Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Cargo Privacy Cover

95K views 114 replies 52 participants last post by  ghostrider990 
#1 ·
So, as of two days ago, I'm a so-far happy lessee of a polished metal metallic 2012 EXL with nav crosstour. I like it a lot, I must say. I noticed, however, that I don't have a cargo privacy cover, and I thought I'd read that they came standard. My apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it at all. Anyway, if it's no longer offered, then I'm a bit disappointed, but it seems to have its pros and cons (e.g., where do you store it when you're not using it?) If it's no longer offered, then it was a minor change that honda snuck by from 2011 to 2012. Thanks in advance for any help.

#41 ·
barmstrong, et al.: I appreciate your info on the cover as I was looking for the same thing. FYI: I talked w/ College Hills today and used those part numbers for my 2012 and they indicated that there are a new/different set of numbers for a 2012:

Liner 84400-TP6-A03ZA.
Hooks 84402-TP6-A01ZA (need two).
Shelf 84410-TP6-A03ZA.

Those numbers don't really show up anywhere at this point but they (College Hills Honda) spent some time looking for an answer for me and said that they could get those items. No, I haven't order it yet.

#43 ·
Woohoo! My privacy cover is installed. I'm now a happy camper. After giving the the explicit part numbers from barmstrong447 (the 2011 numbers), they ordered what I needed and actually installed it for me. Of course, my mother-in-law's husband had worked in sales there for many years, and is good friends with the general manager, so I don't know if I'm just lucky or if this is how this dealer works with everyone. In any case, thank you all for your feedback. I'm much happier now that the rest of the car is there. Also, it's REALLY easy to put in and remove, so no more complaints.

#49 ·
Great info!

This thread has been very helpful. I just leased a new 2012 Crosstour EX (black) two days ago, and I too asked why it didn't come with a cargo cover. After going back and forth with my salesman (who first said there wasn't one available), he said someone in parts finally found the 84410-TP6-A03ZA part in the system for $186 before tax. But now I see that I need the other parts as well so I'm glad I'll have this information when I call back to inquire/order. I hope it's doesn't take too long to come in. Even some of the cheapest hatchbacks come with a cargo cover to conceal items you put back there... so I don't understand why it isn't a standard part on this vehicle. Love the car so far, but I still have to get accustomed to the rear view camera. I find myself trying to look around the image in the mirror to see what I would normally see there. LOL! But I'm sure that'll come with time.... right?

#50 ·
I ended up ordering the flat piece that goes in the slots and tethers to the rear hatch. This has been a good option for us as this piece can slide back and forth on the track and conceal items when we go shopping.

Looking at the design, I think that Honda took the other piece that attaches to the back hatch out because it eliminates any chance of being able to see out of that portion of the rear window under the wing. Obviously there's not much viewing area there, but it does help at times to be able to see through that area.

We are designing a retractable shade that will conceal the remaining cargo area and I'll share the results and plans after we test it.

#51 ·
Good tip, thanks! Is the piece you ordered considered the shelf or the liner?And do keep us posted on that retractable shade. My 4Runner has one. I also think I need to remove the middle head rest in the back seat to see better as well.

#52 ·
Yes...it's the shelf that we have and it really helped a lot without compromising any rear visability.

As far as the middle head rest, make sure that it is down when it's not being used. I tried both ways just to see the difference, and didn't notice any change at all.

Take care - - -

#55 ·
>This has been a good option for us as this piece can slide back and forth on the track and conceal items when we go shopping.

I just noticed that. Slides in the track? I just installed the liner on my 2012, I don't see a way to slide the liner, am I missing something?

#56 ·
I think what was meant is that if you don't attach the piece on the hatch, and you don't connect the strings on the mesh piece, you could conceivably "slide" it back and forth on the lip.

(Instead of putting it in the hinge spot and having it raise automatically.)

#58 ·
Hi Tucker - Sorry about that. I've been enjoying some heart problems over the last few days. Needless to say, I'm missing the Crosstour right now.

Xaque is absolutely correct. We've found that by disconnecting the strings from the hatch, it allows us the flexibility of moving the shelf back to the rear of the track, thus helping to conceal our cargo. In everyday situations, we keep the strings fastened and the shelf on the hinge as it was originally intended.

I've designed two retractable covers, but haven't built them yet. One integrates with the shelf, and offers flexibility based on the owner's needs, and the other is completely independent in it's operation.

Take care, and thanks again Xaque for all that you do.

