Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Bluetooth Phonebook Keeps getting LOST

14K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Genoz 
#1 ·
Every week or so when I try to make a call thru the bluetooth phonebook, it does not work and when I say Phonelist, List, the system tells me that I have NO phonebook entries.

I setup several entries and a week or so later, it is empty again.

Like a Dummy, I spent a good hour setting it up again, and a few days later, EMPTY.

Damn, I only setup ONE now until someone can tell me if there is a FIX for this problem. I traded my 2011 CT NON navi for a 2012 CT NAVI and this problem only exists on this model.

If a Honda tech or someone with the same issue reads this, please direct me in the right place. I use this phonebook alot to avoid going to my phone.

thanks

#5 ·
xaque; yes. all my contacts have been transferred from my phone (iphone 4) to the car's phone book. then, when i choose a number, and go through the process of transferring it to the hfl list (saying the name aloud, etc.) it sticks around fr a while. then about a week or so later, poof, every name ive transferred to the hfl list is gone. it says there are no numbers in the call list. thankfully, everythings still there in the car's phone book.

patty, i suppose it could be the phone, but it seems weird that it would only affect thr hfl list. pretty annoying. it's a 2012 exl nav.

#6 ·
Alright. That's what I thought you said but I just wanted to make sure the simple stuff was ruled out first. (If you've ever solved a problem over the phone by reminding someone that a machine needs to be "plugged in" you'll know where I'm coming from.)

;)

This is an odd thing and I'm not sure why it would be doing it. I wonder if there is something either lose in the carputer or a dead battery that is causing the system to reset in someway. This definitely sounds like a problem for the dealer to sort through.

#7 ·
ugh. it was going great for weeks, then, bam, again. i lost all my voice-activated entries. the phone book is still accessible through the menu, but the convenient feature of calling out the name i saved is lost to me. i guess i'll bring it up with the dealer on my first maintenance visit. it's one of those things that's so infrequent that i bet it'll be hard for the service folks to reproduce. oh well.

#11 ·
Yep, add me to your list of Bluetooth issues. One thing I think might cause the issue with me is I use to have my phone linked to another bluethooth car. Since I have unpaired it with the other car I have had no issues. Then I really do not use my phone in the car very much.

#13 ·
Traded my 2010 CT in late December on a new 2012 - neither with nav.

Anyway, I used my Samsung Galaxy SIII with the 2010 for months with ZERO problems. However, I'm getting tired of re-entering my "suddenly empty" &#$?ing phone book every couple of weeks in the new 2012!!!!

Thought it was just me until I read this thread. Going to the dealer today to hopefully get some answers.

Stay tuned...

Scott

#14 · (Edited)
I finally gave up. I now have my iPhone in a Pro Clip mount right next to the steering wheel, by the center A/C vents and I just tell Siri who to call. The phone book stuff in the car was infuriating.

I see the 2013s have a Siri button on the steering wheel. That would be pretty nice in my 2012 (as would the blind spot detection stuff in the passenger mirror).

#16 ·
I finally gave up. I now have my iPhone in a Pro Clip mount right next to the steering wheel, by the center A/C vents and I just tell Siri who to call. The phone book stuff in the car was infuriating.

I see the 2013s have a Siri button on the steering wheel. That would be pretty nice in my 2012 (as would the blind spot detection stuff in the passenger mirror).

No Siri button on 2013 its the same 3 buttons, they just all 3 buttons on top of the steering wheel instead of below. I like the buttons under the steering when like in 2010-12 better then 2013...

#17 ·
Another phone book loser

Mine works for awhile and then disappears. The dealer said he has no idea about iphone 5 with the system and told me it is my phone. My deductions so far are that if you disconnect the phone from aux while the car is on the phone book is eliminated. Either that or it is the full moon shining on the radio with one window down and my arm out the window.....let me know your own theories.

#19 ·
I have finally become afflicted with the problem of my speed dial entries suddenly becoming deleted ... I entered just a few, and the last time I went to use one - they were gone. The frustration is compounded by the fact that the system will usually not recognize my cell phone book, which is why I started using the car-based speed dials. IT'S INFURIATING. I see most people with 2012s indicating they have a problem, but I have a 2013 and wondering if other 2013 owners have had this problem, too. Thanks!

#20 ·
Phone book lost again

12 CT EXL the Phone book had 4 entries and they all got lost again. This feature is basically useless unless you like re entering all your contacts repeatedly....still no response from Honda - by the way it is an iphone 5 and the phone is good it is the Hands Free thing..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.