Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Torque Specs, Fluid Quantities, Fluid Types and Other Stuff

52K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  RanDice8 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

The following reference is a list of Fluid Types, Fluid Quantities, Torque Values and other (hopefully) helpful information to help you maintain the CT. It is based on the Honda Crosstour Service Manuals, Volumes 1 & 2 for the 2010 and 2011 models. For those of you with the 2012 models, I listed the bolt size when referencing torque values; many should be the same as the 2011 model. Obviously, do not attempt any type of service for any reason if you are unaware of exactly what you are doing. I hate to say it, but I will not be held responsible for injury or damage as a result of the information listed below. If the moderator(s) will allow it, I hope to make this a living thread so please feel free to ask to have anything added, edited or verified.

The information below is for all models unless noted, i.e. 4WD/FWD and/or 2010/2011.

Torques are lbf.ft., measurements are mm, pressures are psi and temperatures are F.

Engine Code
J35Z2

Engine Type
3.5 Liter, Single Overhead Cam, i-VTEC, Variable Cylinder Management, Sequential Multiport Fuel Injected Engine

Voltage
12 Volts

Firing Order
1-4-2-5-3-6

Sparkplugs
NGK
ILZKR7B11
DENSO
SXU22HCR11

Alternator Output
13.5 Volts/110 Amps

Coil Resistance
3.6 Ohms at 68 degrees F

Compression
Minimum
134.8 psi
Maximum Variation
29 psi

Jacking Methods
Front
Side jack points or front center jack bracket.
Rear
Side jack points ONLY. Do not use the rear differential (4WD), rear sub-frame or rear suspension components. (I am in the process of having a friend fabricate a 2” steel jack bar for the rear with non-sliding jack points for the jack rails on the car and a non-sliding jack point that will be welded in the center of the bar. I’ll try to get a picture up when it’s done.)

Wheel Lug Nuts
80 lbf-ft (Hand fasten and seat all then torque every other, i.e. 1-3-5-2-4

Engine Air Filter
Torques (4 Bolts) (6 x 1.00mm)
7.2 lbf.ft

Engine Oil (0W-20)
Oil Quantity
Engine overhaul
5.3 US qt
Oil change with filter change
4.5 US qt
Oil change without filter change
4.2 US qt
Torques
Oil drain plug (Always use new crush washer)
29 lbf.ft
Oil filter (Wipe filter gasket with new oil)
9 lbf.ft

Coolant (Honda Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant Type 2)
Coolant Quantity
Engine overhaul
2.27 US gal
Coolant change
1.74 US gal
Coolant Reservoir
0.18 US gal
Radiator Cap
Opens at 13.5-17.8psi
Thermostat
Opens at 169-176 degrees
Fully open at 194 degrees
Torque
Engine Block Coolant Drain Bolt
7lbf.ft

PCV Valve (Use new O rings)
Torque
9 lbf.ft

Fuel
Capacity
18.5 US gal
Fuel Pressure
57-64 psi
Idle Speed
650+/-50 no load
799+/-50 under load

Transmission Fluid (Use Only Honda DW-1)
Quantity
(4WD) Engine Overhaul
8.3 US qt
(4WD) Fluid Change
3.0 US qt
(2WD) Engine Overhaul
7.9 US qt
(2WD) Fluid Change
3.5 US qt
Torques
Transmission Fluid Drain Plug (Always use new crush washer)
36 lbf.ft
Transmission Fluid Filler Bolt (Always use new crush washer)
32 lbf.ft

Transfer Assembly (GL4 or GL 5 SAE 90 hypoid gear oil)
Quantity
Overhaul
.48 US qt
Fluid Change
.43 US qt
Torques
Oil Drain Plug (Always use new crush washer)
32 lbf.ft
Oil Filler Plug (Always use new crush washer)
32 lbf.ft

Rear Differential (Honda Dual Pump Fluid II)
Quantity
Overhaul
1.5 US qt
Fluid Change
1.3 US qt
Torques
35 lbf.ft
Oil Filler plug (Always use new crush washer)
35 lbf.ft

Power Steering (Honda Power Steering Fluid)
Quantity
System Capacity
1.2 US qt
Reservoir Capacity
.34 US qt

Parking Brake
Should set within 7 to 9 clicks with 44.1 lbs of force.

