Honda Crosstour Forums banner

MPG Log

15K views 37 replies 24 participants last post by  CPNY 
#1 ·
Second Tank:

15.8 Gal. @ 3.86 per Gal. Total: 61.02.

Distance traveled: 379 mi.

MPG = 23.9

I thought that I would have had better MPG because it was mostly highway, but I did leave for 2 days and my wife had some local road fun I guess. She says that she drove it twice, but my gage went from 1/2 to 1/8 during this time:rolleyes:

#33 · (Edited)

Here's mine after 2 fill ups and one 3/4 partial due to the snow coming later today.
Not great, not terrible, but kind of as expected. My 2012 Accord 4 cyl got around 400-425 miles average on each tank. This is almost as good, but I really can't beat on it like the Accord to hit these numbers. This is definitely a more comfier car than the Accord though. Rides like a tank. I also just noticed there is a dual exhaust. Pretty cool for a 4cylinder. Hope to get better mpg as time moves on, but hey....I knew I wasn't buying a Honda Civic when I signed on the dotted line.

#35 ·
I've owned a Crosstour / 2WD / 4 cyl / EXL w/o nav since April 2012 and love it. I was concerned the 4 cyl would not be enough in this size car but it has been great so far. I traded a 07 CRV which did not have quite the horse power of the Crosstour.

As for mpg I calculate it the old fashion way - pen and paper. Never have trusted the built in calculators! Around town I'm getting consistant 21 - 23 mpg (depends on how heavy the foot is) and on open road w/cruise set at 72 I get a consistant 27 - 29 mpg. Ran a few tanks of 89 octain fuel and saw a bump to 31 mpg. I'm in coastal SC so it's fairly flat here. (Over passes are our hills!) My road trips are usually to upstate SC to about 800' above sea level so I do run uphill at times.

Love the car with the only complaint being the same as two other Honda's I've owned - lousy, crappy, terreble low beam head lights. Seems to be a problem on all Hondas. Haven't figured out how to adjust them yet so if anyone can help with that . . .!

#37 ·
My gauges are off by ~1mpg.
2011 V6 EX-L w/Nav.
Actual average (paper) is 21 mpg.
Trip B (untouched since purchase) says 22 mpg.
I am using 89 octane fuel. I tried 87, 89, and 92 octane and get the best mileage out of the 89 octane fuel. I drive 85% highway (60-75 mph) and 15% city stop and go.

I am 1/4 way into a fresh tank of 89, and I am averaging 25.6 mpg on the gauge, which is the highest average I've seen so far.
I am seeing 300 miles out of a full tank before fill up, and my gauges say I could drive another 50-60 miles, but I don't like to push it. At 300 miles I am putting about 12 gallons in to fill it up.

How do you get the software update to correct the gauges?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.