Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Just joined the forum

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DraEagWol 
#1 ·
I got our CT for my wife about 6 months ago. It only has 3,200 miles on it but we really love the car. It's our first Honda car, although we have a 1988 GL1500 with over 165,000 miles on it so we're familiar with Honda reliability. Was going to change the oil this weekend since it's been over 6 months of mostly in town driving but might wait now after reading some of the posts. I can't find any conventional 0w-20 oil so bought Mobil 1 synthetic. Do I dare wait longer to change the oil?

#2 · (Edited)
First oil change is due (according to my dealer) at 5,000 miles. My dealer performs the first oil change free of charge. There is a meter on the dash that tells you the percentage of life left in the oil. Just push the trip odometer until you get there. I think it is twice, but once you push it you have to continue to push until you return to the original setting and you will be able to see this feature. Welcome to the forum. My '11 CT has about 25,000 miles on it and my '12 CT has just over 2,500 miles on it. Oh, and to get regular 0w-20 oil, you have to go to the dealer. At my location, this is not a bad thing. The dealer charges less than WalMart to change the oil.

#3 ·
Thanks for your input. I've decided to wait on the oil change. Everything I read says wait until the maintenance minder tells you to do it or once a year. Glad to hear you can get Honda oil at a reasonable price. I've read that some dealers charge $14 a quart. Too rich for my blood.

#4 ·
On my 2010 I have around 40k miles on it, and I reach 5% oil life about every 9k miles. Coming due for next oil change (B1 on the MM) here in the next few hundred miles or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.