Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Cargo Privacy Cover

95K views 114 replies 52 participants last post by  ghostrider990 
#1 ·
So, as of two days ago, I'm a so-far happy lessee of a polished metal metallic 2012 EXL with nav crosstour. I like it a lot, I must say. I noticed, however, that I don't have a cargo privacy cover, and I thought I'd read that they came standard. My apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it at all. Anyway, if it's no longer offered, then I'm a bit disappointed, but it seems to have its pros and cons (e.g., where do you store it when you're not using it?) If it's no longer offered, then it was a minor change that honda snuck by from 2011 to 2012. Thanks in advance for any help.

#4 ·
nope no privacy cover.

I checked it the dealer. Turns out Honda (very quietly) actually turned what was standard in the EXL 2011--the privacy cover--into an option for 2012. Weird, and somewhat disappointing. My sales guy (a family friend) is waiting to hear back from the general manager tomorrow about possibly getting me one anyway. My question, before he bothers any further, is it more trouble than it's worth, or are you guys happy to have it?

#6 ·
I checked it the dealer. Turns out Honda (very quietly) actually turned what was standard in the EXL 2011--the privacy cover--into an option for 2012. Weird, and somewhat disappointing. My sales guy (a family friend) is waiting to hear back from the general manager tomorrow about possibly getting me one anyway. My question, before he bothers any further, is it more trouble than it's worth, or are you guys happy to have it?
Yes, I like it but one reason Honda might have gotten rid of it was a lot of articles were written how much of a Pain in the A$$ it was if you had to remove it. Plus if you have to clean that little window you got to remove the1/2 the cover. The hard half too then again there the money thing

#7 ·
I finally got the part list for the cargo screen, it's actually two different parts which is pretty difficult to find in the Honda parts catalog - they're not even in the same category. If this has been posted already, sorry. Prices are from online dealership parts website. Totals around $220.

(1) - 84410-TP6-A02ZA - $121.16
(1) - 84400-TP6-A02ZA - $88.70
(2) - 84402-TP6-A01ZA - $9.26

If anyone has bought these for their 2012, let me know - I'm about to buy and find out if it works.

Thanks

#8 ·
I finally got the part list for the cargo screen, it's actually two different parts which is pretty difficult to find in the Honda parts catalog - they're not even in the same category. If this has been posted already, sorry. Prices are from online dealership parts website. Totals around $220.

(1) - 84410-TP6-A02ZA - $121.16
(1) - 84400-TP6-A02ZA - $88.70
(2) - 84402-TP6-A01ZA - $9.26

If anyone has bought these for their 2012, let me know - I'm about to buy and find out if it works.

Thanks

see #12 link below complet assembly part also you can call them up to confirm
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CROSSTOUR&catcgry2=2011&catcgry3=5DR+EXL+%284WD+NAVI%29&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=SIDE+LINING

#13 ·
I'm not stressing too much about it, really. I just find it a bit annoying that
a) one of the few changes between 2011 and 2012 was to take away something that came standard, and
b) how it looks as though they tried to hide this fact, causing me to feel a bit cheated.

just a little uncool, is all.

#14 ·
Cargo screen

We would not have purchased our Crosstour without the screen. We had many other options for 4-wheel drive, but only one with a screened cargo area. Honda is killing the "golden goose" by leaving the screen off! If Honda starts selling vehicles made in Mexico in the U.S. then they have lost us as a future buyer regardless of the screen being included. Again, too many good vehicles being made in the U.S.!

#15 ·
I took out both the privacy screen and what ever else was back there, wrapped them up in plastic and have them stored in my garage. I use my Crosstour to haul my bicycle or ElliptiGO and they just got in the way.

#16 ·
So, good news, i think... my dealer talked with the manager and they've agreed to get one for me, but they're locating one. (we'll see how that pans out, but it's a good sign.) I asked if they were going to try to match the color, and he said that actually, the privacy cover came in only one color, no matter what color the interior of the car. i would just like to check to see if that's accurate. my car is the gray (metallic metal something) and black leather inside, and a gray-carpeted cargo area. i think if the piece is black or gray, i'd be ok, but i don't want anything like beige, white, red, or hot pink. anyway, thanks again.

#17 ·
I have the same color scheme as you, it is black or gray, black I think. The car is not here so I can't confirm which one. Maybe we can call it taupe. As a guy I insist that there is no such color, I see in 16 colors, not 256.

#20 ·
Hi all, thanks for making this forum post; this past friday, i bought a 2012 EX-L 2WD, Black/Black (no NAV). The car did not come with the cover, and when I asked the Honda Parts team about it they mentioned, "No 2012 accessories were availible with that description / etc".

