Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Thinking of painting my rims black

11K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Benton 
#1 ·
Hello, I was thinking of painting my stock rims black on my white CT but I don't know how it'll look. I don't know how to explain this but I think it's ridiculous when I see mods done to certain cars that shouldn't have them done. Painting rims, lowering/lifting, blackout headlights etc. I'm sure it won't because I think Crosstours are sporty in a way. I painted my rims when I had my mustang and I loved it. I have only found two pictures of white Crosstours with black rims. And they were aftermarket ones. I just don't want to spend $600+ on new rims. I do like the look of black CT with black wheels. What does everyone think? Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
A professional paint job will easily run you the $600. Ideally, you should dismount the tires and run the color into the inner bead.

If you want black, powder coat would be far superior to paint. It would be way more durable. There may be a wheel company that can supply you with black stock wheels in exchange for yours . . . Plus cost of coating . . . It will give you minimal down time.

Here's a guy doing just that for Camaro rims:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-2010-Cama...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d0472abec

#3 ·
If you arent sure, just plasti-kote them. Tons of people do it to rims (hell some even do entire cars, check youtube!)

Its a pretty durable finish and if you dont like it or ever want to change it, just peel it off! Lots of tutorials on youtube also on how to do the rims on or off the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.