Brakes & Brake Fluid (Honda DOT 3)
Bleed Pattern
Front Left, Front Right, Rear Right, Rear Left
Torques
Front Bleed Nipple
6.3 lbf.ft
Front Brake Hose Bracket Retaining Bolt 8 x 1.25mm
16 lbf.ft
Front Caliper to Caliper Bracket Bolts 10 x 1.0mm
37 lbf.ft
Front Caliper Bracket to Knuckle Bolts 14 x 1.5mm
101 lbf.ft
Front Disc to Hub Bolts (Phillips Screw) 6 x 1.0mm
6.9 lbf.ft
Rear Bleed Nipple
6.3 lbf.ft
Rear Brake Hose Bracket Retaining Bolt 8 x 1.25mm
16 lbf.ft
Rear Caliper to Caliper Bracket Bolts 8 x 1.0mm
17 lbf.ft
Rear Caliper Bracket to Knuckle Bolts 12 x 1.25mm
80 lbf.ft
Rear Disc to Hub Bolts (Phillips Screw) 6 x 1.0mm
6.9 lbf.ft
Service Limits
Front Brake Pads Minimum Thickness
1.6mm
Front Brake Disc
26mm (Refinishing Limit)
Rear Brake Pads Minimum Thickness
1.6mm
Rear Brake Disc
8mm (Refinishing Limit)
Parking Brake Pad Minimum thickness
1mm

Engine Under Cover
There are eleven body molding fasteners that attach the undercover to the vehicle (six along the front bumper cover, two on the driver side and three on the passenger side. Remove them and the undercover will come off.

Drive Belt
2010 – Drive Belt Auto Tensioner - Hydraulically Actuated (Pressure with socket wrench should be steady and the stroke should take 3 seconds)
Take one minute and draw a diagram of the belt/pulley pattern. Working over the engine, attach a socket and wrench/breaker bar (2010 Owners, forward the socket size to me and I’ll add it) to the tensioner and push straight back toward the rear of the vehicle; thus, releasing the tension on the belt and remove the belt.
2011 – Drive Belt Auto Tensioner – Spring Actuated (Make sure the socket or wrench attachment is set and secure on the upper pulley bolt. If it slips, it’s not going to be good for your fingers.
Take one minute and draw a diagram of the belt/pulley pattern. Working over the engine, attach a socket or wrench attachment and wrench/breaker bar (2011 Owners, forward the socket or wrench attachment size to me and I’ll add it) to the upper tensioner pulley and push straight back toward the rear of the vehicle; thus, releasing the tension on the belt and remove the belt. (Note: These threads are reverse threaded; you will not loosen anything)

Tensioner Pulley Removal
2010 – Hydraulically Actuated
Remove the belt. Remove the engine under cover. There are two bolts. One is a 12 x 1.25 and the other is a 8 x 1.25. Remove those and the tensioner will come off. Installation is the reverse. Conduct the air bleed as described below.
Torques
Upper Tensioner Pulley Bolt 12 x 1.25 (Clean the bolt and washer and apply a light coat of new oil to the bolt and the washer.)
55 lbf.ft
Lower Tensioner Pulley Bolt 8 x 1.25
16 lbf.ft

2011 – Spring Actuated
Remove the belt. Remove the engine under cover. There are two bolts. One is a 10 x 1.5 and the other is a 8 x 1.25. Remove those and the tensioner will come off. Installation is the reverse.
Torques
Upper Tensioner Pulley Bolt 10 x 1.5mm
33 lbf.ft
Lower Tensioner Pulley Bolt 8 x 1.25mm
16 lbf.ft

Drive Belt Auto-Tensioner Air Bleed
2010 Models Only
Remove the belt. Fully compress and decompress the tensioner three times taking three seconds per stroke. (Should be six strokes total) (Yes, I know how that sounds)

Driveline Axle Spindle Nut (AKA Crankshaft Pulley or Harmonic Balancer)
!!!WARNING!!! – SEVERE RISK OF DEATH – THEY ALMOST DOUBLE THE TORQUE VALUES AT THE FACTORY – WHEN REMOVING, IF YOU ARE ABLE TO APPLY THIS MUCH PRESSURE TO THE VEHICLE BY USING A BREAKER BAR WHILE UNDER THE VEHICLE, THEN THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE YOU CAN PULL THE VEHICLE FORWARD OFF OF THE JACKSTANDS IF THE FOUNDATION ISN’T LEVEL – BE CAREFUL!
Torques (Ensure all mating surfaces are clean and apply new oil to the mating surface of the bolt)
24mm Nut
181 lbf.ft
26mm Nut
242 lbf.ft

Dust and Pollen Filter Replacement (Air Condition Air Filter)
1) Open and empty the glove compartment.
2) Where the glove box damper attaches to the glove box door on the right side – push the damper down and forward until is separates.
3) Lower the glove box slowly and let it hang down.
4) Locate and release the tab(s) that secure the filter.
5) Pull the filter assembly straight back and out.
6) Replace the filter element with the new one.
7) Installation is the reverse. Set the damper by hooking the pin and gently pulling the arm forward until it sets into place.

Tire Pressure Management System (TPMS)
The CT TPMS is a speed actuated system that comes on after 28mph and updates every minute. If low pressure is detected in a tire, the Low Tire Pressure Indicator will come on. If the TPMS detects a fault in the system (low sensor voltage, no sensor signal), the TPMS light will come on. After driving at speeds under 28 mph or being stopped, the TPMS will continue to operate for five minutes. Afterwards, the system will go into sleep mode until the CT reaches 28mph once again.

