Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Groaning

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  gibby 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2010 accord cross tour v6. I'm getting a groaning noise from the engine that is more noticable after the engine has warmed up. It doesn't seem to matter whether the car is in ECO or not. Also if U accelerate slowly it is quite noticable. Honda dealer says this is normal, yet I drove 2 other cars and the sound was not as pronounced if noticable at all.
Anyone have any experience with this?

#3 ·
I do notice it a bit on my Crosstour with 20,000 miles. It sounds like you are describing accelerating the Crosstour while in VCM mode. You mentioned that is more noticeable when warm. It is just the sound of 3 or 4 cylinders trying to lay down some torque. When fewer cylinders fire per rotation of the crankshaft, it will inherently sound rougher. When the engine is cold, all cylinders are firing, so you don't notice it the groaning. Minor quirk to me, but I don't mind it, especially since in the back of my head I know I am getting better gas mileage while it "groans" =)

#4 ·
I do notice it a bit on my Crosstour with 20,000 miles. It sounds like you are describing accelerating the Crosstour while in VCM mode. You mentioned that is more noticeable when warm. It is just the sound of 3 or 4 cylinders trying to lay down some torque. When fewer cylinders fire per rotation of the crankshaft, it will inherently sound rougher. When the engine is cold, all cylinders are firing, so you don't notice it the groaning. Minor quirk to me, but I don't mind it, especially since in the back of my head I know I am getting better gas mileage while it "groans" =)

Thanks for this; I have 54700 Km ( about 34000 mi.) so I guess I'm stuck with the sound and hopefully it doesn't get worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.