Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Crosstour and resale values

8K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  L8Apex 
#1 ·
Hey all....I love the 2013 Crosstour, and planning to purchase one in the near future, however I am concerned about the resale value of the CT !
I was on a Honda lot today, and they had a 2012 CT...22, 000. miles on it, and they only wanted 25,950 for it ??? That is about 12,000. less in one year than the current price of the EXL AWD with Navi which has a sticker of 37,950.
The resale seems to be much lower than Toyotas, which I have always had, and this is my only concern about buying this car. Do you think it will improve as they sell more ?

#3 ·
I just got a 2010 w 21K miles for $23,400. There was another one I considered, a 2010 with 31K miles for $22,200. Data point from the North East. Not sure if helpful.

#4 ·
Concern is justified

My CT purchase last Dec. was for a previously-opwned 2011 4WD with a lot of extras and 15,000 miles, for $25,500. One of the reasons I believe the prices are relatively low for CTs is that the automotive press hasn't warmed to the car. I think they all followed one another in their collective attitudes, and will eventually start changing their tune. After all, its profile is so similar to the Panamera, a car they just can't not like given it's a Porsche. They didn't like the CT looks at first, and then went out of their way to find other things they didn't like. All this was unfair to the model, but the market is the market. I looked at all this as the opportunity it was, and jumped on the chance to buy a perfectly great vehicle I liked for less than it should be selling for.

Haven't looked at the '13s but I would have to believe that they are discounting them as well, since used models will affect the price of new.

#5 · (Edited)
Manheim Auto Auctions
Transactions as of 4 PM CST today for average condition or better vehicles
Location, Price, Mileage

Crosstour I4 FWD EX-L

Cen Fla $22K 58
GA $21.5K 7370
PA $19.1K 10590
SoCal $22K 17588
SoCal $21.5K 10618

Crosstour V6 AWD EX-L

IL $23.4K 16477
PA $21.2K 20636
SoCal $25K 2134

#7 ·
They made more than they could sell at retail the first couple years. A lot went to rental fleets and are now coming up for sale, couple that with 3-year leases coming up, and there is a lot of them out there. The 2012's that are still around are deeply discounted. I got my 2012 EXL 4wd in december for $26,500 brand new . . . $8800 off sticker. I've seen used 2010s listed on dealer sites for nearly that much, nobody in their right mind is paying that though.

All that said, yes, they are great cars, though if you're planning on a 3 year resale, I'd seriously consider leasing.

#8 ·
All that said, yes, they are great cars, though if you're planning on a 3 year resale, I'd seriously consider leasing.
I needed a winter car and one that met the need to take three 2,000 mile trips each year for family needs. Leasing was the only sensible option for me. I took the $0-down, $0-security, $0-1st month on a 36 month deal for $175 per month. That gave me costs of $2,100-lease, $500-insurance, $700-summer storage, and $200-probable maintenance for an annual cost of $3,500.

I use it for more than I thought I would. So, my summer storage may only be for 5 months; instead of 7.

#9 ·
The crosstours don't sell well that's why resale is low also. I just traded a 2012 EX-L V6 4 WD with 35000 miles best I could do for trade was 21500 had offers as low as 18k that why I shopped 10 different Honda dealers till I got the right deal consider I paid 28500 ten months ago. So that wasn't bad considering the miles driven. And I bought a new 2012 EX -L with nav V6 4wd for 28121 plus 810 destination charge so that is one factor that resale numbers are low unless your stupid you are not paying anything near sticker price and if you keep it for 3 or 4 years it will be better as most depriciation happens in the first and second year

#10 ·
Also my trade is being sold as a certified pre owned for 25400 so their not making much considering they have to certifiy and warranty the car for 100k. Vehicle is at Bernardi Honda in natick mass they will give you the best price on new cars hands down. Also very fast sale and transaction whole thing took me 30 mins

#11 ·
Vehicle is at Bernardi Honda in natick mass they will give you the best price on new cars hands down. Also very fast sale and transaction whole thing took me 30 mins
I'm in Illinois but I buy a lot of OEM parts for my S2000 online from Bernardi. Frequently, their prices are just a little lower than other online vendors and their service and customer communications are great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.