The light will come on when the pressure reaches 25 psi in all models (27 psi in the 2011 AWD model). The light will go off after the vehicle reaches 28mph and the tire pressure is above 29 psi in all models (30 psi in the 2011 AWD model).

Remember:
1) Air pressure decreases by 1.5 psi for every 10 degree F drop in temperature.
2) The TPMS sensors use lithium batteries. -4 degree weather and lower may cause power output to drop causing the TPMS light to come on.
3) The spare does not have a TPMS sensor; thus, the light will come on until the tire is replaced.
4) Fluid based tire repair sealant can damage the sensor. It can also prevent the sensor from detecting pressure.

Alternator
When alternators fail, one of the usual culprits are worn brushes. The brush housing Honda uses for the CT, and countless other models, is easily removed, inspected and, replaced (Minimum service usages for the brushes is 1.5 mm). Also ensure the battery is in good health, the terminals are clean and the battery terminal contacts are tight.
Removal-
1) Raise and support the front of the vehicle.
2) Open the hood and disconnect the negative (-) terminal.
3) Remove the engine under cover.
4) Disconnect the AC condenser fan electrical connector and the wire harness.
5) From under the vehicle, LOOSEN the two bolts that hold the AC condenser fan housing.
6) Remove the Coolant reservoir (The hose will pull from the radiator neck and the reservoir will pop up and slide out of its harness)
7) From over the vehicle, remove the two bolts that hold the AC condenser fan housing and remove the AC condenser fan housing from the engine compartment.
8) Remove the drive belt.
9) Disconnect the alternator connector cable, the Positive (+) alternator cable, the AC compressor clutch electrical connector harness attached to the alternator, the AC compressor clutch electrical connection from the AC compressor and the bolt securing the alternator electrical wire harness to the alternator.

Installation is reverse order of removal. Take care not to drop the AC condenser fan housing back into place; breaking the radiator drain petcock housing would really suck.
Torques
Upper Alternator Mounting Bolt 8 x 1.25mm
16 lbf.ft
Lower Alternator Mounting Bolt 10 x 1.25mm
33 lbf.ft
Wire Harness to Alternator Bolt 6 x 1.0mm
9 lbf.ft
Alternator Connector Nut 8 x 1.25mm
9 lbf.ft
AC Condenser Fan Housing Bolts 6 x 1.0mm
5.2 lbf.ft

