groaning sound in suspension

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  L8Apex 
#1 ·
My brand new Crosstour has a "groaning" sound originating
from the suspension system. My dealer ordered some "knuckles"
to install to correct the problem. Anyone else had this problem
and received this "fix"?

#5 ·
Yup, I had the same groaning sound. My Honda Dealer put my Crosstour on a rack, placed mini microphones all over the undercarriage. They pinpointed the groaning noise to my LR wheel bearing. They replaced the bearing, this took care of the groaning and increase my gas mileage 25 miles per tank. :)

#6 ·
Please tell me that they are not replacing a knuckle! It's just a piece of cast iron with a machined seat for a hub bearing and machined ball joint perches.

The issue seems to be a wheel bearing, although I can't be sure. To change a bearing, they need to free the knuckle from steering or suspension restrictions (ball joints, etc) and pull the brake caliper, brake bracket, rotor, drive shaft spline and move the knuckle to a press where the hub, old bearing and clip are pushed out and a new bearing, hub and clip are pressed into the knuckle. The knuckle is then re-installed, drive and brake components re-installed an then aligned. 90-120 minutes for each wheel and an alignment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.