Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Cargo Privacy Cover

95K views 114 replies 52 participants last post by  ghostrider990 
#1 ·
So, as of two days ago, I'm a so-far happy lessee of a polished metal metallic 2012 EXL with nav crosstour. I like it a lot, I must say. I noticed, however, that I don't have a cargo privacy cover, and I thought I'd read that they came standard. My apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it at all. Anyway, if it's no longer offered, then I'm a bit disappointed, but it seems to have its pros and cons (e.g., where do you store it when you're not using it?) If it's no longer offered, then it was a minor change that honda snuck by from 2011 to 2012. Thanks in advance for any help.

#81 ·
I bought my 2nd CT on New Years Eve and did not even realize that the cargo cover was not there until I read the posts on this site. I went to the dealer to ask and found that they have deleted this as standard equipment. The sales person said that she would ask the parts department and call me when she got an answer. A week went by and I visited the dealer and spoke to the sales person face to face and told her that I was disappointed that I had not received a phone call. Long story short - she called me this morning and said that I could get it and installed for $200 and then a 20% discount. For $160, that is a good deal so it is on order. I also have a 2011 CT and the cover is standard equipment on that. I know the disadvantage of limited cargo space and difficulty in removal, but also know the advantage of hiding whatever I am carrying from public view and reducing the possibility of a breakin to get something that is in sight.

#84 ·
Cover

They where standard for 2010,2011 not 2012. I had to buy mine also no big deal real easy to install and when I trade my 2012 for my new 2012 I took ot out and put it in the new one along with my window visors,bumper cover, all season mats, cargo tray, door jamb sill plates, K&N typhoon intake. No reason to spend money when you don't have too

#86 ·
My 2012 didn't come with one. And what I have seen, I do not want one. I have decided to have a panel made for the area out of smoked plastic from Tap Plastics. I will use small section of velcro for securing it on the flat rail at each side.
It will be strong enough for a cargo deck or if not needed, laid flat on the floor.
I wish the cargo panels that came standard had locks.

#89 ·
2013 Cargo Cover

Just got a '13 CT EX-L. I love the car, but disappointed both that there is no cargo cover and the fact that none of the Honda literature shows it as an option (yet the 'grooves' are there for using a cover). Dealer was stumped as well. Does anyone know if the 2012 cargo cover will fit the 2013? I don't think there have been dimensional changes to the trunk.

Thanks!

#90 ·
Just got a '13 CT EX-L. I love the car, but disappointed both that there is no cargo cover and the fact that none of the Honda literature shows it as an option (yet the 'grooves' are there for using a cover). Dealer was stumped as well. Does anyone know if the 2012 cargo cover will fit the 2013? I don't think there have been dimensional changes to the trunk.

Thanks!
I believe it is exactly the same screen.

I want to say I remember a member on here who traded in their 1st Gen CT for a 2nd, saved their privacy screen, and it fit perfect.

#93 ·
Cargo cover

www.hondapartsunlimited.com , has the cargo covers that Honda was to cheap to supply to their loyal customers. If I wanted a Pickup truck I would have bought one. What I put in the Cargo area should be hidden. I'm glad that no one ever got a flat tire on a Crosstour.... using Honda logic we would have buy our own tires. Looks like someone from Apple is now in charge of the cargo area at Honda.

#96 ·
www.hondapartsunlimited.com , has the cargo covers that Honda was to cheap to supply to their loyal customers. If I wanted a Pickup truck I would have bought one. What I put in the Cargo area should be hidden. I'm glad that no one ever got a flat tire on a Crosstour.... using Honda logic we would have buy our own tires. Looks like someone from Apple is now in charge of the cargo area at Honda.
Regarding getting a flat, you do know that there is a spare tire under the car, right? :confused: :p

#94 ·
Thanks to all of your postings, I just got the cargo cover, but went through the same stuff as many of you. The parts guy at the Honda place couldn't find it, so I gave him part numbers which came from this forum.

Four days later, after some not-so-great service, they installed it (complimentary install).

I like it a lot!

My SINCERE THANKS to all of you!!!

#95 ·
need help removing screw cap

I am installing the cargo cover using one from a 2010 CT.

There are covers over the location for the washered screws that anchor the hangers - I need help in how to remove those covers. I tried with a couple of flat screwdriver, but didn't want to damage anything.

Do I just apply more force or are there some methods that I am not seeing.