See less See more
#16 ·
The following reference is a list of Fluid Types, Fluid Quantities, Torque Values and other (hopefully) helpful information to help you maintain the CT. It is based on the Honda Crosstour Service Manuals, Volumes 1 & 2 for the 2010 and 2011 models. For those of you with the 2012 models, I listed the bolt size when referencing torque values; many should be the same as the 2011 model. Obviously, do not attempt any type of service for any reason if you are unaware of exactly what you are doing. I hate to say it, but I will not be held responsible for injury or damage as a result of the information listed below. If the moderator(s) will allow it, I hope to make this a living thread so please feel free to ask to have anything added, edited or verified. The information below is for all models unless noted, i.e. 4WD/FWD and/or 2010/2011. Torques are lbf.ft., measurements are mm, pressures are psi and temperatures are F. Engine Code J35Z2 Engine Type 3.5 Liter, Single Overhead Cam, i-VTEC, Variable Cylinder Management, Sequential Multiport Fuel Injected Engine Voltage 12 Volts Firing Order 1-4-2-5-3-6 Sparkplugs NGK ILZKR7B11 DENSO SXU22HCR11 Alternator Output 13.5 Volts/110 Amps Coil Resistance 3.6 Ohms at 68 degrees F Compression Minimum 134.8 psi Maximum Variation 29 psi Jacking Methods Front Side jack points or front center jack bracket. Rear Side jack points ONLY. Do not use the rear differential (4WD), rear sub-frame or rear suspension components. (I am in the process of having a friend fabricate a 2” steel jack bar for the rear with non-sliding jack points for the jack rails on the car and a non-sliding jack point that will be welded in the center of the bar. I’ll try to get a picture up when it’s done.) Wheel Lug Nuts 80 lbf-ft (Hand fasten and seat all then torque every other, i.e. 1-3-5-2-4 Engine Air Filter Torques (4 Bolts) (6 x 1.00mm) 7.2 lbf.ft Engine Oil (0W-20) Oil Quantity Engine overhaul 5.3 US qt Oil change with filter change 4.5 US qt Oil change without filter change 4.2 US qt Torques Oil drain plug (Always use new crush washer) 29 lbf.ft Oil filter (Wipe filter gasket with new oil) 9 lbf.ft Coolant (Honda Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant Type 2) Coolant Quantity Engine overhaul 2.27 US gal Coolant change 1.74 US gal Coolant Reservoir 0.18 US gal Radiator Cap Opens at 13.5-17.8psi Thermostat Opens at 169-176 degrees Fully open at 194 degrees Torque Engine Block Coolant Drain Bolt 7lbf.ft PCV Valve (Use new O rings) Torque 9 lbf.ft Fuel Capacity 18.5 US gal Fuel Pressure 57-64 psi Idle Speed 650+/-50 no load 799+/-50 under load Transmission Fluid (Use Only Honda DW-1) Quantity (4WD) Engine Overhaul 8.3 US qt (4WD) Fluid Change 3.0 US qt (2WD) Engine Overhaul 7.9 US qt (2WD) Fluid Change 3.5 US qt Torques Transmission Fluid Drain Plug (Always use new crush washer) 36 lbf.ft Transmission Fluid Filler Bolt (Always use new crush washer) 32 lbf.ft Transfer Assembly (GL4 or GL 5 SAE 90 hypoid gear oil) Quantity Overhaul .48 US qt Fluid Change .43 US qt Torques Oil Drain Plug (Always use new crush washer) 32 lbf.ft Oil Filler Plug (Always use new crush washer) 32 lbf.ft Rear Differential (Honda Dual Pump Fluid II) Quantity Overhaul 1.5 US qt Fluid Change 1.3 US qt Torques Oil Drain Plug (Always use new crush washer) 35 lbf.ft Oil Filler plug (Always use new crush washer) 35 lbf.ft Power Steering (Honda Power Steering Fluid) Quantity System Capacity 1.2 US qt Reservoir Capacity .34 US qt Parking Brake Should set within 7 to 9 clicks with 44.1 lbs of force. Brakes & Brake Fluid (Honda DOT 3) Bleed Pattern Front Left, Front Right, Rear Right, Rear Left Torques Front Bleed Nipple 6.3 lbf.ft Front Brake Hose Bracket Retaining Bolt 8 x 1.25mm 16 lbf.ft Front Caliper to Caliper Bracket Bolts 10 x 1.0mm 37 lbf.ft Front Caliper Bracket to Knuckle Bolts 14 x 1.5mm 101 lbf.ft Front Disc to Hub Bolts (Phillips Screw) 6 x 1.0mm 6.9 lbf.ft Rear Bleed Nipple 6.3 lbf.ft Rear Brake Hose Bracket Retaining Bolt 8 x 1.25mm 16 lbf.ft Rear Caliper to Caliper Bracket Bolts 8 x 1.0mm 17 lbf.ft Rear Caliper Bracket to Knuckle Bolts 12 x 1.25mm 80 lbf.ft Rear Disc to Hub Bolts (Phillips Screw) 6 x 1.0mm 6.9 lbf.ft Service Limits Front Brake Pads Minimum Thickness 1.6mm Front Brake Disc 26mm (Refinishing Limit) Rear Brake Pads Minimum Thickness 1.6mm Rear Brake Disc 8mm (Refinishing Limit) Parking Brake Pad Minimum thickness 1mm Engine Under Cover There are eleven body molding fasteners that attach the undercover to the vehicle (six along the front bumper cover, two on the driver side and three on the passenger side. Remove them and the undercover will come off. Drive Belt 2010 – Drive Belt Auto Tensioner - Hydraulically Actuated (Pressure with socket wrench should be steady and the stroke should take 3 seconds) Take one minute and draw a diagram of the belt/pulley pattern. Working over the engine, attach a socket and wrench/breaker bar (2010 Owners, forward the socket size to me and I’ll add it) to the tensioner and push straight back toward the rear of the vehicle; thus, releasing the tension on the belt and remove the belt. 2011 – Drive Belt Auto Tensioner – Spring Actuated (Make sure the socket or wrench attachment is set and secure on the upper pulley bolt. If it slips, it’s not going to be good for your fingers. Take one minute and draw a diagram of the belt/pulley pattern. Working over the engine, attach a socket or wrench attachment and wrench/breaker bar (2011 Owners, forward the socket or wrench attachment size to me and I’ll add it) to the upper tensioner pulley and push straight back toward the rear of the vehicle; thus, releasing the tension on the belt and remove the belt. (Note: These threads are reverse threaded; you will not loosen anything) Tensioner Pulley Removal 2010 – Hydraulically Actuated Remove the belt. Remove the engine under cover. There are two bolts. One is a 12 x 1.25 and the other is a 8 x 1.25. Remove those and the tensioner will come off. Installation is the reverse. Conduct the air bleed as described below. Torques Upper Tensioner Pulley Bolt 12 x 1.25 (Clean the bolt and washer and apply a light coat of new oil to the bolt and the washer.) 