Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Recent 2010 EX 2wd Owner

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CPNY 
#1 ·
Hello,

I don't want to be the downer here, and I loved this car at first sight, but life with my 24K mile CT has been tough.

It appears I am in the unfortunate few category were nothing in the driveline works quite right. You will see other posts to this effect in this forum

Two service visits in the short time I have owned it resulted in a transmission software update and a "that's the way they drive" diagnosis, though the car continues to "shutter", sometimes quite dramatically, between 20 and 27 MPH, and has now developed a tendency to shake at any speed once warm.

I attempted a trade for a 2013 CT 4 cyl EX-L on Dec 31, but because that car came with defective i-MID software, decided to return it. I like the 4 cyl drive, and the idea of 5 to 6 MPG better gas mileage, the updated features like the backup camera and right side camera, and no more VCM (worse feature of the V6 models), but can't trust Honda quality anymore.

Good luck with your cars. I still have the 2010, and I suppose I will just keep trying to get it fixed. Happy New Year.

See less See more
#2 ·
Ow, sorry to hear of your trouble, so far mine has been trouble free but im going to keep my fingers crossed!

#3 ·
Probably not relevant, but very early on in my 2012's career it started sort of shaking and feeling like the transmission wasn't quite getting ahold of itself, so to speak.

It turned out that the right halfshaft going from the front wheel into the trans housing was not fully "locked in" as the Honda guy explained it... not competely seated. They fixed it and the thing has been flawless for 17.000 miles now. This on an AWD 6cyl.

#4 ·
Update on 2010 - leaving troubles behind

McDavid Honda in Frisco, TX set me up with the 2013 after all, and gave me a crazy good deal. So, bye-bye 2010, welcome home 2013. Still the best car out there for me, bar none, and will pray all the bugs are out of proven 2.4L 4 and 5 speed auto.
Great safety features and fantastic customer service brought me back. Still wonder about Honda quality, but McDavid Honda Frisco is a top rate dealership, and they will stand behind the car as much as they can. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.