Honda Crosstour Forums banner

iphone 5 doe not play music?

12K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Xaque 
#1 ·
Does anyone know why my new iphone 5 does not play music? all songs are downloaded to the phone. i read its this new lightning connector. is there an adapter or something that will allow the phone to work with the car?

thanks

#4 ·
i read that i need the 30 pin to lightning adapter

i will try it out and see. my 4s worked fine in the car though

when i plug it in it says NO SONGS and of course they are all on there. they say the lighting adatper does not stream audio and has no DAC on it

we will see what happens

i have a 2011 Crosstour with nav

thanks

#7 ·
i read that i need the 30 pin to lightning adapter
DO NOT SPEND THE MONEY ON THE 30 PIN ADAPTER.

It only exists for people with hardwired 30pin docks/connectors (no USB) who need to upgrade to the iPhone5.

All you need to do is use the iPhone5 USB cable plugged into the usb port.

If you are still having troubles, I suggest following the recommendations outlined in this thread (power cycling, etc).

As I said, my iPhone5 works flawlessly (with the provided USB cable plugged into the car).

#5 ·
Lightning Cable iphone 5

I plugged my iphone 5 in this morning and the dash read "Bad USB device see owners manual" my iphone 4s never had this problem so it may be the lightning cable. I'll check it again with that cable but if anyone has luck with the adapter let me know.

#6 ·
Those having problems:

I've done quite a bit of testing/research on this. Hopefully I can help you all get your iPhones working!

First, the lightining cable shouldn't be the problem. I've tried it with three iPhones, and all worked fine. Plugging in the 30-pin adapter should not make a difference as the pins involved in the USB interface will transfer across the adapter without a change - so if it doesn't work without it, it should not make a difference with it.

With any of these USB audio interfaces the phone and the sound system have to have a "handshake" before they work. Most of the time, this isn't a problem - the first time you plug your phone in, the device will take care of this automatically. But sometimes, especially if the car has had other phone(s) plugged in, it needs to be forced to perform the handshake.

So, start by doing this:

• Start with your phone unplugged. Turn it off (hold power button until it turns off).
  • When the phone is off, plug it in to the car.
  • Turn the car usb input on on the stereo unit
  • Turn your phone on
If this doesn't do anything, keep the phone plugged into the car and hold down the home button and power button at the same time until you see the Apple logo pop up on the screen. This is how you restart your phone.

If after doing that you still aren't up and running, the next step is to check on specific errors. If you are still getting an error, could you post what the error is?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.