55 lbf.ft Lower Tensioner Pulley Bolt 8 x 1.25 16 lbf.ft 2011 – Spring Actuated Remove the belt. Remove the engine under cover. There are two bolts. One is a 10 x 1.5 and the other is a 8 x 1.25. Remove those and the tensioner will come off. Installation is the reverse. Torques Upper Tensioner Pulley Bolt 10 x 1.5mm 33 lbf.ft Lower Tensioner Pulley Bolt 8 x 1.25mm 16 lbf.ft Drive Belt Auto-Tensioner Air Bleed 2010 Models Only Remove the belt. Fully compress and decompress the tensioner three times taking three seconds per stroke. (Should be six strokes total) (Yes, I know how that sounds) Driveline Axle Spindle Nut (AKA Crankshaft Pulley or Harmonic Balancer) !!!WARNING!!! – SEVERE RISK OF DEATH – THEY ALMOST DOUBLE THE TORQUE VALUES AT THE FACTORY – WHEN REMOVING, IF YOU ARE ABLE TO APPLY THIS MUCH PRESSURE TO THE VEHICLE BY USING A BREAKER BAR WHILE UNDER THE VEHICLE, THEN THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE YOU CAN PULL THE VEHICLE FORWARD OFF OF THE JACKSTANDS IF THE FOUNDATION ISN’T LEVEL – BE CAREFUL! Torques (Ensure all mating surfaces are clean and apply new oil to the mating surface of the bolt) 24mm Nut 181 lbf.ft 26mm Nut 242 lbf.ft Dust and Pollen Filter Replacement (Air Condition Air Filter) 1) Open and empty the glove compartment. 2) Where the glove box damper attaches to the glove box door on the right side – push the damper down and forward until is separates. 3) Lower the glove box slowly and let it hang down. 4) Locate and release the tab(s) that secure the filter. 5) Pull the filter assembly straight back and out. 6) Replace the filter element with the new one. 7) Installation is the reverse. Set the damper by hooking the pin and gently pulling the arm forward until it sets into place. Tire Pressure Management System (TPMS) The CT TPMS is a speed actuated system that comes on after 28mph and updates every minute. If low pressure is detected in a tire, the Low Tire Pressure Indicator will come on. If the TPMS detects a fault in the system (low sensor voltage, no sensor signal), the TPMS light will come on. After driving at speeds under 28 mph or being stopped, the TPMS will continue to operate for five minutes. Afterwards, the system will go into sleep mode until the CT reaches 28mph once again. The light will come on when the pressure reaches 25 psi in all models (27 psi in the 2011 AWD model). The light will go off after the vehicle reaches 28mph and the tire pressure is above 29 psi in all models (30 psi in the 2011 AWD model). Remember: 1) Air pressure decreases by 1.5 psi for every 10 degree F drop in temperature. 2) The TPMS sensors use lithium batteries. -4 degree weather and lower may cause power output to drop causing the TPMS light to come on. 3) The spare does not have a TPMS sensor; thus, the light will come on until the tire is replaced. 4) Fluid based tire repair sealant can damage the sensor. It can also prevent the sensor from detecting pressure. Alternator When alternators fail, one of the usual culprits are worn brushes. The brush housing Honda uses for the CT, and countless other models, is easily removed, inspected and, replaced (Minimum service usages for the brushes is 1.5 mm). Also ensure the battery is in good health, the terminals are clean and the battery terminal contacts are tight. Removal- 1) Raise and support the front of the vehicle. 2) Open the hood and disconnect the negative (-) terminal. 3) Remove the engine under cover. 4) Disconnect the AC condenser fan electrical connector and the wire harness. 5) From under the vehicle, LOOSEN the two bolts that hold the AC condenser fan housing. 6) Remove the Coolant reservoir (The hose will pull from the radiator neck and the reservoir will pop up and slide out of its harness) 7) From over the vehicle, remove the two bolts that hold the AC condenser fan housing and remove the AC condenser fan housing from the engine compartment. 8) Remove the drive belt. 9) Disconnect the alternator connector cable, the Positive (+) alternator cable, the AC compressor clutch electrical connector harness attached to the alternator, the AC compressor clutch electrical connection from the AC compressor and the bolt securing the alternator electrical wire harness to the alternator. Installation is reverse order of removal. Take care not to drop the AC condenser fan housing back into place; breaking the radiator drain petcock housing would really suck. Torques Upper Alternator Mounting Bolt 8 x 1.25mm 16 lbf.ft Lower Alternator Mounting Bolt 10 x 1.25mm 33 lbf.ft Wire Harness to Alternator Bolt 6 x 1.0mm 9 lbf.ft Alternator Connector Nut 8 x 1.25mm 9 lbf.ft AC Condenser Fan Housing Bolts 6 x 1.0mm 5.2 lbf.ft
If i need to tighten or replace the washers on the oil pan?