#63 · (Edited)
For those still researching this, the 2012 part numbers (A03) are a little cheaper. Hondaautomotiveparts.com(Majestic) seems to be cheapest compared to College Hills and Bernardi, my three favorites. The hooks are the same part #.
The items are all the same BTW, there is no difference between the A02 number on '10 and '11's, and the A03 number for the '12, other than slightly lower prices.

2- 84402-TP6-A01ZA HOOK, RR. SHELF *NH167L* $8.30 (4.15ea)
1- 84400-TP6-A03ZA LINER, TAILGATE $83.44
1- 84410-TP6-A03ZA COVER, CARGO *NH167L* $104.45

Subtotal $196.19
*Sales Tax: $0.00
**Shipping Charge $17.14 (to Atlanta)
Handling Charge $4.95
Total $218.28

#70 ·
I had posted earlier about this screen - I like it, but my wife hates it. It's her car and she transports several large items for her work at the hospital. She has thus asked me to sell it. If interested, let me know - its black with all hardware for install. I'm in Knoxville, TN and asking $150. It's in excellent condition. Let me know.

#73 ·
I asked about the Cargo Cover when I picked up my 2012 EX-L w/Nav in June. The Salesman made a few calls and told me it was one of the changes Honda made to increase rear visibility. I guess it blocks that lower rear glass when it is installed.
This is incorrect. It installs below the lower glass.

What *really* blocks rear visibility through the lower glass is the rear seats. Lowering those is remarkable.

#75 ·
Just bought a certified 2011 AWD with 15k miles. Dealer was exceptionally deceptive IMO. When I asked where the cargo cover was, he said Honda never included it since the beginning of time, but that it was an accessory. I asked him to point out the accessory in the Crosstour Accessory booklet, and of course it wasn't listed, after which they hemmed and hawed not knowing what to say, other than the new 2012 in the showroom doesn't have one. I asked why the slots for such a device were still clearly shown, and that cars from 1977 or so had a cargo cover included in virtually every non-basic hatchback known to man, they had no answer. It got worse. When we made it to the "finance guy," he allowed as how the bumper to bumper 36mo/36k warranty was no longer applicable, that the b to b coverage expired after 12 months, but that he had a "wrap" maintenance contract for $1900 that would cover everything. Having been through this type of purchasing routine before, but not at a Honda dealer, I managed to steal the car and not buy anything other than what already was on or in the car (which already had the beautiful $2400 chrome wheels, dura shield on hood and door edges, roof rack, unused snowboard attachments, wheel lug locks, cargo tray, & mud flaps). Bought it complete for $24,500. Won't be going back to this dealer for any service. Oh, and when filling out the financial paperwork, you know, the fifty sheets of stuff that they put in front of your face while waiting for you to not read or know anything about, well, the finance guy had included an "As is, Limited Warranty" which was 30 days/3000 miles. When I asked about this, he said all their used cars come with this; when I declared this seemed superfluous given that this was a Honda Certified car, he looked puzzled. I produced an iPhone image of the color ad they were running online indicating it was indeed a Certified vehicle, he was startled and had to show his boss in some remote location no one knows about; but upon return, allowed as how, yes, it was a Certified car, which as we all know, covers an additional 12mo/12000mi over and above the 36/36k regular warranty, plus the drive train etc. Rather than argue with this twit I simply got out of there with the car intact and paid for. I'm hoping for better relationships with another dealer.

#76 ·
Wow... sounds like a shady dealership. Maybe issue a complaint with Honda Canada/USA about the dealership. Explain the situation and what the dealership tried to do. You did get a great deal on your CT, but Honda should still be made aware of the BS you dealt with.

WG

#79 ·
privacy shelf

I just bought my second CT (both EX L6 w/o navi). Wife drives a 2011 and I've just got the 2012. Both came with that privacy shelf. It only comes in black. We found an advantage to having the shelf in two pieces. On a long road trip with four adults and fully loaded, we removed the part of the shelf which was immediately behind the rear seat and put it on top of the luggage under the rear shelf. We put a cooler in the cargo area behind the left rear seat. This would allow rear seat passengers access to iced beverages without having to share the seat with the cooler.

#80 ·
Cargo cover

I just got a 2013 Crosstour EX-Nav and it did not come with a cargo compartment cover unlike my CRV EX that came with it. Is this maybe an accessory. I did not seem to notice it in the list of acc unless I missed it. So far I like it and the features. Still trying to get use to the gadgets.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.