Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Disabling ANC microphones

16K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Amy 
#1 ·
I have read several places than when upgrading to an aftermarker subwoofer that you must disconnect the 16 pin plug from the back of your radio to disable the ANC system to prevent unwanted interference with the new sub. Problem is that after doing so, my bluetooth phone mic. doesnt appaear to be working now.

I am curious if there is a way to disable ANC without having to unplug it, since I really dont want to lose my bluetooth phone connectivity.

#2 · (Edited)
Why not just turn off the ANC?

Using the settings with the radio, you can just turn off the noise canceling system rather than disconnecting it. In where the controls for bass, treble and balance are, just turn to the end of the list and there it is. Turn it to off.

#3 ·
Isnt that just the SVC toggle for the speed sensitive volume control?

Using the settings with the radio, you can just turn off the noise canceling system rather than disconnecting it. In where the controls for bass, treble and balance are, just turn to the end of the list and there it is. Turn it to off.

#4 ·
I thought they were one in the same. If not, since you are upgrading the subwoofer, I would think the best way to stop the factory subwoofer from trying to 'compensate' for your subwoofer would be to simply disconnect it.

Alternatively, if there is only one microphone, locating that and adding a switch to the line feeding it would allow you to disable it for listening, and allow you to enable it for hands-free use. If there is a wire somewhere in the car that goes either ground or hot when the hands-free activates, you could make that switch a relay . . . You'd need wiring diagrams, a meter, and a lot of patience for that. I did something similar with my 1990 Prelude, feeding an aftermarket 12 disc changer into the port for the factory single disc changer accessory. . . My relay swapped sound to the auxiliary line and dropped the power antenna as soon as the wired remote powered up the trunk-mounted changer.

#5 ·
I thought they were one in the same. If not, since you are upgrading the subwoofer, I would think the best way to stop the factory subwoofer from trying to 'compensate' for your subwoofer would be to simply disconnect it.

Alternatively, if there is only one microphone, locating that and adding a switch to the line feeding it would allow you to disable it for listening, and allow you to enable it for hands-free use. If there is a wire somewhere in the car that goes either ground or hot when the hands-free activates, you could make that switch a relay . . . You'd need wiring diagrams, a meter, and a lot of patience for that. I did something similar with my 1990 Prelude, feeding an aftermarket 12 disc changer into the port for the factory single disc changer accessory. . . My relay swapped sound to the auxiliary line and dropped the power antenna as soon as the wired remote powered up the trunk-mounted changer.
After doing some digging I did confirm that the SVC is only the speed sensitive volume control, ANC is a totally seperate beast that cannot be defeated permanently via the HU. Also ANC seems to generate low frequency tones both through the sub, as well as the front speakers so simply not using the sub output wont cure the problem.

I did get some info from driveaccord.com that does seem to indicate a single wire in the harness that can be clipped to defeat ANC, or at worst both microphones for the system can be disabled by unhooking them. Once I get it down pat which works for sure ill post it up here.

#6 ·
Ok latest info... ANC can be disabled by putting your radio into diagnostic mode and turning it off, BUT it only works once. As soon as you restart the car, it turns back on automatically. I did the single wire clip (white wire #4 in the harness over the front interior lights) but that didnt kill it, still got that annoying whoop whoop sound from my subs. Just unplugged the rear ANC mic (which is located just behind the rear interior lights) and it was a PITA to get to, but I got it without having to take the whole headliner out.

Will take it out for a drive a bit later and report on whether or not that finally killed it.

Reactions: enb007
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.