Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Scored a killer deal, here to learn about what I got!

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Kyras 
#1 ·
I joined the CT family yesterday. My wife and I bought a new 'leftover' 2012 EXL 4wd. Best part is, with the Honda incentives ($2,500 dealer cash and $500 Honda Finance Flex Cash) and a dealer that wanted the room, we got over $8,000 off sticker getting a bottom line price of $26,501. They sweetened the deal with 0.9% over 5 years through Honda finance. If you know anybody looking at yours with envy, now is the time!

On to why I'm here! (It wasn't just to brag on the deal we got.) I've always been a self-servicer with my vehicles, and there seemed to be a lot of those here. I also need to accessorize; mud flaps to start, but several things on that list.

Looking forward to our new ride, we pick it up day after Christmas!

#3 ·
Wow, that is one steal of a deal! Congrats on your purchase of the Crosstour. You won't be disappointed. Still loving mine. It still looks like a concept car to me! I agree with the mud guard price in previous post. Great price there, too. With cash you saved you can get a dedicated set of winter tires. Happy drivin'

#4 ·
I think I may start with the flaps and the body-side molding. I do need to get a hitch as well. But even at Bernardi prices, the factory hitch is PRICEY, and I don't need it until spring anyways, so I have time to research those more.

Not coincidentally, Bernardi Honda is where I'm picking up the CT. Going to call the parts dept and see if their web pricing is good on cash/carry parts. ;) :D

#5 · (Edited)
deathwish, what color did you get? Great deal! Did you get the V6?

I love my 2011 glacier blue EX-L Crosstour. FYI, you can kill the battery in it. I left mine at Orange County/Santa Ana/John Wayne (SNA) airport for 5 days, and got back to it on Christmas night to find the battery so dead that even the doors wouldn't unlock with the key fob. :eek: I was in the lower level of the parking structure and left on the interior map lights when I parked. Oops. AAA was there in 15 minutes and I was good to go.

#6 ·
We got the Polished Metal with black leather, v6 and 4wd. As a 2012, sticker price with destination charge was $35,250. Before tax, doc fees and registration, we were at $26,501. At pickup, they had included wheel locks at no charge, and had replaced the battery since the car had been on the lot for over 6 months . . . And it even had a full tank of gas. No complaints from me at all.

We had gone in with their price from speedbilly.com, and since we didn't actually use the service, they dropped their price an additional $300 without much haggling since $295 would have gone to speedbilly as a finder's fee.

Sales manager claims they lost money on our deal . . . I've heard that from dealers before, but for the first time, I actually believe them.

#7 ·
I believe them too, that they lost money. Nicely done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.