#18 ·
The following reference is a list of Fluid Types, Fluid Quantities, Torque Values and other (hopefully) helpful information to help you maintain the CT. It is based on the Honda Crosstour Service Manuals, Volumes 1 & 2 for the 2010 and 2011 models. For those of you with the 2012 models, I listed the bolt size when referencing torque values; many should be the same as the 2011 model. Obviously, do not attempt any type of service for any reason if you are unaware of exactly what you are doing. I hate to say it, but I will not be held responsible for injury or damage as a result of the information listed below. If the moderator(s) will allow it, I hope to make this a living thread so please feel free to ask to have anything added, edited or verified.

The information below is for all models unless noted, i.e. 4WD/FWD and/or 2010/2011.

Torques are lbf.ft., measurements are mm, pressures are psi and temperatures are F.

Engine Code
J35Z2

Engine Type
3.5 Liter, Single Overhead Cam, i-VTEC, Variable Cylinder Management, Sequential Multiport Fuel Injected Engine

Voltage
12 Volts

Firing Order
1-4-2-5-3-6

Sparkplugs
NGK
ILZKR7B11
DENSO
SXU22HCR11

Alternator Output
13.5 Volts/110 Amps

Coil Resistance
3.6 Ohms at 68 degrees F

Compression
Minimum
134.8 psi
Maximum Variation
29 psi

Jacking Methods
Front
Rear
Side jack points ONLY. Do not use the rear differential (4WD), rear sub-frame or rear suspension components. (I am in the process of having a friend fabricate a 2” steel jack bar for the rear with non-sliding jack points for the jack rails on the car and a non-sliding jack point that will be welded in the center of the bar. I’ll try to get a picture up when it’s done.)

Wheel Lug Nuts

Engine Air Filter
7.2 lbf.ft

Engine Oil (0W-20)
Oil Quantity
Engine overhaul
5.3 US qt
4.5 US qt
4.2 US qt
Torques
29 lbf.ft
9 lbf.ft

Coolant Quantity
Engine overhaul
2.27 US gal
Coolant change
1.74 US gal
Coolant Reservoir
0.18 US gal
Radiator Cap
Opens at 13.5-17.8psi
Thermostat
Opens at 169-176 degrees
Torque
7lbf.ft

Torque
9 lbf.ft

Fuel
Capacity
18.5 US gal
Fuel Pressure
57-64 psi
Idle Speed
650+/-50 no load
799+/-50 under load

Quantity
(4WD) Engine Overhaul
8.3 US qt
(4WD) Fluid Change
3.0 US qt
(2WD) Engine Overhaul
7.9 US qt
(2WD) Fluid Change
3.5 US qt
Torques
36 lbf.ft
32 lbf.ft

Quantity
Overhaul
.48 US qt
Fluid Change
.43 US qt
Torques
32 lbf.ft
32 lbf.ft

Quantity
Overhaul
1.5 US qt
Fluid Change
1.3 US qt
Torques
35 lbf.ft
35 lbf.ft

Quantity
System Capacity
1.2 US qt
Reservoir Capacity
.34 US qt

Parking Brake

Bleed Pattern
Torques
Front Bleed Nipple
6.3 lbf.ft
16 lbf.ft
37 lbf.ft
101 lbf.ft
6.9 lbf.ft
Rear Bleed Nipple
6.3 lbf.ft
16 lbf.ft
17 lbf.ft
80 lbf.ft
6.9 lbf.ft
Service Limits
1.6mm
Front Brake Disc
26mm (Refinishing Limit)
1.6mm
Rear Brake Disc
8mm (Refinishing Limit)
1mm

Engine Under Cover
There are eleven body molding fasteners that attach the undercover to the vehicle (six along the front bumper cover, two on the driver side and three on the passenger side. Remove them and the undercover will come off.

Drive Belt
2010 – Drive Belt Auto Tensioner - Hydraulically Actuated (Pressure with socket wrench should be steady and the stroke should take 3 seconds)
Take one minute and draw a diagram of the belt/pulley pattern. Working over the engine, attach a socket and wrench/breaker bar (2010 Owners, forward the socket size to me and I’ll add it) to the tensioner and push straight back toward the rear of the vehicle; thus, releasing the tension on the belt and remove the belt.
2011 – Drive Belt Auto Tensioner – Spring Actuated (Make sure the socket or wrench attachment is set and secure on the upper pulley bolt. If it slips, it’s not going to be good for your fingers.
Take one minute and draw a diagram of the belt/pulley pattern. Working over the engine, attach a socket or wrench attachment and wrench/breaker bar (2011 Owners, forward the socket or wrench attachment size to me and I’ll add it) to the upper tensioner pulley and push straight back toward the rear of the vehicle; thus, releasing the tension on the belt and remove the belt. (Note: These threads are reverse threaded; you will not loosen anything)

