Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Purchased a 2012 Crosstour for decent CDN price

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  WeirdG 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Been driving my CT for the past couple of days, and I love it. It's definitely a huge upgrade over my 2005 Acura TSX. I've been bombing around through snowy and icy roads, and I can't believe how good the traction is with the stock Michelin all season tires.

In my province, the sticker price of a 2012 Crosstour EX-L 4WD w/Navi is around $40,500. The 2013 model is just under $41K. I called several dealerships in my city and just outside my city, and feel I got the best deal I could on a silver DEMO model CT. I spoke with four different dealerships, and I finally got one dealership to come down to $32K plus taxes, with a 5-year 3.99% financing rate. I felt this was the best price I could find, especially on a DEMO model with just under 10,000KM. A few other dealerships I contacted had DEMO models with 20,000-40,000KM on them, and the higher KMs didn't appeal to me.

There's an automatic $5500 rebate on CTs, plus I got another $3000 knocked off the price. They were going to give me 4.99% financing rate, but they were able to drop it down to 3.99%. Because of the rebate, no dealerships in my city could give me 0.99% financing. Either I get the rebate or I get the lower financing rate. The rebate works out to be a better deal.

My CT came with a block heater and mud guards, which is standard on all new vehicles in Alberta. The only other thing that was thrown in was a special card for a lifetime of free oil changes, 10% off all parts/accessories, and 5% cash back on all purchases through the dealership.

I actually spent $1550 extra on a protection package, which includes paint protection, rust protection, leather protection, undercoating, and 3M rock guard. I think there might be more in the package, but I can't remember what else off the top of my head. The protection package has a lifetime warranty. For example, if my seats start cracking, the dealership has to replace them under the warranty.

I ended up buying the OEM all season mats from another dealership for $165 plus tax, because the dealership I purchased the CT from was sold out. I'm planning to also install a CompuStart car starter/security system within the next couple of weeks. Next fall I want to tint the driver side and passenger side windows, and also upgrade the tires and rims. I want to put some Nokian WR all weather tires on the CT.

WG

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the family. Sounds like your new CT will get a workout in the winter up there.

#4 ·
Here in New England, Ihaven't needed a dedicated set of snows since I had my Prelude. Those stock tires (XGTV Michelin IIRC) were bad news in the snow. Also I worked nights at the time and drove frequently on unplowed interstates. Of the two tires I tried back then, my favorites were the Blizzak's, they were quiet rolling in the dry weather, and stuck well to the slippery stuff.

#5 ·
I prefer to go with the Nokian all weather tires, because I hate changing tires every couple of seasons. The Nokian WR tires also have the severe winter driving condition stamp on them. Apparently they're better than some dedicated winter tires.

WG

#6 ·
When I purchased my new 2012 Crosstour a couple of weeks ago, I asked my sales rep if she could also throw in the v4.B1 Navi DVDs. I handed over the Grey/White DVDs for my CT today, and she's going to hook me up with v4.B1 discs hopefully next week. Saves me $150 out of my pocket. :D

WG

#7 ·
Found out today my sales rep couldn't hook me up with the 2013 DVDs. She was gonna swap them from a 2013 model, but Honda is putting the maps on hard drives now. I assume it's to crack down on piracy.

Since I'm not willing to shell out $180 plus shipping for the DVDs, I'm just gonna buy a copy of them off Kijiji for $50. :p

WG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.