Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Broke "it"

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Tucker 
#1 ·
Time to suck up pride. Jacked it up on the rear center cross member but didn't notice the rock jamming the jack's wheels. Car slipped off since the jack couldn't move with the car (I wasn't under it) and subsequently the jack jammed "it".

In the rear axle center area there is a steel bracket surrounding some electronic. The bracket is bent and the electronics's housing is cracked (car runs, no warning lights, etc.).

Can't find any diagram to show me what "it" is (of course it is difficult to search for "it"). Gotta leave town on Tuesday so I guess I will swallow my pride and take it to Honda and pay them to tell what "it" is and what "it" surrounds.

Sometimes it seems that I can **** up a rock in my sleep!

#2 ·
Major bummer. I have two old Snap-On floor jacks from the early 80's that are quite tolerant of crap around the wheels (and can clear a late model Corvair with < 5" of clearance :)).

Hope the damage was minimal.

#3 ·
Yep, I have a 2 ton low profile HF (which I wasn't using) for my Z clearance and a Craftsman 4 ton (which I was using and not paying attention). I am pretty sure the damage was isolated to the bracket/cage piece and just cracked the plastic housing for the electronics.

I am thinking the plastic housing is for dirt and rain kinda thing. I am looking for something on Accord sites (can't believe the design for this piece would have changed) but it is difficult to search for "thingy". Have asked College Hills for some help (have had good results from them before).

Must get on a plane soon so this has to wait, but I would like to get my ducks in a row before I pull it apart.

#4 ·
#6 ·
Well, I got it out and straighten out the cage. It has a hose to the (I think) filler tube, a couple of wires and one vacuum line. It is stamped with MU265WB and PA66. It also contains a Mahle air cleaner in it. Still have found zero references but the box is patched with epoxy until I can find a replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.