Tensioner Pulley Removal
Remove the belt. Remove the engine under cover. There are two bolts. One is a 12 x 1.25 and the other is a 8 x 1.25. Remove those and the tensioner will come off. Installation is the reverse. Conduct the air bleed as described below.
Torques
Upper Tensioner Pulley Bolt 12 x 1.25 (Clean the bolt and washer and apply a light coat of new oil to the bolt and the washer.)
55 lbf.ft
16 lbf.ft

2011 – Spring Actuated
Remove the belt. Remove the engine under cover. There are two bolts. One is a 10 x 1.5 and the other is a 8 x 1.25. Remove those and the tensioner will come off. Installation is the reverse.
Torques
33 lbf.ft
16 lbf.ft

2010 Models Only
Remove the belt. Fully compress and decompress the tensioner three times taking three seconds per stroke. (Should be six strokes total) (Yes, I know how that sounds)

!!!WARNING!!! – SEVERE RISK OF DEATH – THEY ALMOST DOUBLE THE TORQUE VALUES AT THE FACTORY – WHEN REMOVING, IF YOU ARE ABLE TO APPLY THIS MUCH PRESSURE TO THE VEHICLE BY USING A BREAKER BAR WHILE UNDER THE VEHICLE, THEN THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE YOU CAN PULL THE VEHICLE FORWARD OFF OF THE JACKSTANDS IF THE FOUNDATION ISN’T LEVEL – BE CAREFUL!
Torques (Ensure all mating surfaces are clean and apply new oil to the mating surface of the bolt)
24mm Nut
181 lbf.ft
26mm Nut
242 lbf.ft

2) Where the glove box damper attaches to the glove box door on the right side – push the damper down and forward until is separates.
7) Installation is the reverse. Set the damper by hooking the pin and gently pulling the arm forward until it sets into place.

The CT TPMS is a speed actuated system that comes on after 28mph and updates every minute. If low pressure is detected in a tire, the Low Tire Pressure Indicator will come on. If the TPMS detects a fault in the system (low sensor voltage, no sensor signal), the TPMS light will come on. After driving at speeds under 28 mph or being stopped, the TPMS will continue to operate for five minutes. Afterwards, the system will go into sleep mode until the CT reaches 28mph once again.

The light will come on when the pressure reaches 25 psi in all models (27 psi in the 2011 AWD model). The light will go off after the vehicle reaches 28mph and the tire pressure is above 29 psi in all models (30 psi in the 2011 AWD model).

Remember:
2) The TPMS sensors use lithium batteries. -4 degree weather and lower may cause power output to drop causing the TPMS light to come on.
3) The spare does not have a TPMS sensor; thus, the light will come on until the tire is replaced.
4) Fluid based tire repair sealant can damage the sensor. It can also prevent the sensor from detecting pressure.

Alternator
When alternators fail, one of the usual culprits are worn brushes. The brush housing Honda uses for the CT, and countless other models, is easily removed, inspected and, replaced (Minimum service usages for the brushes is 1.5 mm). Also ensure the battery is in good health, the terminals are clean and the battery terminal contacts are tight.
Removal-
5) From under the vehicle, LOOSEN the two bolts that hold the AC condenser fan housing.
6) Remove the Coolant reservoir (The hose will pull from the radiator neck and the reservoir will pop up and slide out of its harness)
7) From over the vehicle, remove the two bolts that hold the AC condenser fan housing and remove the AC condenser fan housing from the engine compartment.
9) Disconnect the alternator connector cable, the Positive (+) alternator cable, the AC compressor clutch electrical connector harness attached to the alternator, the AC compressor clutch electrical connection from the AC compressor and the bolt securing the alternator electrical wire harness to the alternator.

Installation is reverse order of removal. Take care not to drop the AC condenser fan housing back into place; breaking the radiator drain petcock housing would really suck.
Torques
16 lbf.ft
33 lbf.ft
9 lbf.ft
9 lbf.ft
5.2 lbf.ft

Engine Code
J35Z2

Engine Type

Voltage
12 Volts

Firing Order
1-4-2-5-3-6

Sparkplugs
NGK
ILZKR7B11
DENSO
SXU22HCR11

Alternator Output
13.5 Volts/110 Amps

Coil Resistance
3.6 Ohms at 68 degrees F

Compression
Minimum
134.8 psi
Maximum Variation
29 psi

Jacking Methods
Front
Rear

Wheel Lug Nuts

Engine Air Filter
7.2 lbf.ft

Engine Oil (0W-20)
Oil Quantity
Engine overhaul
5.3 US qt
4.5 US qt
4.2 US qt
Torques
29 lbf.ft
9 lbf.ft

Coolant Quantity
Engine overhaul
2.27 US gal
Coolant change
1.74 US gal
Coolant Reservoir
0.18 US gal
Radiator Cap
Opens at 13.5-17.8psi
Thermostat
Opens at 169-176 degrees
Torque
7lbf.ft

