Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Roof rack or not?

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Gear Jammer 
#1 ·
I'm trying to decide if I should put a roof rack on or not. I just purchased a new 2012 4WD and the dealer said they would throw in a roof rack. They are going to call me to make an appointment. I saw a few pics of CTs with the rack and heard it is noisy with the moonroof open, but I'd like some input from anyone who has one. What do you think of it? I heard that you can take it off and cover the spaces with molding covers, is that true?
Thanks for the input! :)

#2 ·
Everything you said is indeed true for the CT.

I leave mine on year-round, and it is noisy. Considerably more than without (when the moonroof is open).

It does just unbolt and the kit comes with "plugs" to cover up the receptacles when the rack isn't on. But truth-be-told I leave the rack on year-round.

There is at least one thread in the forum already which discussed the rack in depth, and even shows some other aftermarket options.

#4 ·
I've been using a Rage Performance universal roof rack for years. I can fit it to all of our cars (except my S2000, of course). It's rated at 150 pounds but I've had over 300 pounds on it for a 2,500 mile round trip. It fit my Integra, Accord, CRV and I intend to use it on the Crosstour.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.