Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Recall - Software update Transmission

11K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Crusader762 
#1 ·
I just noticed on the Honda Owners Web site that they have issed arecall for the transmission software. Even though the message below does not call for the 6-cylinder I have a notice on Honda Owner's Link

For Immediate Release

Statement by American Honda Regarding
Automatic Transmission Control Module Software Recall:
2005-2010 Accord, 2007-2010 CR-V and 2005-2008 Element​
TORRANCE, Calif. – August 5, 2011 – Honda will voluntarily recall approximately 1.5 million vehicles in the U.S. to update the software that controls the automatic transmission. Certain 2005-2010 4-cylinder Accord, 2007-2010 CR-V and 2005-2008 Element vehicles will be included in the voluntary recall. Without the updated software, the automatic transmission secondary shaft bearing in the affected vehicles can be damaged if the transmission is quickly shifted between each of the reverse, neutral and drive positions, as may be done in an attempt to dislodge a vehicle stuck in mud or snow. If the bearing is damaged in this unusual scenario, it can cause the engine to stall or lead to difficulty engaging the parking gear. The update to the vehicle’s automatic transmission control module software will ease the transition between gears to reduce the possibility of damage. No injuries or deaths have been reported related to this condition.
Honda is announcing this recall to encourage all owners of affected vehicles to take their vehicles to an authorized dealer as soon as they receive notification of this recall from Honda. Notification to customers will begin on August 31, 2011.
When Honda identifies concerns of this nature, nothing is more important to the company than fulfilling our obligation and responsibility to alert our customers. To this end, in addition to contacting customers by mail, after August 31, owners of these vehicles will be able to determine if their vehicles require repair by going on-line to www.recalls.honda.com or by calling (800) 999-1009, and selecting option 4.​
# # #

See less See more
#2 ·
I entered my VIN into the recall checker (on the Owner's Link website) and it said my vehicle wasn't involved...

...for what it's worth.

My understanding is that all this software update does is increases the time between the transmission actually changing gears. The idea being that people wouldn't be able to slam it back and forth quickly.... which you shouldn't do anyway.

#3 ·
A friend of mine took in his 2010 CR-V just this morning for it's first oil change. (He bought it new in April.) He told the service department that the vehicle fell flat sometimes, accelerating, and that it didn't shift right. They told him there was this software update and did it. He's very happy with the change it made.

#5 ·
I'd be happy with an update for the Crosstour software. I love the way it's got plenty of power to pass, when you're already going 60 mph or so, but it seems like a dog at low speeds.

#6 ·
Is there a software update for the Crosstour stereo so it doesn't sound like a 360watt tin can? So pissed about my stereo. I can't even listen at normal volume to a whole song or even talk radio without my ears ringing, even with the treble all the way down. It's like an ice pick in my head.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.