He did find similar parts to what you described availible for 2010 and 2011 models, but they were not "Accessories" they were parts that came equipped in a car. They said that you'd need:
- Tailgate Lining part
- Side Lining Part
- Tray itself
- Possibly tray to tailgate "cables"

which you also indicate and provide some part numbers.

Both the Side-lining and the Tailgate Lining in my CT do not come w/ the "hooks" or places to connect the Cargo Privacy Cover on the 2012 model...

Honda Parts quoted me about $220 plus tax for parts for the 2011, but he mentioned that they "may not fit".

Did anyone who tried to get the 2011 parts succeed in color matching, installation, and functionality? Were the part numbers you provided correct and complete?

Please advise, I'd like to cover my stuff. Thanks!

P.S. Isn't this car sweet?

#26 ·
Actually, its the rear part of the lid - they call it "shelf" (#2). It snaps into the inside of the bottom of the tailgate and has two strap/clips that attach it to the interior side lining of the tailgate. Does that make sense? I also attached a diagram and photos. You can see it hanging from the tailgate when open.

Attachments

#28 ·
@veasnalong: i look forward to hearing back about whether everything fit well. i still haven't heard anything from the dealership people, who told me that they'd get a cover for my 2012 EXL-Nav and are simply waiting on locating one. once i find that you were successful, i'll be able to hassle them more effectively :)

#29 ·
@veasnalong: i look forward to hearing back about whether everything fit well. i still haven't heard anything from the dealership people, who told me that they'd get a cover for my 2012 EXL-Nav and are simply waiting on locating one. once i find that you were successful, i'll be able to hassle them more effectively :)
is your hatch have Two holes for shelf on both left and right and the hooks? if the new 2012 come with no hole then i don't thing you can install the shelf.

#31 ·
2011 cargo screen DOES fit the 2012

I put everything in and all the attachments/pins were there - all you need are the parts on the list I had posted on this thread earlier. It took all of 5 minutes and only takes a screwdriver (for two screws). I don't know why anyone would post that it's a pain to take out, it just snaps right in/out. My total cost was $250.66 (that's including shipping). By the way - mine is a 2012 EX-L 4WD.

Now for the cargo net - you have to install a couple of rivnuts and drill a couple of holes in the side trim for the hooks, I'm going to install that this weekend. If anyone has done this, please let me know if there are any tips or tricks.

Thanks!

Attachments

#34 · (Edited)
I put everything in and all the attachments/pins were there - all you need are the parts on the list I had posted on this thread earlier. It took all of 5 minutes and only takes a screwdriver (for two screws). I don't know why anyone would post that it's a pain to take out, it just snaps right in/out. My total cost was $250.66 (that's including shipping). By the way - mine is a 2012 EX-L 4WD.

Now for the cargo net - you have to install a couple of rivnuts and drill a couple of holes in the side trim for the hooks, I'm going to install that this weekend. If anyone has done this, please let me know if there are any tips or tricks.

Thanks!
i've done mine with cargo net awhile back and there is no quick way but to follow instruction. the only thing i don't like is the cargo net kind of to close to the rear you will see when your installed.

For the cargo net you need rivet tool cost around $70 BUT i have do home made one from hardware supply

#39 ·
I just got a call from my dealer person. He said that he's got "the shelf". I said, "It comes in more than one piece, right? The two parts of the shelf, and the hooks." He said, "I don't know, it's just in a box." Hmmm... I'll be able to check tomorrow. I have a feeling that it's only going to be part of the system. I'll let you know.

#36 ·
veasnalong - thanks for the advice

i have a $25 rivnut tool i bought online a while back for my 2010 accord - i put the cargo hooks in with it - check it out: http://www.rivetnuttool.com/#application - works pretty well.

i like honda's detailed instructions - nice that they're easy to follow. i've put a good bit of extra accessories on my 2010 accord - including some crosstour wheels i got on ebay for $300! i got alot of stuff from college hills honda - they have several accesories you can't get elsewhere - ought to check them out.

let me know if you have any more tips/tricks for the crosstour - thanks again!

Attachments

#37 · (Edited)
i have a $25 rivnut tool i bought online a while back for my 2010 accord - i put the cargo hooks in with it - check it out: http://www.rivetnuttool.com/#application - works pretty well.

i like honda's detailed instructions - nice that they're easy to follow. i've put a good bit of extra accessories on my 2010 accord - including some crosstour wheels i got on ebay for $300! i got alot of stuff from college hills honda - they have several accesories you can't get elsewhere - ought to check them out.

let me know if you have any more tips/tricks for the crosstour - thanks again!

i got parts most form majestic honda but i do shop around to find cheap price as well.
are you going to do back up sensors too?
mine done took me about 3-4 hurs removed and installed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.