Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Driving in snow

18K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  edubfromktown 
#1 ·
I drove to the Truckee area in NorCal today in heavy snow. The CT did great with 4 wheel drive! Never felt out of control and loved not having to stop and put on chains!

#2 ·
Gratz, the CT 4WD handles extremely well in heavy snow. Lots of ground clearance so you dont end up plowing the snow. A good set of winter tires and you can handle almost anything. I live in Canada and drive a lot in heavy snow, the CT is great in adverse conditions and is sexy to drive to boot.

Cheers
Pop

#3 ·
Looking forward to it. Bought ours in February but we never had any snow at all last winter in the Saratoga County part of NY, even up into the Adirondacks. Hopefully this year we're back to normal and get to go out and play in six or more inches of snow once in awhile. I'm expecting this thing to be pretty capable.

#7 ·
A member PM'ed me and said it would be good for everyone to know I have the 2010-2011 Volumes 1 & 2 Honda Maintenance Manuals for the CT. I mentioned this in my newbie message, but I guess this is the more appropriate place. So for what it's worth, please feel free to ask me any questions regarding the CT. I'm sitting on over a thousand pages of stuff (trim panel removal, headlight replacement, torque values, fluid quantities, engine removal and overhaul... Everything!)

#9 ·
Had my first WINTER drive in MY CT this past few days...have to say, SO impressed!

Damn thing is nearly unflappable EVEN on the OEM Michelin Lattitudes. :p

Didn't do so good in the DEEP snow drifts, but a set of snow tires would cure that. I was going to order a set of Blizzaks, but we really don't get enuff snow to justify that, around here.

Really, I cannot be happier with the OEM snow performance of this car.

The ONLY 4wd car that performs better (imho) in the Honda lineup, is the 12/13 CR-V with it's updated Electronic Steering, and Upgraded electronics VSA/ABS pkg, and AWD vectoring system.

If the CT got THESE upgrades, it would be just THAT much better!

Enjoy the winter....i AM! :D

gr

#12 ·
Second ever Snow drive

I'm still dealing with a Step Dad who has dementia. A couple of Saturdays ago my Mom was just loosing it, so I threw Mom and the Step Dad in the car and headed to Snoqualmie Pass. What a GREAT drive, Mom slept, read, watched the views and relaxed. The Step Dad sat in the back and behaved the whole trip.

The trip was snowy, others were chaining up, we whizzed by AWD activating once and a while, it was great, SOLID handling on the road the whole trip.:D This is why I bought the car! I love it.

#13 ·
Not much snow here in NYC so far this winter. We had one Noreaster that left a few inches on the floor, and the CT was very impressive in the snow. Also hit some heavy snow driving through Ohio a few weeks back, and the CT did not disappoint. So far, the CT has handled better than expected in the snow.

#14 ·
I added a new phrase to my weather vocabulary this winter, "Polar Vortex."

Anyways, we have gotten pounded in NYC with a parade of snow storms. The snow plows left my Crosstour surrounded by a wall of snow up to my window. This morning, all I had to do was hit the gas the Crosstour muscled out of this pile of snow like a CHAMP!

Holy freakin cow, the Crosstour is a BEAST.

#17 ·
I've had excellent success driving my 2010 CT in the snow. Turns and hill climbs haven't been particularly challenging (got the stock Michelin tires on there still).

Got ~14" of snow last Thu. and I drove into work no problem (did a victory lap on the roof for fun). Other than busting through plow-pushed snow at a few intersections, the only place it touched the underside of my car was at the edge of the driveway on my drive home.

#18 ·
Subaru Fail

Any 4wd car (particularly those with limited clearance) will be challenged in this predicament... thought it was amusing that the poster said he wants his money back :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.