Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Trip computer timming is off

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  chefmark 
#1 ·
Hi, I noticed that when I enter an address on the gps and it calculates the km to destination and time that the time is always completly off. Exemple: I will have 300km to destination and they're given me a time of like 5hrs. it's not a pedal bike i'm driving!!!Lol

Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I drove from NYC to Chicago and back using the GPS on my 2012 (awesome!). I did notice that 15 minutes of real time was a few minutes faster than 15 minutes of GPS time (and I was doing about 10 miles over the regular speed limit). On a 14 hour trip, the GPS was about 2 hours slower.
I also noticed that the time on my clock changed automatically when I entered the next time zone. Cool!

#3 ·
I think the problem might be that you are using Kilometers and not miles :D

If I am thinking like the computer it’s looking at the roads and speed limits on a road. Then it calculates the time it will take you to get to your destination. Since we all never really travel at the posted speed limit exactly then the computer is going to overestimate your drive time. I doubt the computer would underestimate the travel time since most of go faster than the posted speed limit. The computer might also take in account traffic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.