Thanks.

#97 ·
I am installing the cargo cover using one from a 2010 CT.

There are covers over the location for the washered screws that anchor the hangers - I need help in how to remove those covers. I tried with a couple of flat screwdriver, but didn't want to damage anything.

Do I just apply more force or are there some methods that I am not seeing.

Thanks.
Same here. How do you take it out? I already dings the sides with screw driver. Help?!!

#99 ·
Cargo Covers became an option in the 2012 Model Year as near as I can tell.

For me it is not a Big Deal. I owned/leased several new VW's Hatchback models in the 70's and 80's. I worked for VW of America back then, we got a new car almost as soon as the ash tray needed to be emptied on our current car!

I always found the covers a nuisance whenever I had to load something larger than what the cover would allow and with three small kids to haul around and the paraphernalia that goes with them, that was most of the time!

The privacy the cover provided is nice, but the Privacy Glass that is OEM and the hidden cargo bin makes it much less important to me now...

#101 ·
The dealership in Texas told me that Honda no longer made the cargo cover available because of customer complaints, but once I let them know that if it didn't have the cover I wasn't buying the car they ordered it and installed, its a two piece cover but my windows are tinted so you can't see it.

#106 ·
Gotta ask'

If the tinted windows prevent you from seeing the cargo cover, ---why bother with it.

I found them to be nothing but a nuisance every time you put something tin the trunk.
The cargo cover hides whatever items are in the trunk from view, regardless of the tinted windows.

Perhaps I just bought a new BluRay player and it's sitting in the trunk, then I run into another store... I'd rather people couldn't look in and decide whether my car was a good target for breaking into.

#107 ·
A small blanket works just fine, kept folded onto the left side of trunk or in the bucket. The dowl idea is a good one however, but the dowls will then have to be dealt with when you want to pull the levers to lower one of the rear seat backs. With a blanket, all is free to work as advertised.
BTW, my wife and I slept on a full-size air mattress squeezed in the back; there was plenty of room (well enough anyway); only problem is opening the back; had to get out a rear door, but a minor issue.

#108 ·
The blanket is a good idea HOWEVER if someone looks into the rear and see lumps in it which would lead to curiosity as to what those lumps might be... a regular cargo cover has a little weight to it. The wooden dowels are light weight easily removable and easy to make to look factory.

White Rhino

#109 ·
Black cover works.

I've done this using a black sheet, space rug when I transport items of value in my Ridgeline/Pilot. With the dark tinted windows and the black colored cloth, its' very difficult to see even the lump in the backseat/cargo areas even in full daylight.

I don't think any ner' do wells ( ;) ) wanna hang around a car for so long being that obvious that they are uh...."window shopping" in the parking lots. Now I wouldn't place a covered item on the front/back seats, just makes em curious. But the floorspace/cargo areas stay fairly dark where no items are easily visible. It's worked so far. :rolleyes:

I too just keep it the black cloth folded up in a corner or under the seats ready to use. I've had cargo covers in a few other vehicles I owned they soon ended up stored in my garage. To each his own, I usually carry taller gear that hinders the use.

#110 · (Edited)
Love my Cargo Cover

I finally broke down and bought the cargo cover (from Bernadini's Honda) it was cheaper to get it online than from my Dealer even with a supposed Costco parts discount of 15%.

I read allot about the cover and all the reviews. After issues and worry about stashing stuff under a blanket, I bought the cover. It took less than 5 minutes to install.

I love the cargo cover, I really do not see any loss of vision out of the rear of the car. I'm very happy and I feel my stuff is safer and more concealed under the cargo cover.

:eek:

#111 ·
I would also like to get the Privacy Cover for my 2012 EX-L... but don't want to pay the list price (see below). If anyone would be willing to sell theirs for a fair price let me know.

www.Hondaautomotiveparts.com
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...cgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=CARGO COVER&vinsrch=null

2- 84402-TP6-A01ZA HOOK, RR. SHELF *NH167L* $8.30 (4.15ea)
1- 84400-TP6-A03ZA LINER, TAILGATE $83.44
1- 84410-TP6-A03ZA COVER, CARGO *NH167L* $104.45
1- 74820-TP6-A01 STAY ASSY., R. TAILGATE OPEN 22.06
1- 74870-TP6-A01 STAY ASSY., L. TAILGATE OPEN 22.06

Subtotal $240.31

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.