Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Busted blower fan after 52,000 kms

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ArtH 
#1 ·
My blower fan is already acting up...sound like a diesel engine, just listen to the vid. I removed the glove box and the cabin air filter so you get a better sense of it. I am livid :mad:, Can 't believe a part so silly can go after 52,000 kms on a 2010 CT, JubileeJack is unimpressed Honda.

Vehicle is under warranty as it hasn 't been 3 yrs yet or 60,000 kms but my stealership already warned me that if they find anything in there (i.e., rock) it will not be covered. When I heard them say this, I immediately asked how a "rock" would get in there?....there was no comeback to my query but they already appear on the defensive.

Will keep the forum posted in case this happens to anyone else but i suspect the Honda tech will claim the noise not being bad, or similar, which will result in Jacky here replacing the fan himself and swearing off Honda for another 10+ years.

Video w/ sound of the blower fan acting up:
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8670/4llyrpqjyrirscodozewao.mp4

#5 ·
Mine was replaced after250 miles. And it was not even the problem had a noise like a leave stuck in the vent when I was in the floor position no other position but that was what they diagnosed now prior to going back to dealer I pulled the motor to check for a leave nothing in there motor was operating fine so they replace motor still making sound was told it was a piece of plastic what ever noise gone now they think the consumers are idiots I knew it wasn't the fan so I got a free tank of fuel for my troubles and a car to use while it was being fixed

#6 ·
Thanks for posting your problem. Mine is acting up as well at certain speed levels, so I might see if Honda will fix. It's almost as loud as your video, but only at a certain speed, not all speeds. Funny how problems not normally part of Honda are showing up in this car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.