Honda Crosstour Forums banner

MP3 Song Titles In Display

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  WeirdG 
#1 ·
I have a question about playing MP3's from a USB flash drive. I have the songs organized by artist name folders and in those folders are the songs with the file name containing Artist Name - Album Name - Track Number - Song Name. The display on my (non-navigation) CrossTour will display the Folder (Artist name) but then displays Track 01, Track 02, etc, for the song name. Is this what everyone has too or is there perhaps a way the file name needs to be configured to display the song title as well? I did not see anything about this in the owner's manual. I was going to play around with this but decided to be lazy and ask for ideas first. :)
Thanks!

#2 ·
I'm not sure the answer to your exact question, but I can tell you how my Navi equipped CT operates...

Normally the smaller alpha-numeric display lists artist names, song titles, etc when I'm listening to satelite radio (for example). However, when I'm listening to MP3s, it behaves the same way you describe.

On the "audio" screen on my navi unit displays the actual information.

#3 ·
That sounds similar to the small display on my non-Navi CT as well. When I listened to Sirus, it would scroll the artist name, song name if it was too long enough to fit in the display at once (I let the sat radio subscription lapse as it seemed too expensive for the little I listened to it.) Maybe I should have held out for the navigation but it seemed unnecessary because of my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy SIII, great phone.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.