what it's like:

#16 · (Edited)
#13 ·
In the interest of sharing information, here is the info from our Crosstour keyless entry transponders:

Ver 2.0
72147-TP6-A0
FCC: MLKBHLIK-1T
IC: 2500A-HLIK1T
MODEL: HLIK-1T
Honda Lock Mfg Co. Ltd.
3040G12 A

That FCC info is the important one. (It's what tells us that the 09-10 TSX fob works on the same freq/system as our Crosstour)

#15 ·
Is that 177 for driver 1 and driver 2? What does cutting the key mean exactly?

#19 ·
All right cool... the seller didn't even respond to my email lol. keep me updated cause that key is awesome and would love to swap it... if the price is reasonable tho...

#20 ·
Thanks for the post OP. I bought the shell off eBay for $13 shipped, and got one of the local dealerships to cut it. There's one dealership just outside of my city that doesn't charge anything to cut keys. They only charge money if the transponder needs to be programmed.

Going to finished putting the module from my OEM key into the shell tonight when I get home from work.

WG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.