Torque
9 lbf.ft

Fuel
Capacity
18.5 US gal
Fuel Pressure
57-64 psi
Idle Speed
650+/-50 no load
799+/-50 under load

Quantity
(4WD) Engine Overhaul
8.3 US qt
(4WD) Fluid Change
3.0 US qt
(2WD) Engine Overhaul
7.9 US qt
(2WD) Fluid Change
3.5 US qt
Torques
36 lbf.ft
32 lbf.ft

Quantity
Overhaul
.48 US qt
Fluid Change
.43 US qt
Torques
32 lbf.ft
32 lbf.ft

Quantity
Overhaul
1.5 US qt
Fluid Change
1.3 US qt
Torques
35 lbf.ft
35 lbf.ft

Quantity
System Capacity
1.2 US qt
Reservoir Capacity
.34 US qt

Parking Brake

Bleed Pattern
Torques
Front Bleed Nipple
6.3 lbf.ft
16 lbf.ft
37 lbf.ft
101 lbf.ft
6.9 lbf.ft
Rear Bleed Nipple
6.3 lbf.ft
16 lbf.ft
17 lbf.ft
80 lbf.ft
6.9 lbf.ft
Service Limits
1.6mm
Front Brake Disc
26mm (Refinishing Limit)
1.6mm
Rear Brake Disc
8mm (Refinishing Limit)
1mm

Engine Under Cover

Drive Belt

Tensioner Pulley Removal
Torques
55 lbf.ft
16 lbf.ft

2011 – Spring Actuated
Torques
33 lbf.ft
16 lbf.ft

2010 Models Only

24mm Nut
181 lbf.ft
26mm Nut
242 lbf.ft

Remember:

Alternator
Removal-

Torques
16 lbf.ft
33 lbf.ft
9 lbf.ft
9 lbf.ft
5.2 lbf.ft
It is now

Engine Code
J35Z2

Engine Type

Voltage
12 Volts

Firing Order
1-4-2-5-3-6

Sparkplugs
NGK
ILZKR7B11
DENSO
SXU22HCR11

Alternator Output
13.5 Volts/110 Amps

Coil Resistance
3.6 Ohms at 68 degrees F

Compression
Minimum
134.8 psi
Maximum Variation
29 psi

Jacking Methods
Front
Rear

Wheel Lug Nuts

Engine Air Filter
7.2 lbf.ft

Engine Oil (0W-20)
Oil Quantity
Engine overhaul
5.3 US qt
4.5 US qt
4.2 US qt
Torques
29 lbf.ft
9 lbf.ft

Coolant Quantity
Engine overhaul
2.27 US gal
Coolant change
1.74 US gal
Coolant Reservoir
0.18 US gal
Radiator Cap
Opens at 13.5-17.8psi
Thermostat
Opens at 169-176 degrees
Torque
7lbf.ft

Torque
9 lbf.ft

Fuel
Capacity
18.5 US gal
Fuel Pressure
57-64 psi
Idle Speed
650+/-50 no load
799+/-50 under load

Quantity
(4WD) Engine Overhaul
8.3 US qt
(4WD) Fluid Change
3.0 US qt
(2WD) Engine Overhaul
7.9 US qt
(2WD) Fluid Change
3.5 US qt
Torques
36 lbf.ft
32 lbf.ft

Quantity
Overhaul
.48 US qt
Fluid Change
.43 US qt
Torques
32 lbf.ft
32 lbf.ft

Quantity
Overhaul
1.5 US qt
Fluid Change
1.3 US qt
Torques
35 lbf.ft
35 lbf.ft

Quantity
System Capacity
1.2 US qt
Reservoir Capacity
.34 US qt

Parking Brake

Bleed Pattern
Torques
Front Bleed Nipple
6.3 lbf.ft
16 lbf.ft
37 lbf.ft
101 lbf.ft
6.9 lbf.ft
Rear Bleed Nipple
6.3 lbf.ft
16 lbf.ft
17 lbf.ft
80 lbf.ft
6.9 lbf.ft
Service Limits
1.6mm
Front Brake Disc
26mm (Refinishing Limit)
1.6mm
Rear Brake Disc
8mm (Refinishing Limit)
1mm

Engine Under Cover

Drive Belt

Tensioner Pulley Removal
Torques
55 lbf.ft
16 lbf.ft

2011 – Spring Actuated
Torques
33 lbf.ft
16 lbf.ft

2010 Models Only

24mm Nut
181 lbf.ft
26mm Nut
242 lbf.ft

Remember:

Alternator
Removal-

Torques
16 lbf.ft
33 lbf.ft
9 lbf.ft
9 lbf.ft
5.2 lbf.ft
It is now 2023, and this is still the most informative bit of information I've found. I proudly own a 2010 C/T and this is 'still' the most thorough, concise, & ready to read thread. I'll be converting to stainless steel brake lines and now realize I've been using the wrong torque amounts. Thank you for this old, but -new found knowledge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.