Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Windshield wipers

9K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  durment 
#1 ·
For those of you who have had your Crosstours through a winter season, how did the wipers perform? They have that one piece look but they still appear to have the standard wiper insert hard mounting points.

#2 ·
Here's my opinion. My 2008 Passat has about 32,000 miles, and has never had the wipers replaced, and they leave only 2 or 3 lines when wiping! My CT has 2,000 miles, and leaves lines everywhere! They haven't even been through a proper winter...maybe just 2 actual snow-on-windshield days. It's a little disappointing...though, the passat's are legit one piece wipers.

#3 ·
Thanks. The reason for the question in the first place is that I was thinking about putting the Crosstour wipers on my Acura TL rather than going with a Bosch Icon or a Michelin Stealth wiper for example. The Crosstour wipers being OE, the fit is much better than those aftermarket options and they look "natural". But if they don't perform well, not much sense in investing the money just to look good.

#4 ·
I went through a mild winter here in VA and lots of rainy days so far with the original wipers still in place. No problems so far. Tried RainX'ing your windshield? I do and it makes all the difference in the world. At highway speeds (I drive to Richmond every weekend almost) I don't even use my wipers and just watch the rain bead right off. At night I can't even tell it's raining sometimes.

#5 ·
I have used Rain-x on our other cars, but I did that when they were past 60k+ miles! Doing it on a new car, honestly, I feel like you are just covering a problem...a problem of having CRAPPY wiper blades.

#6 ·
I went through a hard winter with the Crosstour wipers... they performed great and they are still performing great.

I'm quite pleased with them.

(Of course, I occasionally take one of those wet-nap things and clean the rubber, so I'm sure that helps.)

#7 ·
I went through a hard winter with the Crosstour wipers... they performed great and they are still performing great.

I'm quite pleased with them.

(Of course, I occasionally take one of those wet-nap things and clean the rubber, so I'm sure that helps.)
I clean mine too its nice to just changethe insert only $5 dollars vs the whole blade, even if you have to change them twice a year your still ahead !

#8 ·
Ours did not do well at all. We bought the car new in October, and had to replace the wipers in March. The passenger side wiper wore out early on, and the driver side windshield washer wsa weak. We got "winter" wiper blades put in in March at the dealer, and we are having a problem on the driver's side with that install as well...there is a loose piece of plastic flapping in the wind...need to have the dealer look at it.

#13 ·
Sometimes the cars sit on the lot for a while too, we have had certain cars sit on our lot for up to 1 year,so who knows change them every 2nd or 3rd service.

#15 ·
I actually have a beef with the wipers. Not the blades themselves, but the arms. The driver side arm doesn't put enough downward pressure and once I get over 65-70 it doesn't clean for crap. Has anyone else come across this? I was contemplating just bending the arm a little but haven't tried it yet.

#17 ·
CT Wipers in a heavy rain

My dealer checked out the wipers on my 2011 CT because I can hardly drive the car in a heavy rain. It's not that the wipers don't weep the water away, its that the passenger wiper throws all of its water in front of the driver and by the time the arm swings back the rain has obliterated the vision once again. There seems to never be a clear moment - fast, slow.. In a hard rain what do my fellow CT drivers find? We've not purchased a second CT because of this issue. Wonderful car otherwise.

#18 ·
My dealer checked out the wipers on my 2011 CT because I can hardly drive the car in a heavy rain. It's not that the wipers don't weep the water away, its that the passenger wiper throws all of its water in front of the driver and by the time the arm swings back the rain has obliterated the vision once again. There seems to never be a clear moment - fast, slow.. In a hard rain what do my fellow CT drivers find? We've not purchased a second CT because of this issue. Wonderful car otherwise.
I have never experienced this problem at all.

Not sure what's different.

Have you tried an aftermarket blade? I switched over to the RainX single element curved ones...

(That said, I don't recall having your problem even with the OEM blades.)

#23 ·
Re: Rainex; would NEVER use this product as it is in fact a film; it has to be. But as a film, it causes that inevitable, momentary fog each time the wiper crosses over the glass; it's highest and best use is for boat windshields without wipers. I agree with the poster who likes it that you don't need to use the wipers as often, but when you do, the resulting smear-look with each swipe is just too distracting, especially at night. Plus it's terrible to try to remove Rainex if you try. Nothing seems to work other than a razor blade.

#24 ·
I use Rainex on all of my vehicles and don't find it objectionable at all.

As a matter of fact, I recommend to all of my performance driving students that they use it on their windshields to assist in removing track rubber and grime between driving sessions. I even bring the large bottle of it to the race track so that we can apply it to their windshields there if necessary. I also bring a roll of wide painter's tape to cover their headlight lenses.

#25 ·
I use rain x on all my windows and all my cars that stuff is awesome,been using the blades as well been having great results with them.I get them at Costco.Even on the fairly flat reaer window on the Ct the stuff just slides off.It helps as I tinted over the factory tint

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.